Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default progressive spring on rf

Thoughts.............?

Very vague. Of course it could work. But the word progressive tells a person a lot less than the word linear. A curve for something that is progressive could be drawn any number of ways.

Coil bound springs are progressive near bind. Bump stops are progressive.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

ed,

are you wanting to put a pull bar spring on the RF?
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

I had thoughts of it, but after running one on my spring rate tester realized I would be at like 800lb at static ride ht with a 600/1200 progressive spring.

You can make a dual rate setup for stock front ends. There are plenty of short springs available to make any combination.

Quote Originally Posted by 25rjr View Post
    You can make a dual rate setup for stock front ends. There are plenty of short springs available to make any combination.
    Is that legal?
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Depends.......I just painted everything flat black to keep the boogeyman from looking! lol

Check out draco I know they have a progressive spring designed for the rf. Teo has them for sale on their website. Alot of northeast modified guys in my area are running them

Not consistent enough for most to run. Lots of shock tuning involved as well. Keep it simple. Dual stage or one linear single spring. Now if talking bumps then stack em up and slow the progressive rate down and make it controllable.
    When it seems all eyes are on you when you're wearing a new pair of jeans you wonder why everyone thinks you look so darn good in them. When taking them off you notice the sticker still on the pant leg.

I'd like some info on how to do a dual spring on the rf

Pretty simple really.
    2 3.5-4" springs with both ends flat.
    you have to machine a collar between the 2 springs to connect them square.
    in lower a arm depending on the type of lower seat used, you must make a piece to make the lower a arm mounting flat, instead of the spiral seat for the cut off spring end.
    Toughest thing is finding the short springs in stock somewhere.
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

There is a set up for the front end dual stage and not noticeable for sale. Someone I know is running it. You can change when you lock out one of the springs by turning an Allen head bolt. He's bad fast on the dry but tacky hit or miss with it.
    When it seems all eyes are on you when you're wearing a new pair of jeans you wonder why everyone thinks you look so darn good in them. When taking them off you notice the sticker still on the pant leg.

dual stage for a mod front end with conventional springs??

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Kennedy777 View Post
    dual stage for a mod front end with conventional springs??
    Pretty simple, Just like JAD posted. I ran 1, about 5 years ago on a Pierce.
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

That's a stacked spring though which is basically a progressive spring made from two different springs, dual stage requires a lock out either you're on just one or both. How would you lock out those conventional springs and secondly rules say one coil spring per corner for IMCA don't they. Not too familiar with wissota mod rules I hear they're very similar

There is a dual stage lock with lock out for sale. Just have to find the guy selling them. It's pretty trick though and not many know about it. I've seen WISSOTA cars and some ump running them.

How would it lock out the spring if there was no coil over or any type of slider to lock out one of the springs? The only way I could see it happening would be:a) to use two different springs, of different heights where one would bind before the other, and they would need to be load tested to make sure you were getting the desired results at the right travel, and your adjustment would be to change the height of the top or bottom springs using the same rates to tighten or loosen exit handling, while keeping the same dual stage and primary rates that you selected.or, b) a dummy shock or slider type kit that would sit inside of the perch and control arm, that had the same function as a threaded body shock lock out kit, but for a conventional front. This stuff I think you could get away with in Wissota, unless people start getting bent out of shape by it and they change the rules later on, I was just going over the rule book now, and their rules don't actually specify only having to run ONE steel spring like IMCA does. Cool.

Some sanctions allow spring helix yo can bolt in it does the same thing we use it on asphalt instead of coil binding

Like I said there is a dual stage kit out there. its pretty amazing what is out there. The cars running this were chevelle clips and even on a couple metric monte Carlos. You will k ow if they have a very light RF Spring chevelle clips usually under 300 and metrics 400. At least this is what the kit recommended. You all might not get what I'm saying as I'm only providing one rate but it's your choice in rate desired for the primary once all of the 250-400 is taken up to get into its second stage.

Where can it be bought