Default Revolution series ?

Still waiting to see a schedule and a list of who has committedf if anyone ! What werre the final tire specs etc ..........?

Hi dirtman007,

We are still talking to several tracks about having events this year. We got a very late start in the year, after many tracks had already made comittments so it is very hard to make much progress. We are hoping to lay a foundation with a few races this year, looking to build on for 2017.

As far as drivers, we are not approaching it as what drivers can we sign on. Because several drivers have been helping us create the rules,we are looking at building car counts at each event rather than what racers will follow our series.

This is not an easy undertaking and promoters are reluctant to "new" ideas. Racers we have been talking to will support the series if we can get it going.

Still looking for a small series scheduling and building on it from there. All we can do is present the idea and hopefully it catches on. We still believe it will save racers alot of money and is a great way for promoters to increase car counts at our series events.

Thanks
    "In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
    --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Henry View Post
    Hi dirtman007,

We are still talking to several tracks about having events this year. We got a very late start in the year, after many tracks had already made comittments so it is very hard to make much progress. We are hoping to lay a foundation with a few races this year, looking to build on for 2017.

As far as drivers, we are not approaching it as what drivers can we sign on. Because several drivers have been helping us create the rules,we are looking at building car counts at each event rather than what racers will follow our series.

This is not an easy undertaking and promoters are reluctant to "new" ideas. Racers we have been talking to will support the series if we can get it going.

Still looking for a small series scheduling and building on it from there. All we can do is present the idea and hopefully it catches on. We still believe it will save racers alot of money and is a great way for promoters to increase car counts at our series events.

Thanks
    As someone who has had some success very recently with getting a touring series started a rolling. You definitely started too late in the season. I was talking to tracks and finalizing dates in October/November of 2014 for the 2015 season and even that was late. I had my first date finalized for 2016 back in August of 2015. Trying to make a big go of it this season will certainly be discouraging. I would suggest doing a three race series or something of that nature.

Next, and probably most importantly is the rules. If your rules will force drivers to buy new tires you will struggle with car counts. Its not promoters not being open to new ideas, it is promoters trying to protect their business. Drivers will say all day that they would love to see this or that tire mandated to save money, but until every track adopts the rules you are actually costing them more money. A hard tire for instance will not be something that they will use at most tracks, so they have to buy a full set of hard tires to run with you and they likely won't use them at other tracks (they may be legal at other tracks, but when softs and mediums are allowed they won't run a hard unless it is a daytime race on a dirtsphalt type of surface). When your race date rolls around and they decide they have to spend $700-$800 just to take the green flag or they can run with the established tours with the same old same old rules with the tires they already have the choice will be clear for most. A lot of promoters have been around and know this is what happens and that is why you will have a hard time. On top of that you are going against two tours that are very established with promoters that drivers know and trust (ULMS - Zuver, and uFO - Ferrell).

It is an uphill battle to start something up, especially for a division with other established tours. But it can be fun and reward if you stick with it and use a little common sense. The division didn't get to where it is overnight and you won't put it back where it needs to be overnight either.

Thanks,
    Jeff.

I appreciate that, Jeff. Thanks

My intention with starting the series wasn't to take over from another series. In fact, the entire reason I wanted to create the series was to save the racers money. And boost car counts by helping the weekend warrior compete against bigger teams with a hard tire rule.

I don't want to create "just another series". I would rather do something else. If the promoters and racers don't like it, then at least I tried. And, that's ok because I have no ego to feed or anything to prove. I just love the sport and trying to improve competition while reducing costs.
    Last edited by Jimmy Henry; 02-18-2016 at 10:16 AM.
    "In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
    --George Orwell