Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Smile Volusia WOO 2016

Folks, if you ever get a chance to go to the Dirt Car Nationals (WOO) at Volusia, I highly recommend you go. I attend several late model races every year, Eldora, Portsmouth, EAMS, Batesville, Atomic, Smoky Mountain, Rome, Dixie, Tazewell, Florence. etc. The show at Volusia is second to none, they keep the show moving, they start on time, they have the track in shape, they get it done by a decent hour, no down time, extra porta potties, great competitive racing, just 2 classes, its just a fantastic place to go watch a race.

I agree! If I'm going to Florida for winter racing I'm going to Volusia.

East bay is the same! Done by 9:30 each night!

Quote Originally Posted by a25rjr View Post
    East bay is the same! Done by 9:30 each night!
    I go to both places and Volusia kicks East Bays azz in every way. Quality and quantity of racing, car counts, seating, concessions, and value of admission. That is unless one thinks the Strawberry Dash equals all the extra racing Volusia offers each night with more late model heats and the best UMP Mods and Big Block Mods in the country.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedblue55 View Post
    I go to both places and Volusia kicks East Bays azz in every way. Quality and quantity of racing, car counts, seating, concessions, and value of admission. That is unless one thinks the Strawberry Dash equals all the extra racing Volusia offers each night with more late model heats and the best UMP Mods and Big Block Mods in the country.
    I do too! The car count at Eastbay was terrible. I wont be surprised if Eastbay cuts back next year!

This was our second trip to Volusia ..... I only made the last 3 nites ....I split my time with the St Augustine beach ( about an hour drive ) to the speedway .... Friendly people - clean RR's and great racing .... I prefer the ump mods over the Big Blocks Like last year better because I see some regulars from up north there .... Hope to do it again next year ....

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hubbard View Post
    This was our second trip to Volusia ..... I only made the last 3 nites ....I split my time with the St Augustine beach ( about an hour drive ) to the speedway .... Friendly people - clean RR's and great racing .... I prefer the ump mods over the Big Blocks Like last year better because I see some regulars from up north there .... Hope to do it again next year ....
    How'd you like St. Augustine?

Default Great

Quote Originally Posted by B_K View Post
    How'd you like St. Augustine?
    We Stayed at the La Fiesta B n B .... My wife got the beach & I got to watch some good racing ....LOL .....http://www.lafiestainn.com/accommoda...breakfast.html

We go there every May, and stay a week on crescent beach. Love that area.

45 years and it keeps getting better. Dirtcar Nationals does a great job year in and year out. Great car counts for the Supers and ground pounding Big Blocks. Racing is great! Will be back next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hubbard View Post
    We Stayed at the La Fiesta B n B .... My wife got the beach & I got to watch some good racing ....LOL .....http://www.lafiestainn.com/accommoda...breakfast.html
    If you like seafood, you gotta try O'steens, Barnacle Bills, or Schooners. They virtually have the same menu as the last two were trained by osteens! Been eating there for 40 years, always great!

Default Eats

Quote Originally Posted by a25rjr View Post
    If you like seafood, you gotta try O'steens, Barnacle Bills, or Schooners. They virtually have the same menu as the last two were trained by osteens! Been eating there for 40 years, always great!
    Our last nite there we went to South beach grill On Cresent Beach .... Love that Jumbo schrimp ...

Quote Originally Posted by gorj View Post
    45 years and it keeps getting better. Dirtcar Nationals does a great job year in and year out. Great car counts for the Supers and ground pounding Big Blocks. Racing is great! Will be back next year.
    Glad you had a good time, missed ya at east bay. Keep in touch old buddy!!!

Enjoyed Speedweeks this year. We need to plan a road trip/race weekend this year. I'll keep in touch.

archives are on dirtondirt

Went last year and loved it. We stayed on the beach in Daytona. The weather was kinda chitty, just cold, but it was still better than what was going on at home at the time.

South Beach Grill is really good as is O'steens. If you go to O'steens though take cash unless it's changed recently that's all they take. Mojo's old city BBQ downtown is really good too.

How does a big track like volusia get better car counts then east bay? EB should go to 3 nights IMOp

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    How does a big track like volusia get better car counts then east bay? EB should go to 3 nights IMOp
    East Bay is short track tight racing and it is known to tear up racecars. I think both places produce good racing. I race at both these tracks during the season and Volusia is not near as good during the regular season as it is during speedweeks. It is still good but not as good. Us locals can't afford to race on it that heavy every weekend so it's generally pretty slick. John 1*
    "Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back."
    — Heraclitus

The Volusia week, or at least the back end of it, is definitely on my dirt bucket list. One of these years.