Default Hagerstown Speedway Schedule ?

I may be overlooking it but I don't see the Hagerstown-Winchester Shootout on the schedule. Press release announcing it in December 1, 2015 has it listed as July 8 & 9 and August 19 & 20. The Winchester race dates are on their schedule.

Is it still on ?

Thanks,
    tom
    tom... Please "Support Your Local Race Track" & "Take a Kid Racing" !!!

Does anyone know the answer?. Is Hagerstown going to participate? I thought the two tracks were coming to their senses and this was an attempt to work together.

The only thing they work together on is how to prep a horrible racing surface !!!!!!

Good post A men
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtMAN007 View Post
    The only thing they work together on is how to prep a horrible racing. surface !!!!!!

As you can tell by the lack of response by anyone affiliated with the once great Hagerstown speedway that they don't care anything about the fans that really want to support the facility no matter how (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)ty it is !!! Just another kick in the teeth to the fans !!!! How sad and pathetic !

Mid Atlantic racing is kind of a mess anymore. It's sad, because it used to be so solid. Like just a few years ago.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

I think it is because you apparently don't have that lead BIG DOG track in the area any longer, i.e. the way Williams Grove is with the sprint cars and then the others ( Lincoln, Port Royal, Susquehanna, etc ) follow suit. Hagerstown used to be that track. It appears to be every late model track for themselves now. Instead of working with each other with rules, schedules, etc. they are all going in their own direction. At least Port Royal and Selinsgrove are attempting some cooperation with this years Route 35 mini series. However they are both primarily sprint car tracks with DLM's as a support division....but it is a start. Wish Hagerstown & Winchester would see the light?

I've said it plenty of times on other sites, if Gunther and Davis (or anyone else running Hagerstown) could co-exist and work together. You could have a 3 day 3 track weekly series. Big point fund $10,000 to the champion of each track and a $50,000 bonus if you sweep all 3. At this point both tracks are only putting up half of the funds to get twice the cars. Rotate each weekend who races Friday/Saturday/Sunday so that way you're not stuck going to Potomac every Friday night but only every 3rd week. And throughout the season takes 3 weeks off from weekly competition and do a special race at each track 2 day for 7-10k to win but don't run the other 2 tracks so that you're actually drawing all the cars from the regional area instead of making drivers pick and choose. But this is all just in dreamland so good day everybody and we will continue to watch 15-20 cars weekly and be happy with it

Quote Originally Posted by Russell W View Post
    I've said it plenty of times on other sites, if Gunther and Davis (or anyone else running Hagerstown) could co-exist and work together. You could have a 3 day 3 track weekly series. Big point fund $10,000 to the champion of each track and a $50,000 bonus if you sweep all 3. At this point both tracks are only putting up half of the funds to get twice the cars. Rotate each weekend who races Friday/Saturday/Sunday so that way you're not stuck going to Potomac every Friday night but only every 3rd week. And throughout the season takes 3 weeks off from weekly competition and do a special race at each track 2 day for 7-10k to win but don't run the other 2 tracks so that you're actually drawing all the cars from the regional area instead of making drivers pick and choose. But this is all just in dreamland so good day everybody and we will continue to watch 15-20 cars weekly and be happy with it
    WOW! You get 15-20 super lates weekly? Move to southern West Virginia, where you get anwhere from 3-10. Then you can complain about your "low" car counts. On opening night at my home track last year, we watched 1, thats right 1 super late. LOL

The difference is we have the cars to have full fields plus a consi on a weekly basis. But the tracks don't work together. When Kenny and Mark Pettyjohn have to choose where they want to run or Jason Covert, you're hurting the fans and the tracks. Then you have guys like Stevie Long or Bo and Trevor Feathers who really just stick to their one track. If you raced 3 nights in a row for your regular 2000-2500 weekly pay. That gives drivers a chance to win 6000-7500 in a weekend with minimal travel between races. I think a lot of the homers would venture out and it might bring some PA guys down as well as maybe Austin Hubbard who mainly runs regionally anyway now

I don't think you would even need to alternate days -- Winchester Fri, Potomac Sat, and Hagerstown Sun would be perfect. In fact even if Gunter could just to a series between Potomac and Winchester but switch the days they race (Win Fri, Potomac Sat) I think you would see more support. Potomac is my favorite track in the area but I only go once or twice per season because of the traffic. On the other hand I could get to Winchester without any problems on a Friday night, maybe a little traffic around Frederick but otherwise would be fine. They could start warm ups at 7:45 with first heats at 8:15. Only four divisions per night (SLM, Alternate Bi Weekly LLM and CLM, Alternate Pure Stocks and Enduros, and alternate UCARS and 4CYL, weeks one support division is at Winchester the other support division that alternates with them would be at Potomac)

$2500.00 to win regular SLM race, with $3500.00 to win specials. Anyone who has attempted to make every race at both tracks all season receives an additional $100 in tow money for each event.

Adding Hagerstown to that could make it even bigger, but not likely. I think Ernie and the Hagerstown team would have more success doing their own partnership with a track like Bedford or Cumberland as they will be sharing more drivers with those tracks.

Thanks,
    Jeff.
    Last edited by W2Racing09; 02-24-2016 at 11:23 AM.

The difference is we have the cars to have full fields plus a consi on a weekly basis. But the tracks don't work together. When Kenny and Mark Pettyjohn have to choose where they want to run or Jason Covert, you're hurting the fans and the tracks. Then you have guys like Stevie Long or Bo and Trevor Feathers who really just stick to their one track. If you raced 3 nights in a row for your regular 2000-2500 weekly pay. That gives drivers a chance to win 6000-7500 in a weekend with minimal travel between races. I think a lot of the homers would venture out and it might bring some PA guys down as well as maybe Austin Hubbard who mainly runs regionally anyway now
    I understand. I wasn't trying to be hateful. I guess I just get aggravated with the state of racing here at home. We are so close to your area, and the Ohio Valley area where car counts are still somewhat stable, it gets frustrating. I wish you guys all the luck in the world though. Enjoy your weekly racing while you still can!

I see that the 31st Annual Race-A-Rama Valley Mall Car Show is February 23-26. I personally won't be able to go but I would appreciate someone asking about the schedule and letting us know.

Thanks
    tom... Please "Support Your Local Race Track" & "Take a Kid Racing" !!!

Default Hagerstown/Winchester Shoot-out

4mers, The items that have been posted in the press release still stand. The Hagerstown/Winchester shoot out is still on as noted within the press release on the web site. The schedule section on the web site has not been updated because our track promoter is working on other items. If the speedway makes a change, it will be in a press release on the web site.