Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

A quote from Eddie Wood: So while there is disappointment at being excluded, Eddie Wood reiterated that decisions made in the past put the team in its current situation. But he said he would not change the way things played out if given the chance.

"I wouldn't turn around and switch it for that win with Trevor here if you gave me two Charters," he said. "That is how much winning (the Daytona 500) means. It is this race. Not just a race, (it's) the race. This race is above all others. I don't care if it is Indy, Le Mans, this race is above all others."

NASCAR can approach prospective sponsors with a reasonable assurance that at least 36 cars and their sponsors will be locked in regardless if they qualify at 200 mph or 2 mph. Now that is in the spirit of fair and equal competition, isn't it?

Those assurances partially equate into title sponsors and official NASCAR products, etc. However, unfortunately for NASCAR, those assurances do not equate into attendance and viewership numbers.

NASCAR is definitely not a sport and it's silly and misguided to believe it is. What it is, is a cash cow business and is run similarly to professional wrestling and other exhibition activities. And those are just a couple of more reasons why NASCAR cannot be taken seriously by objectively minded race fans. There are many, many more but the list is way too long to post here.

You really need to study up on the Charter just a little bit before you make dumb comments like that.... and once again, the Wood Brothers, whom you wail over are good with it...let it go...you'll feel better in the morning...

Oh really, the Wood Brother are good with it? So, you've no doubt spoken with them. LOL!!

Actually I feel pretty good right now but will feel even better when the wingless sprinters start to hotlap at Bubba Raceway Park late this afternoon. Real race cars on a real race track driven by real race drivers!! Hard not to feel good about that!!