Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Hammerle= Rayburn

Charles LaPlant= Pierce

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeX3 View Post
    Here are the chassis stats through 2/15. The 17 drivers I don't have a chassis for are combined as "Other". Black Diamond includes Club 29s.

http://snakenet.com/Speedweeks%20Chassis%20Stats.jpg
    Awesome, Awesome info....

Amazed that Black Diamond, while having similar entries, starts, and Laps as Longhorn and Rocket, they have ZERO laps led.

Thumbs up Overton to Victory by Moyer

Did you include Brandon Overton in your stats from Screven?
    Victory by Moyer with Clements Power.
    Left 4M and Dirt Late Model racing, 04/12/2016 @12:06AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Was Rayburn undefeated during Speedweeks?
    so was MasterSbilt lol

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    Ofcourse there are more Rockets. I bet 80-85% of the chassis at your local tracks are rockets.
    Not quite. I would say Rocket has 30% of the market around here, and it stays that way consistently. Mastersbilt's are the hot item around here right now. BWRC's were up there a few years back but are not falling off. The top sellers depend a lot on who's doing good and in what, but rocket stays consistent with about 30% of the cars. Racing is a lot of monkey see; monkey do horse crap.Edit:I just went through and did the actual math for a popular local DLM track. Out of 32 cars here are the numbers.MastersBilt: 31%Rocket: 28%BWRC: 22%Pierce: 16%Victory Circle: 3%Out of the top 10 cars, here are the numbers. Mastersbilt: 40%Rocket: 30%Pierce: 20%BWRC: 10%
    Last edited by HatTrick; 02-17-2016 at 01:25 PM.

Austin Rettig= Victory

Quote Originally Posted by old fan View Post
    so was MasterSbilt lol
    Good, I play with both.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

Michael Norris =Rocket

Jason Feger is in a Black Diamond
    Tim Lance is in Jason's old green chassis Pierce

Is sanders still in a club29?

Quote Originally Posted by FlatTire View Post
    Is sanders still in a club29?
    No. It's an MB Customs car.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

I am still amazed on how serious DLM fans follow the chassis wars. Some fans root just as hard for....or against, the chassis manufacturers almost as much as the drivers. I don't think this is as evident in any form of dirt track racing as it is in Dirt Late Models. It certainly does not get as much discussion in sprint cars, bb modifieds or even owm's. As a fairly new fan I have never seen anything like it. I now find myself seeing what chassis finished where when looking at the race results.

Quote Originally Posted by BTExpress View Post
    I am still amazed on how serious DLM fans follow the chassis wars. Some fans root just as hard for....or against, the chassis manufacturers almost as much as the drivers. I don't think this is as evident in any form of dirt track racing as it is in Dirt Late Models. It certainly does not get as much discussion in sprint cars, bb modifieds or even owm's. As a fairly new fan I have never seen anything like it. I now find myself seeing what chassis finished where when looking at the race results.
    Yeah that is for sure. I always root for people driving Rockets (Satterlee, Sheppard, Richards, and Pettyjohn are all some of the regulars I root for). More importantly are the people I will root against. First and foremost, Darrel Lanigan... for obvious reasons. Next in line is Bloomquist (I have always not liked Bloomquist) but right after him comes the people who recently switched away from Rocket. I used to like T-Mac and now he is probably the person who I root against the most. Followed by Chub, and Briggs. I'm becoming less and less a fan of Davenport but its mostly because of his fans more than anything. He seems like a real nice guy and is a great driver. I guess being a fan of a particular chassis definitely helps determine what drivers you do or don't cheer for. Honestly I think it is one of the cool things about DLM racing. I could go to a random track on the other side of the country and I would have drivers to cheer for/against simply based on their chassis. It makes things a lot more interesting.

I dont care what they drive im a fan of drivers and teams. They could show up in a Bullit or a Swartz wedge for all i care.

Really no different than rooting for ford or Chevy or Coke or Pepsi...........IMO, the dirt racing circle of fans are pretty educated on their sport, I think that's why you get more of an opinionated chatter about chassis, power plant etc.........most fans know and keep up.

Dlm racing is a very interactive sport from team to fan........it's almost like a relationship the fans have with their favorite teams or drivers and it's all perpetuated by the openness the drivers and teams have to allowing the fans access.

It's a sport like no other.........I'm happy to have latched onto it as my favorite style of racing way back when.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Anyone BUT a Longhorn!.....hopefully after this year, their horns will be cut off and will change their name to Gelding Racecars!

Definitely, and im not gonna root against a driver who isnt performing or getting any help from the builder and decides to switch.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Really no different than rooting for ford or Chevy or Coke or Pepsi...........IMO, the dirt racing circle of fans are pretty educated on their sport, I think that's why you get more of an opinionated chatter about chassis, power plant etc.........most fans know and keep up.

Dlm racing is a very interactive sport from team to fan........it's almost like a relationship the fans have with their favorite teams or drivers and it's all perpetuated by the openness the drivers and teams have to allowing the fans access.

It's a sport like no other.........I'm happy to have latched onto it as my favorite style of racing way back when.
    Excellent post BBQ.

Quote Originally Posted by jlacey View Post
    I dont care what they drive im a fan of drivers and teams. They could show up in a Bullit or a Swartz wedge for all i care.
    I'm in total agreement with this post. For one thing, If there wasn't a Driver in any of these chassis they would go know where!!!! It's just simply crazy how people go off on what chassis their running. I could give a RATS ASS. I've never had a conversation with a chassis. But if I ever do, put me in a padded room with a Helmet on with a straight jacket. And someone else can wipe my ass.