Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Bloomers a pretty cool dude!

Just read the article on dod about him skydiving for the first time. When he's done, he tells the instructor he will tip him enough to get his family in the pits at Volusia.(that's $120, skydiving was only $300). They came and were blown away!

The sad part is they live in Deland, 20 miles away, and didn't know Volusia existed!

Attaboy to Bloomer, thumbs down to Volusia for poor promoting!

Quote Originally Posted by a25rjr View Post
    Just read the article on dod about him skydiving for the first time. When he's done, he tells the instructor he will tip him enough to get his family in the pits at Volusia.(that's $120, skydiving was only $300). They came and were blown away!

The sad part is they live in Deland, 20 miles away, and didn't know Volusia existed!

Its sad that bloomer has to buy his fans

Bloomquist has fans because he's been one of the best driver's for 20 years

Quote Originally Posted by sliding sideways View Post
    its sad that bloomer has to buy his fans
    thats better than having to buy what you pay for !lol!lol!

That was the night he won.

Bloomer is pretty cool........

It's amazing how many people live near dirt tracks and have no idea they exist, or think that all that runs at them are beat up monte carlos and u cars.

I have never ever taken a first timer to a dirt race, parked in the infield and let them see the slm hit the loud pedal where they weren't instantly amazed.......some of my non racing friends think I'm crazy to want to sit through that and get dirt in my hair and clothes.

If they only knew.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

This is so true. I used to stay in Chillicothe Ohio for work and not one person I asked knew where the race track was. In the time i spent there I probably asked 40 or so people and not one knew of it. People just dont know what they are missing

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Bloomer is pretty cool........

It's amazing how many people live near dirt tracks and have no idea they exist, or think that all that runs at them are beat up monte carlos and u cars.

I have never ever taken a first timer to a dirt race, parked in the infield and let them see the slm hit the loud pedal where they weren't instantly amazed.......some of my non racing friends think I'm crazy to want to sit through that and get dirt in my hair and clothes.

If they only knew.
    True bbq! I took a die-hard asphalt friend to east bay a few years ago. After it was over, he said it was the BEST racing he had ever seen. Only problem was he kept trying to jump out of the truck when we passed those strip clubs on Hwy 60! lol

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    .....says the pot calling the kettle black.....aka DEEP THROAT!

There's a local pavement deal that's been open for over 50 years... my buddy and i were invited up there by the promoter. Absolutely no signs anywhere so we asked around... got one mile from the joint before a guy mowing his lawn told us it's right down the road... no one else ever heard of it!
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

That shows just how much you know bout anything head to shoulders. I can remember back in the early 90s Bloomer would show up outa the blue at volunteer speedway and jus sit with us and drink a beer or two and shoot the $hit.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdobber45 View Post
    That shows just how much you know bout anything head to shoulders. I can remember back in the early 90s Bloomer would show up outa the blue at volunteer speedway and jus sit with us and drink a beer or two and shoot the $hit.
    That's a cool story........I could see him doing just that.

I love it how he is all washed up, and still keeps winning.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

I was at Dingus one night and Bloomer bought everybody in the place a drink. If you attend the 2 or 3 day shows their are a lot of Drivers that attend parties.

It's way better than buying a VOTE.

Judging buy his T-Shirt sales at Eldora, you're full of more sh!t than I thought.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

It's a cool article. And yeah, most places are that way. Track can be in a good location, and people just still have no idea it's there.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    Judging buy his T-Shirt sales at Eldora, you're full of more sh!t than I thought.
    I got more sh!t than a christmas turkey!!

I wanted to see how much responce I would get off that post and it turned out like I thought. Lol

That is a good story though. I dnt know that about him.
    Last edited by SLIDING SIDEWAYS; 02-26-2016 at 08:12 AM.

Never been a big Bloomer fan but that was one helluva a cool story!!!

I've never really been a huge fan but back in the mid 90's I was like 7 or 8 and got my picture taken with him and Ronnie Johnson, that was pretty cool. Still have that picture. Whether you love him or hate (seems a bit strong to hate someone you don't know but some do) him, I think anybody with half a brain not hiding behind a screen name would agree that the sport is better with him in it. Having someone to cheer against or cheer for when they lose a tire leading the feature or destroy a car in World 100 hot laps (though I never cheer for crashes or injuries but some do), its good for any sport to have a "villain".

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Bloomer is pretty cool........It's amazing how many people live near dirt tracks and have no idea they exist, or think that all that runs at them are beat up monte carlos and u cars.I have never ever taken a first timer to a dirt race, parked in the infield and let them see the slm hit the loud pedal where they weren't instantly amazed.......some of my non racing friends think I'm crazy to want to sit through that and get dirt in my hair and clothes.If they only knew.
    The dirt racing gods blessed him for his good deed. But you are right what you said.