Default Race pumps question help

I am setting up a sbc 355 with a race pumps setup , i see there out of busines.

Heres my question if i run there piston pump on gas do i need to run there regulator ?

if i do need a regulator is there another brand i could use since there no longer around ? what style should i use ?

I hadn't heard that Stewart Race Pumps were no longer in business. I think that the MagnaFuel regulators that you can buy at Summit Racing will work with that pump. I've ran the Race Pump with his regulator for 3 years and never had any issues. Although, this may be an exception to the rule.

I was going to order a regulator for my gas setup and the site says nolonger being made , parts only.

When I ran one, I ran the recommended racepump brand regulator (I believe it was a bypass regulator, and I ran alky) which I ran in front of the fuel log between the the pump and carb...as recommended. The one they sold with that pump had a barbed fitting for a vacuum line to the base of the carb (this was with a 750 demon), but the manufacturer recommended that I block it off when I spoke to them. If you are going to run another brand, I would imagine a diaphram bypass regulator would work, set at 7-9 lbs.

I tried running one with 2 different types of regulators that I had already on alky. Don't waste your time on anything but their regulator, as for the pumps are so eratic a normal regulator won't react fast enough and pressure will be all over the place.

Unfortunately I can't find one of their regulator's because there closed for business , I'm looking around to see if I can find someone with one they would part with , since I'm running gas I don't need the isle blead so I might have to try a normal one from another manufacturer.

pm , me if you want one have the complete set up, pump, reg, and some parts. ran them for years use a injection pump off the dry sump now.

A basic holley deadhead regulator works just fine.

Default Racepump now made by Willys

Quote Originally Posted by Bmod141 View Post
    A basic holley deadhead regulator works just fine.
    Willys has purchased the Racepump line from Howard Stewart and will be selling and servicing them

I read plenty of bad things about the Race Pump when looking for pumps. After talking to Howard Stewart, I bought the pump along with his regulator. Installed them on a 650 hp. 415 small block Chevy. After a little initial pressure adjustment, the pump and regulator together have worked perfectly for 3 years on alky. Just started my motor last nite for the first time this year, and it worked flawlessly. Maybe I'm just lucky but I would recommend this pump. And by the way, I've used KSE, Ron's, etc. and this pump has worked out, for me, as well as any pump I've used. jmo.