Default NASCAR Attempts To So Something That Makes Sense

NASCAR hasn't done much over the past decade or so that makes much sense or is intended to keep the gimmickry out of racing but they deserve kudos for doing away with the really, really stupid group qualifying format. One lap one at a time and that's it.

However, they just couldn't resist throwing in a bit of silly gimmickry into the equation, for what I don't know. The fastest 12 will have some sort of second round to finalize who'll start on the front row for the Daytona 500. It seems it's impossible for NASCAR to be gimmick free.

You are right CIRF back in the day Daytona had the front row set and then the twins and other than that Wilkesboro had a two day deal but it was always one car at a time and no one was locked in that top 35 locked in is stupid if you are locked in just draw for starting spots and be done with it really dosen't matter where you start these races are such marathons anyway

Yep just draw for position and be done with it

As long as a Chevy won the pole, it's ok by me!

Do they still run chevy's and ford's I thought they just had stickers on the front to tell the difference

Chase Elliott on the pole boy that is a shocker right.

Quote Originally Posted by drano View Post
    The car Elliott put on the pole this year for the Daytona 500 is the same car that Gordo put on the pole for both of the races at Talladega in 2015. No surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    NASCAR hasn't done much over the past decade or so that makes much sense or is intended to keep the gimmickry out of racing but they deserve kudos for doing away with the really, really stupid group qualifying format. One lap one at a time and that's it.

However, they just couldn't resist throwing in a bit of silly gimmickry into the equation, for what I don't know. The fastest 12 will have some sort of second round to finalize who'll start on the front row for the Daytona 500. It seems it's impossible for NASCAR to be gimmick free.
    It was that way last year...I told you, if your going to bitch about the program, at least watch it... (the fastest twelve) I think if I recall they did that on all the bigger tracks... only reason for no group q-fying is the draft, not fair for everyone...and that is what they're shooting for... so once again, there you are out in left field with your knickers in a bunch for no real reason...

Quote Originally Posted by drano View Post
    And what does NASCAR get out of that? Jr is the most popular...

You know nascar is mad at Kenseth for breaking up their Elliott Earnhardt front row.

Quote Originally Posted by mudslinger47 View Post
    It was that way last year...I told you, if your going to bitch about the program, at least watch it... (the fastest twelve) I think if I recall they did that on all the bigger tracks... only reason for no group q-fying is the draft, not fair for everyone...and that is what they're shooting for... so once again, there you are out in left field with your knickers in a bunch for no real reason...
    Knickers in a bunch? Can you be any less original? And there ya' go again, bitchin' about what you perceive as bitchin'.

Group qualifying is lame. And so is this fastest 12, or whatever the he!! it is.

Now that all that is out of the way you can go and do your best Dale Inman impersonation! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Knickers in a bunch? Can you be any less original? And there ya' go again, bitchin' about what you perceive as bitchin'.

Group qualifying is lame. And so is this fastest 12, or whatever the he!! it is.

Now that all that is out of the way you can go and do your best Dale Inman impersonation! LOL!
    Group qualifying is fine on the smaller tracks.... we even do it on the dirt from time to time... if the participants don't have their heads up their butts it works out well... problem on the larger tracks is people looking for that advantage of the draft...NASCAR to its credit, realized that and fixed it... group qualifying is great cause its over quick... that one lap deal worked quick too...

i rather go to Atlanta then either restrictor plate race which sucks.