Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Lol. I think ive said this before on here but I choose drivers to pull for based on how they drive and how they are with the fans. They fall into my 2 categories just as anyone else i meet in life, d!ck and not a d!ck. Never once has a chassis or motor fallen into either category for me

Quote Originally Posted by plunks7 View Post
    I'm in total agreement with this post. For one thing, If there wasn't a Driver in any of these chassis they would go know where!!!! It's just simply crazy how people go off on what chassis their running. I could give a RATS ASS. I've never had a conversation with a chassis. But if I ever do, put me in a padded room with a Helmet on with a straight jacket. And someone else can wipe my ass.
    I don't think anybody is trying to sit a chassis down and have a conversation with it. I think people tend to have some level of respect for the person/company who builds it. Even more so when those people help or are involved with their favorite driver. If you like the people/company who build something, and their product does good then those people are benefited by that.

If you don't have a chassis company you don't have to, that is your preference. But many do and that is our preference. It is no different than liking the Carolina Panthers or any other sports team. The team itself is an inanimate object, its a bunch of jerseys. The players are what make it something, but for some reason as players leave or are traded you are still a fan of the team. Even if those players are traded to a rival team you still want to see the rival team do bad. The chassis business in Dirt racing is a team in my eyes. Team Longhorn, Team Rocket, Team Capital, etc. You want to see your favorite player (driver) do well, but if he does not win then you want to see someone from the team win.

Thanks,
    Jeff.

I get what your sayin. Im just not gonna dislike a driver especially 1 thats struggling that decides to make a change

Kind of new to late models, my question is why does there seem to be so much hatred toward Lanigan?

Quote Originally Posted by MODDAD View Post
    Kind of new to late models, my question is why does there seem to be so much hatred toward Lanigan?
    at the next lucas event, go to the pits and meet him. you will then know why.
    jackie boggs....the last true outlaw
    anyone but lanigan
    Swartz - we don't build race cars fast, we build fast race cars

Quote Originally Posted by pink floyd View Post
    This is accurate.

Ive never met Lanigan but when you see him he does give off that type of vibe

Quote Originally Posted by jlacey View Post
    Ive never met Lanigan but when you see him he does give off that type of vibe
    mr. arrogance
    anyone but lanigan

Hey Jeff if you don't like Darrell? Why you so much a Rocket fan? Mark and him are pretty much alike.

Quote Originally Posted by mud duck View Post
    Hey Jeff if you don't like Darrell? Why you so much a Rocket fan? Mark and him are pretty much alike.
    Mark has a solid reason to be.........lanigan, not so much.

Imo
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

mr. arrogance
    Couldn't agree more!!! I stay as far away as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by jlacey View Post
    im not gonna root against a driver who isnt performing or getting any help from the builder and decides to switch.
    I agree with this. It's down right stupid to m to root against someone for what type of car they drive, and anybody that does, doesnt know the sport very well imo. I like drivers that have good character while out of the car, and seem approachable, which is most of the guys in the pit area.

Their is a race goin on right

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    I agree with this. It's down right stupid to m to root against someone for what type of car they drive, and anybody that does, doesnt know the sport very well imo. I like drivers that have good character while out of the car, and seem approachable, which is most of the guys in the pit area.
    You are one of the last people on this forum who should be accusing anyone else of being stupid.

It takes a lot of different people and a lot of different ways of thinking to make the world go around. You should be happy as hell and appreciate every person who likes dirt racing no matter how they choose to like it or decide what drivers they do or do not like. If everyone liked the same people it would be a boring sport to follow.

Thanks,
    Jeff.

Quote Originally Posted by W2Racing09 View Post
    You are one of the last people on this forum who should be accusing anyone else of being stupid.

It takes a lot of different people and a lot of different ways of thinking to make the world go around. You should be happy as hell and appreciate every person who likes dirt racing no matter how they choose to like it or decide what drivers they do or do not like. If everyone liked the same people it would be a boring sport to follow.

Thanks,
    Jeff.
    This makes me laugh.....literary. What I said was my opinion, I don't care if you like it or not, it wasnt aimed at you, but if the shoe fits wear it. I've been around dit tracks since I was crawling, does that make me the smarest person about racing? No. I don't need info from some newbie who picks their favorites by what kind of chassis they drive. When you have been around this as long I have, and MOST of the other people on this board it would be easier to understand.

What I don't appreciate is someone who is always biased.

You find me a Jack Boggs fan that rooted against him, just because he switched chassis and I'll take back what I said. I have a hunch you won't find that person

Oh and

THANKS, ZAC.
    Last edited by zyoung25; 02-18-2016 at 08:51 PM.

This makes me laugh.....literary. What I said was my opinion, I don't care if you like it or not, it wasnt aimed at you, but if the shoe fits wear it. I've been around dit tracks since I was crawling, does that make me the smarest person about racing? No. I don't need info from some newbie who picks their favorites by what kind of chassis they drive. When you have been around this as long I have, and MOST of the other people on this board it would be easier to understand.

What I don't appreciate is someone who is always biased.

You find me a Jack Boggs fan that rooted against him, just because he switched chassis and I'll take back what I said. I have a hunch you won't find that person

Oh and

THANKS, ZAC.
    It is your opinion that people who do something you don't agree with are stupid, and its my opinion to say that particular opinion is stupid. I don't think using a blanket statement to describe people who don't have the same reason's for liking or disliking a driver as you do is a very intelligent way of thinking. I respect the fact that you choose your drivers based on their personality. To me that isn't enough, every driver in the pit area (sans Bloomquist and Lanigan) seem like really nice guys. Do you like everyone? Do you cheer for every car on the track? I don't personally dislike anybody based on their decision to drive any different chassis. In reality I root against people who recently changed because I don't enjoy people saying "So and So switched from Rocket to Rayburn or whatever chassis and did this or that much better". Not that I need to explain my reasoning to you or anyone else.

Your whole post seems to have the tone of someone who does not recognize that most everyone on this board has been around racing for the vast majority of their life. I have home videos of me at the track when I was two, and I've hit 40-50 races every year since I had my license so I guess I know a little bit, but not as much as others I'm sure.

I didn't choose my favorite driver based on chassis, I chose my favorite driver based on his personality, my ability to relate (we are about the same age) and his driving style. I choose the remainder of the drivers I cheer for based on their association with my favorite driver.

This will be my last post on this thread, cuz I've seen it before, arguing with you is about like trying to kick water up hill. No matter many points are proven it always gets twisted around, and you gotta have the last word.

I root for Jason Feger, why? Well I have a personal connection with him. I don't care for Bloomquist or Boggs, why? To me it's simple, their fan bases. I have no clue what those two are like personally, theyre probably good guys. Other than those two, it doesn't matter to me who wins. If Joe Blow is behind them....I hope they pass them, I don't care who it is. I have a closet full of shirts, and that's the only 2 drivers you won't find hanging in there.

What I cant seem to figure out is why you USED to root for tmac, and now all the sudden, he changes cars and the feelings go the opposite direction. He's still the same tmac in and out of the car, no matter what people say. That's what doesn't make sense to me.
    Last edited by zyoung25; 02-19-2016 at 02:47 AM.

lol This reminds me when I went to Volunteer Speedway with a couple of uncles of mine in I think 1995 (I was about 14 years old) and Lanigan was parked outside the pits on the dirt road that leads to the pits, when we walked by Lanigan's car they had wrenches and stuff lined up on the deck of the car with no motor in the car and one of my uncles leaned over and noticed there were no motor in the car (he didn't know how fast an engine can be put into one of these cars and hot laps was about 30 minutes away) and joked and ask Lanigan and his crew were they going to race like the flintstones with their feet that night.lol Lanigan's crew nor Lanigan cracked a smile and never said a word, we just walked on. My uncle was amazed 30 minutes later when that same car came onto the track for hot laps.

This will be my last post on this thread, cuz I've seen it before, arguing with you is about like trying to kick water up hill. No matter many points are proven it always gets twisted around, and you gotta have the last word.

I root for Jason Feger, why? Well I have a personal connection with him. I don't care for Bloomquist or Boggs, why? To me it's simple, their fan bases. I have no clue what those two are like personally, theyre probably good guys. Other than those two, it doesn't matter to me who wins. If Joe Blow is behind them....I hope they pass them, I don't care who it is. I have a closet full of shirts, and that's the only 2 drivers you won't find hanging in there.

What I cant seem to figure out is why you USED to root for tmac, and now all the sudden, he changes cars and the feelings go the opposite direction. He's still the same tmac in and out of the car, no matter what people say. That's what doesn't make sense to me.
    I'm going to buy you a boggs shirt.
    anyone but lanigan

T-Mac was never a favorite driver of mine. I used to root for him when Richards wasn't in contention just because I would rather see a Rocket in victory lane than any other brand - because of the companies association with my favorite driver.

The only DRIVERS I'm a fan of are Richards, Satterlee, Sheppard, Russel Erwin and Moyer Jr. after that I cheer for other random drivers just based on the chassis they are running. I prefer to see a Rocket finish ahead of a Bloomquist, etc.

Its just my opinion but racing would be very boring for me to watch if I liked every driver and didn't care who won each race. That is part of what makes the racing exciting to me is having drivers that I don't want to see do well, and drivers I do want to see do well.