Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Preseason testing the key to winning in GA.-FL Speedweeks

Richards was in Florida testing for 10 days before the start of the season this year and look what is happening

Clanton did the same last year and guess who killed em yep Clanton did

If you have the money to do the testing it can really payoff

The engineer and data acquisition helped tremendously during those test. See Lucas Oil was right, Rumley made teams spend money.......

Rumley, Davenport and Longhorn put EVERYONE on notice last year

DO YOUR HOMEWORK and Rocket clearly has

Quote Originally Posted by mccreadiefan39 View Post

but with that, the gap between weekenders and national guys is getting bigger,unless you can afford to test,and everyone i talk to is concerned about car counts,how is this going to help???
    now they will have to test,and most tracks don't want to do it much
    Last edited by grt74; 02-09-2016 at 08:21 PM.

Cool

Or copy off someone smarter than you.........LMAO had to take that one.

Quote Originally Posted by grt74 View Post
    but with that, the gap between weekenders and national guys is getting bigger,unless you can afford to test,and everyone i talk to is concerned about car counts,how is this going to help???
    IMO the gap between the weekenders and national guys should be bigger.........there will always be a local guy that will shock the world when they come to his home track, but the weekend guys are field fillers most times when the national guys roll in anyway.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Richards was in Florida testing for 10 days before the start of the season this year and look what is happening

Clanton did the same last year and guess who killed em yep Clanton did

If you have the money to do the testing it can really payoff
    The 28 has been down south since Jan. too.......practice makes perfect.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

The time in the Wind tunnel has done more than anything.

rf suspension rule.if everyone had to run a standard spring on rf it would solve a lot of this....no bump stops,springs...no stack springs....the little guy is out .. it's time spent testing and money involved, while jimmy joe is working weekly job ,Smart racers and his enginers are testing rf bump combinations and get fast,poor jimmy joe has 3 hot laps to figure something out,now who's gonna win? but wait you can buy into a chassis click ,now that roller race car that use to be 15-20 thousand is 30-50 thousand...rf is the problem!!!! and where the cost is now.

If your getting great info & feed back from your chassis manuf./shock person you can stay up to speed on all the new latest an greatest RF combos but if your trying to out smart everyone an not staying in touch your going to be behind really quick. We work all day everyday here at Warrior on making sure our info we feed to our customers is best you can have an the latest info so the working man can line up with a touring team an still feel like he has a chance! Mike @ Warrior Race Cars/1G Shock Service

How about if you can't afford to run late models, you run street stocks or whatever it's called at your track? "Little guys"/weekend racers always have the option of running a cheaper class.
    I'm glad to see testing and data acquisition enter the equation. Smarter racing is better racing to me. If you disagree, just look at how the 6 team unexpectedly dominated last year. That was a fun year. And this year it's making everyone else scramble to answer. That is fun to watch as well.
    Last edited by NormP; 02-10-2016 at 05:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NormP View Post
    How about if you can't afford to run late models, you run street stocks or whatever it's called at your track? "Little guys"/weekend racers always have the option of running a cheaper class.
    I'm glad to see testing and data acquisition enter the equation. Smarter racing is better racing to me. If you disagree, just look at how the 6 team unexpectedly dominated last year. That was a fun year. And this year it's making everyone else scramble to answer. That is fun to watch as well.
    Man I just cannot understand comments like this. More tracks are dropping Late Models every year, We've had local series' fold, etc. Car counts are a fraction of what they used to be (they had 35 cars the first night at East Bay) and here you are telling people to pack it up and buy a Street Stock if they can't afford engineering.

The series you are looking for races on Sunday on ESPN, etc. Not on Friday and Saturday night for a fraction of the pay and a much bigger fraction of the cost at this point.

I hate to break it to you but without the people who can barely afford it, the SLM division is dead. When LOLMDS rolls into town and runs an A Main with 18-19 cars the tracks will stop paying $12k real quick.

Thanks,
    Jeff.

I'm not a fan of NASCAR. I also don't live in the past. Testing and finding the next thing to give you the edge over the other guys is called competition. Competition is good. I'm not interested in a sport where we force everyone to be equal and run identical equipment--The series you are looking for races on Sunday on ESPN, etc.

Maybe we should just give everyone a participation medal instead of rewarding the innovators and the guys willing to do what it takes to run up front.

Quote Originally Posted by NormP View Post
    I'm not a fan of NASCAR. I also don't live in the past. Testing and finding the next thing to give you the edge over the other guys is called competition. Competition is good. I'm not interested in a sport where we force everyone to be equal and run identical equipment--The series you are looking for races on Sunday on ESPN, etc.

Maybe we should just give everyone a participation medal instead of rewarding the innovators and the guys willing to do what it takes to run up front.
    Engineering the sport will lead to everyone running identical equipment. That is kind of the point of engineering. Eventually when enough money has been thrown at it, there will be an optimal setup, in an optimal chassis with the optimal amount of horsepower (as calculated by countless programs) and everyone will be running around the track in the same equipment. But don't worry because all of them will be millionaires (they will have to be to afford to keep a team engineer on staff).

Meanwhile the Chris Ferguson and Brandon Overton types who have a bunch of talent but no money will be stuck running lower divisions because they don't have the millions it would take to run at the top level.

Thanks,
    Jeff.

normp I know some little guys with a super looking for a sponsor will you hire them a enginer and data guy?I know a few years back when bloomer practiced boyds they wore the rf out taking it on and off.Alot of problem is promoters even allowing practice sessions ...sure they make money off the deal but piss a lot of people off that are working and cant come play and learn a seasons worth info in a practice day..Ive been around racing for over 35 years and the last 10 years have become so political it's unreal..also what about safety issue on the solid rf suspensions ,I have seen a lot of broken shock ends ,shock mounts a-frames.... you know just about everyone ends up with same stuff in the end .. why not put a standard spring rule in and save everyone a lot of money,plus this would slow the cars down some...
    Last edited by crownman25; 02-10-2016 at 10:33 PM.

A late model class with open motor but, with rules that will save teams money, a shock package that will save teams money, a tire rule that will save teams money, a suspension rule that will save teams money.

And a late model class with open rules. That way the guys that have the backing can have all the engineers and do all the testing until their hearts content. Then those 25 to 30 or 15 to 20 cars can run a series and travel the country.

Quote Originally Posted by grt74 View Post
    Its always been that way. Don't you people remember 20/25 years ago when Bloomquist, Moyer, Boggs, F.Smith used to win just about every race? Don't remember when Bloomquist and Moyer use to win 40 races a year out 60/70 events? You people go crazy when a guy wins 15 races and think something needs to be done.lol

Theres always been engineers in the sport that helped, they are usually the ones developing the parts on the cars for parts companies that anyone can buy from. I doubt teams will be hiring a personal engineer and some data guy.lol And so what if one or two teams did/do? Might help them win 15 races that year? woooo.lol

As for car counts, thats more because the american economy has been getting poorer for a long time, if you pay no attention to the mass media you'd know that.
    Last edited by Crossbones; 02-11-2016 at 01:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crossbones View Post
    Its always been that way. Don't you people remember 20/25 years ago when Bloomquist, Moyer, Boggs, F.Smith used to win just about every race? Don't remember when Bloomquist and Moyer use to win 40 races a year out 60/70 events? You people go crazy when a guy wins 15 races and think something needs to be done.lol

Theres always been engineers in the sport that helped, they are usually the ones developing the parts on the cars for parts companies that anyone can buy from. I doubt teams will be hiring a personal engineer and some data guy.lol And so what if one or two teams did/do? Might help them win 15 races that year? woooo.lol

As for car counts, thats more because the american economy has been getting poorer for a long time, if you pay no attention to the mass media you'd know that.
    if all you have is the touring guys,its going to be a very small field,

it will be interesting to see what comes about from the woo meetings in a couple days

Quote Originally Posted by old fan View Post
    it will be interesting to see what comes about from the woo meetings in a couple days
    They've already said that anything they discuss as far as changes wouldn't actually go into effect until the 2017 season.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!