Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Kennedy777 View Post
How would it lock out the spring if there was no coil over or any type of slider to lock out one of the springs? The only way I could see it happening would be:a) to use two different springs, of different heights where one would bind before the other, and they would need to be load tested to make sure you were getting the desired results at the right travel, and your adjustment would be to change the height of the top or bottom springs using the same rates to tighten or loosen exit handling, while keeping the same dual stage and primary rates that you selected.or, b) a dummy shock or slider type kit that would sit inside of the perch and control arm, that had the same function as a threaded body shock lock out kit, but for a conventional front. This stuff I think you could get away with in Wissota, unless people start getting bent out of shape by it and they change the rules later on, I was just going over the rule book now, and their rules don't actually specify only having to run ONE steel spring like IMCA does. Cool.
That's what the wedge bolt is for.