Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    Man I sure hope they are broadcasting tonight. I just think dirt nation is just more then I want to pay. If Lucas doesn't broadcast tonight I guess I will se on dirt on dirt tomorrow morning.
    Me too. I am done with DN!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by plunks7 View Post
    Me too. I am done with DN!!!!!
    Yeah it's just more money then what I want to spend.

I have personally dealt with Barry brown and xsan in 2010 even as far as having their logo on my race car he blatantly lied to me told me things that never came true and took advantage of the racers to get exposure for his product at the cost of the racers.Lucas Oil TV is the way to go Lucas Oil has done more for motorsports and third track racing then xsan will ever do

We are in no way trying to be deceptive or work up the fans.

For an example of a similar situation which can help everyone better understand this scenario, during the 70s, 80s, and 90s many of the television contracts for NASCAR were negotiated between the tracks and networks. Toward the end of the 90s, NASCAR worked with all parties and negotiated deals to combine the television rights and put them under the NASCAR umbrella.

At the end of the day, this is simply a matter of property rights - it's purely who contractually owns the right to stream video for a specific event. Back in the day, NASCAR didn't own the rights to broadcast on television, because the rights to televise weren't specified in their contracts with the tracks (or the rights were specified as owned by the tracks). The tracks worked deals with ESPN, TBS, CBS, ABC, NBC, and TBS.

Thanks,

Chris Graner
    RACEFEEDX.com
    riivet.com
    XSAN - XCELERATED SPORTS ACTION NETWORK
    www.xsan.tv

Follow Us @ Facebook

Could Lucas cancel tonight if they get pi$$ed over this deal ??

Any Driver entering and competing in a Lucas Oil Dirt Late Model Series event acknowledges andaccepts the following: Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series and its assigns may use the Driver’snames, pictures, likeness, and performances in any way, medium, or material. Including withoutlimitations by and through, television, radio air(not a nice word)wave: cable and satellite broadcasts, film4productions, videotape reproductions, audio(not a nice word)tape reproductions, transmissions over the Internetand public and private on(not a nice word)line service authorized by Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series and the like,before, during and after the event for promoting, advertising, recording or reporting in the eventor any other Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series sanctioned event, and do hereby relinquish all rightsthere to for these purposes, provided however that the car owner and driver shall retain theexclusive use of its or his name; picture and likeness in connection with product endorsementsand the sale of products, services, concessions and merchandise.
    Last edited by KAOS; 02-13-2016 at 03:18 PM.

If this is in the drivers rule book I expect there is something in the promoters as well

KAOS,

What your stating is true. but you're assuming their contract supercedes our contract, which isn't the case.

Our contract superceded all other contracts (by date). If you are truly curious about the legal term for this situation, it is "tortious interference."

I want to repeat, we're not trying to be "smart asses" or "weaselly." Barry and I started this business in 2010. We've had our ups and downs, like any small business. We've learned from our successes, and even more so from our failures.

Barry said it well:

"However you choose to watch (PPV, On Demand, Social Media) with whatever provider I thank all of you for being involved and helping this sport thrive with digital media. We broadcast racing because we love it."

Chris Graner
    riivet.com
    RACEFEEDX.com
    www.xsan.tv

Follow Us @ Facebook

Could we have both of'em show the race tonight ?

Quote Originally Posted by xcelerated1 View Post
    KAOS,

What your stating is true. but you're assuming their contract supercedes our contract, which isn't the case.

Our contract superceded all other contracts (by date). If you are truly curious about the legal term for this situation, it is "tortious interference."

I want to repeat, we're not trying to be "smart asses" or "weaselly." Barry and I started this business in 2010. We've had our ups and downs, like any small business. We've learned from our successes, and even more so from our failures.

Barry said it well:

"However you choose to watch (PPV, On Demand, Social Media) with whatever provider I thank all of you for being involved and helping this sport thrive with digital media. We broadcast racing because we love it."

Chris Graner
    riivet.com
    RACEFEEDX.com
    You will be loosing a lot of race fans!!! Take that to the Bank and save it.

Just received a reply from Lucas Oil TV. They said it will be on.

plunks7,

In all honesty, what do you believe we did that was wrong?

Chris Graner
    RACEFEEDX.com
    riivet.com
    www.xsan.tv

Follow Us @ Facebook

What your stating is true. but you're assuming their contract supercedes our contract, which isn't the case. Wouldn't the contract of note being the one East Bay signed to bring LOLMDS there. Wouldn't this give Lucas the rights to broadcast and also you the rights to broadcast as well because of the earlier contract you signed. What ever the case good luck tonight

Lets start with the price: ridiculous. Then the deal with Gustin. That's the start of so many name changes. Bills track record has a lot to do with it. Camera's are not the best.

Well, the Lucas feed is live right now, so they're in.

KAOS,

Without getting into the details, this all comes down to the concept of "tortious interference."

Imagine that you were a little ice cream vendor at the state fair with a 10 year contract to be the exclusive ice cream seller.

Then one year the Turkey Leg vendor (which brings in a ton of cash for the fair), decides to start an ice cream business. If the Turkey Leg vendor "muscles" the state fair to sign their contract, which included selling ice cream, all while having full knowledge of the fair's exclusive contract with the "little ice cream vendor," that is "tortious interference."

Chris Graner
    RACEFEEDX.com
    riivet.com
    www.xsan.tv

Follow Us @ Facebook

The part that is wrong is DN stating and advertising themselves as the "Exclusive provider of live coverage at East Bay". This is false and utter BS like I stated earlier this week. The fact that those statements remain on your Facebook page means you don't care. I also told you guys then that Lucas Oil would be providing coverage and now here it is at 7pm Saturday and guess what? Yeah...

I'm watching on Lucas Oil TV. Very impressed.
    Dirt Nation is clueless. They've been posting pictures of cars with the wrong drivers captioned all week, the announcing is TERRIBLE, and then I've never heard anyone say a SINGLE good word about Barry Braun.

If you guys down load the periscope app on your phones, fans, teams,ect have been shooting the race live for free. Jimmy ownes crew guy was filming it live when he was on the track along with overtons and many others...It's no broadcast quality but at least you can watch the races for free from a fans point of view in the stands. I will never deal with dirt nation after last years est bay speedweeks price of $130 or what ever it was I paid. Dirt on dirt is the way to go for $85.00 I get 6 nights of race coverage from every lap at the track.!

Whine...bitch...cry. Is this what the "real race fan" looks like in 2016?
    T3G - Never Forget, Hardly Remember