Default best 12 volt battary

we try to keep the dyno on 12 volt stuff as a standard

we have been using a parts store battery for several years that seems to be lacking now as we have to charge it constantly---during testing

I know most of you are going to reply Optima for replacement

but which one?

keep in mind it never moves and is not exposed to ruff track conditions---its mounted on the wall -LOL
    are standard chargers OK to use with what ever you recommend?

thanks
    Brad
    www.race-1.com

We ran an Exide I really liked and never had a problem with till a bump up poked a whole in it. Replaced with a blue top Optima after a faulty red top. Also we never charge we run an alternator.

We bought our first Optima red top 7 years ago and we used it in the car for 5 years with zero problems.
    We bought a new one and put it in the race car and use the old one for the trailer winch. Zero problems out of either battery to this day.

red top optima like Matt said.

Optima says to use a yellow top battery if you are not using a charging system and a red top if you are , but it seems everyone uses a red top even without an alternator Any idea why?

Red tops are cheaper. I ran one for several years without an alterator and had no problems. I currently run a yellow top . The reason being that's what's recommended when not using alternator.

anyone try the new napa agm battery?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt49 View Post
    We bought our first Optima red top 7 years ago and we used it in the car for 5 years with zero problems.
    We bought a new one and put it in the race car and use the old one for the trailer winch. Zero problems out of either battery to this day.
    I had one go 6 years in the race car and 7 in the trailer.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Duracell makes a nice 12v deep cycle we've been running it for 2 years and you can buy it for around 100 bucks at batteries plus