Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The EPA...

Ridiculous is the only word for this (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)

Thats just BS!!! Look at what it would do to racing, ecspecially drag racing...how stupid.. Its called EVOLUTION and there isnt a thing our goverment can do about it but to spend our tax money

The Environmental Protection Agency.......the same Federal Agency the caused untold and immeasurable damage, devastation, and pollution, to Colorado's Animas River in 2015. An EPA TEAM's activity 'accidentally' released a million gallons of mine-waste water, concentrated with heavy metals, into the river, turning it a vivid yellow. Can't imagine the out-cry had the shoe been on the other foot. So, all this agency has to do is worry about street cars being converted to race cars??

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleZero View Post
    The Environmental Protection Agency.......the same Federal Agency the caused untold and immeasurable damage, devastation, and pollution, to Colorado's Animas River in 2015. An EPA TEAM's activity 'accidentally' released a million gallons of mine-waste water, concentrated with heavy metals, into the river, turning it a vivid yellow. Can't imagine the out-cry had the shoe been on the other foot. So, all this agency has to do is worry about street cars being converted to race cars??
    It is important that everyone get serious about this. If this bill were to go through it certainly would spell the end of stock car racing. The stream of new drivers isn't going to continue if the entry point into the lowest division (Legends cars I guess?) is $15-$20k.

We need our stock divisions to help the sport continue on.

Contact your senator's and representative's and make sure they know. Make sure all of your friends know, share it on social media.

Thanks,
    Jeff.

You can thank the democraps for this! If Billary gets in we are screwed!

Wow...

Talk about government overreach. Hopefully, common sense prevails.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

dam, I guess im gone have to weld the catalytic converter back on my kids pony car.........

This is a ridiculous law if it were to pass, but nesmith now has an aftermarket factory chassis that has all the same mounting mounts as a stock metric chassis for a fairly reasonable cost. And weighs the exact same as a factory chassis. So it wouldn't end all the factory stok chassis classes but I cam imagine it would hurt it some. It would likely kill drag racing and many asphalt classes.

This IS a big deal guys. The EPA doesn't make a rule then go away. They ALWAYS become more involved. The EPA hasn't used common sense for a very long time.
    The EPA employees aren't always the ones writing the regulations. They sometimes use college interns that have NO knowledge about what they are regulating. Extremist groups also sue the EPA to write and enact regulations. Those groups sometimes get a cash settlement as well. They use that money to further their cause.
    If this proposed regulation goes into effect you can kiss the entry level classes goodbye. Same for many classes of drag racing and sports car racing and the automotive aftermarket parts manufacturers.

The EPA has done a lot of good, but in recent years you have to wonder what their end game is. We need to be good stewards of the environment, but not at the cost of traditional American lifestyle.

EVERYONE needs to write or call their Senators and Representatives and voice your opposition to this proposed regulation and government overreach in general.
    Support WEEKLY racing......while you still can!

Will I know a few Crazy people that race that would burn down the EPA if this happen....

Quote Originally Posted by Cardirt0 View Post
    Will I know a few Crazy people that race that would burn down the EPA if this happen....
    And that is exactly what we don't need. If we respond like a bunch of out of control rednecks they regulate the sport out of existence.

This has been coming for some time now. SEMA has been the only one I know of that has kept abreast of the steps that have been taken almost clandestinely over the past 15 to 20 years.

It may be very difficult or even impossible to turn the tide. The final goal of the people who are in support of the EPA and their power in the country is to eliminate internal combustion powered racing activities. These people have no regard for the number of jobs and livelihoods that are dependent upon racing as we now know it.

A similar fate is coming to American football as we know it due to the concussion situation. I believe it will take longer than choking out internal combustion powered auto racing but it's coming. There will be American football but it won't remotely resemble the game we all grew up with.

This is what happens when government bureaucracies aren't monitored and their intentions widely publicized. Most of the country would rather keep close track of the Kardashian's latest drama or pregnancy. There aren't enough of us to offset the apathy of the rest of the country.

Will they all way said the Home war would start over something Stupid...It all starts with taking your Guns. Will a lot of the people I know have them in the ground on the farm...And they are not rednecks.. They have good jobs and help out there friends and feed the poor...If we dont start standing up for our rights we will have no rights.. You cant do this, you cant do that, NO you cant do that ether..Do We live in Rome, oops I mean the USA .

regulate the sport out of existence: Would start a war....

And people think Social Media is the end of Dirt Track racing. LOL It might actually be the thing that saves it if this goes any further.

I'm all for the epa regulating companies in this country to keep us safe but, this would be a far reach for them in my opinion.

I will be calling my congressman and telling them I'm against this.

I agree with most of what you said Gary, but the only way we have a chance of winning is through our elected officials.

Quote Originally Posted by MM90 View Post
    And people think Social Media is the end of Dirt Track racing. LOL It might actually be the thing that saves it if this goes any further.
    The thing you hate may be the thing that saves you..ITs time too start BY VOTING for the people that will back you not them...IF a DEM get in the white house, we all will lose a lot of RIGHTS..There is a bill right now on the floor too pull the EPA back too a enforcement not someone that can regulate VOTE R or its all over.....

Quote Originally Posted by Pops15 View Post
    I agree with most of what you said Gary, but the only way we have a chance of winning is through our elected officials.
    YER,YES,YES, VOTE........ Call your Con. or Sen. IF you are a R and don't vote this year we will have no one too blame but us,,,,ILL is run by the D we owe BILLIONS to people that work for US. We cant not keep this up....

We had a big debate on this forum about what electing someone like Obama would do to this sport. NO NO< many said. Many laughed in fact. My question is, who is laughing now? The EPA does is what the White House Says.