For Immediate Release
February 23, 2016

Chris Brown and Gavin Landers Join Forces for 2016

Batesville, Arkansas (02/23/16) – With a new season of racing rapidly approaching Chris Brown and Gavin Landers are excited to announce that they will be teammates in the Dirt Late Model ranks in 2016.

“This is a great opportunity for both Gavin and myself,” said Brown. “I was at a point, where I needed to make some changes within my program, and Gavin was at a point, where he could use some input and help at the track. This solution puts us both in a position, where we can reach our goals.”

Brown, who finished in the runner-up spot in the 2015 Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series (LOLMS) Rookie of the Year battle, has improved by leaps and bounds in Dirt Late Model competition over the past few years as he traversed the national scene. This combined with his successful history as both a racer and mentor in the Modified ranks allows the Spring, Texas racer to provide knowledge that will aid Landers in his young career.

“Throughout my career I’ve always enjoyed helping other drivers with their setups and driving styles,” noted Brown. “I’ve watched Gavin race several times, and I think he has a ton of potential behind the wheel. I plan to do whatever I can to help him progress to the full extent of that potential.”

Gavin Landers recently completed his first-full year of Super Late Model competition. The 19-year-old from Batesville, Arkansas registered several strong performances throughout the year and also claimed the COMP Cams Super Dirt Series (CCSDS) Rookie of the Year title.

“I learned a lot this year, but I recognize that I have so much more to learn,” notes Landers. “I’m eager to do whatever I need to get faster and more consistent behind the wheel. I just need somebody there at the track, who can point me in the right direction until I get more experience. Chris (Brown) definitely brings this to the table.”

The team will base their operations at the Lance Landers Motorsports facility in Batesville, Arkansas. Both drivers will utilize Sweet-Bloomquist Race Cars with Penske Shocks. James Crockett will be the crew chief for both entries with Jarrod Grider also turning wrenches.

Landers and Brown tentatively hope to open their 2016 campaign at Ark-La-Tex Speedway (Vivian, Louisiana) on March 11-12 with the 6th Annual Pelican 100. The duo plans to enter an array of regional and national events throughout the season, including all of the televised races with the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series (LOLMDS). As more schedules are made available for 2016, the team will finalize their plans.

The team is currently seeking marketing partners. Any interested parties are encouraged to please contact Gavin Landers at 870-251-6866.

For the latest information on Chris Brown please visit www.ChrisBrownRacing.com .