Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Stewart Haas to FORD???

Ole Tony must be on some serious pain meds.... Hard to see Harvick going along with this too...maybe Stewart is selling his part of the team?

Sure would be interesting to know what precipitated this engine brand change. And that's all that this will amount to is a changing of engine conceptions and technology provisions by Ford Motor Company.

Stewy is a lot of things, and some are bad things, but he's no fool in regards to where, and by whom, his bread is buttered and Chevrolet and Hendrick Motor Sports must not have been laying on enough butter to suit him.

Since Stewy & Haas are a satellite team of Hendrick, and Hendrick is the top banana Chevrolet team in NASCAR, it'd also be very interesting as to how this relationship will hold up throughout this lame duck season with Chevy for Stewy & Haas.

However, I'm sure Stewy & Haas have it all figured out. Ya' can't do what Gene Haas did in regards to the IRS and only serve 16 months in prison without being on your game and have a crack bank of shysters on retainer.

Where's Harvick gonna go? Its not like there are a lot of top teams to move to. Tony is a business man, maybe Ford wanted another team other then Penske to run well and finish well. I figure a lot of money was thrown their way to switch.
    Also maybe Tony and Roger Penske wanted to deal. Penske may have wanted another top team to move to Ford?

Maybe Danica will finally be done also. One can only hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by plunks7 View Post
    Maybe Danica will finally be done also. One can only hope so.
    Danica's days are numbered for sure. Maybe if Rico can run well in the trucks and Busch (or whatever they're called now) series he'll move into her ride. We can hope, can't we?

Danica and Ricky are buying Tony's part with Fords help hahaha I just find it crazy to take the team who is fastest week in and out and in all reality should've won the title last year as well, to partner up with someone who hasn't done diddly squat in years, Let alone Tony's long term loyalty to being a GM guy. There's got to be more to the story.

I do not want to get into a debate on this, but I think it is a smart move. I was surprised, but Ford wanted another top team badly and I am sure there will be plenty of everything coming their (SHR) way. Roger and Tony are also good friends, which doesn't hurt. Now a couple other things. Roush is in decline as we all know, and do not have the personnel, so Ford was not interested in financing more on their behalf. I also think this MIGHT be a good thing for Ganassi. They just might replace the departing SHR with Hendrick. It would be great for the hugely talented Kyle Larson to get more competitive.

Tony has now explained his decision. As far as I am concerned, no surprises why. Start with cutting the chord with HMS, and good old autonomy that Ford gives him.

So, I'm sure that means Bowyers cars will be sporting Andy Durham RYR's next year!

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Danica's days are numbered for sure. Maybe if Rico can run well in the trucks and Busch (or whatever they're called now) series he'll move into her ride. We can hope, can't we?
    I don't see Rico breaking into the main NASCAR series. Just don't see it happening.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    IN your dreams... as long as Danica is bringing dollars, and she is, her spot is secure... of course I have to assume by your comment that your a far better driver then she is so get your funding and Tony will hire you, as long as your putting up more money the she is...

IF Jack nd the boys were at least competitive, maybe I could see it, but they ain't... hard to figure out...

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    I don't see Rico breaking into the main NASCAR series. Just don't see it happening.
    Clayton have seen rico race , this kid is the real deal , much better driver than Gordon was at his age no slam on Jeff just stating the facts , plus does have a lil money behind but real you some wine with that cheese lol

Quote Originally Posted by mudslinger47 View Post
    IN your dreams... as long as Danica is bringing dollars, and she is, her spot is secure... of course I have to assume by your comment that your a far better driver then she is so get your funding and Tony will hire you, as long as your putting up more money the she is...
    Rico could race better backwards better than Danica can go forward besides he knows wear the track is lmao

Quote Originally Posted by old fan View Post
    Rico could race better backwards better than Danica can go forward besides he knows wear the track is lmao
    Silly boy, it ain't about the racing, its about the money.....where have you been.... I have met Rico a couple years ago.. seemed like a good kid... I didn't really know much about him at the time, but he won the midget race that night driving away... I didn't know till after the race that he was a driver... imagine my surprise when he got out of the car... and yes, I said it out loud...

It think it has to do with Haas's deal in the F1, there is no support in F1 from Chevy

Quote Originally Posted by old fan View Post
    Clayton have seen rico race , this kid is the real deal , much better driver than Gordon was at his age no slam on Jeff just stating the facts , plus does have a lil money behind but real you some wine with that cheese lol
    I won't car as far to say Rico is better then Gordon at this age. Gordon was pretty dam good. He went out in a sprint car at 13 years old at little Springfield and some of the other drivers were complaining that that kid had no business being on the track until he went out and put it on them and then they said who is that kid.

Quote Originally Posted by mudslinger47 View Post
    Assume anything you want, I will only say this, you're the first silly enough to assume that I'm a driver at all, let alone a better driver than Danica! The bloom is beginning to go off the rose in regards to Danica, and I'll stand by my statement that her days are numbered.

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    What makes you say that, Clayton? Rico is a novelty that is also a very good driver. He is someone that would be instantly recognizable and that usually equates to selling product and that's what the name of the game is these days. I've gotta' disagree on this one. If Rico can be even moderately successful in either of the 2 lower national divisions of NASCAR he'll get a shot at Cup.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    I won't car as far to say Rico is better then Gordon at this age. Gordon was pretty dam good. He went out in a sprint car at 13 years old at little Springfield and some of the other drivers were complaining that that kid had no business being on the track until he went out and put it on them and then they said who is that kid.
    I remember those days Kid. Gordo had every young girl 3 years on either side of puberty squealing in the grandstands every time his name was mentioned over the PA. It was downright annoying at the Fairgrounds when he was racing a USAC midget and Silver Crown car during the State Fair. No matter what, Gordo held his own at a very young age, for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    I saw Gordon race a lot in his sprint car days. I saw Stewart race a lot in his sprint car days. Obviously both were great. AS for Rico, he is terrific in a sprint car too. Does that translate into Nascar? We will get a chance to see, he has a truck ride that will give him an opportunity to show his potential. That is always a good thing when in doubt, the driver has a chance to show his stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    I saw Gordon race a lot in his sprint car days. I saw Stewart race a lot in his sprint car days. Obviously both were great. AS for Rico, he is terrific in a sprint car too. Does that translate into Nascar? We will get a chance to see, he has a truck ride that will give him an opportunity to show his potential. That is always a good thing when in doubt, the driver has a chance to show his stuff.
    Oh don't get wrong I'm a firm believer in Rico, I watch him race both his midget and his sprint car and he can flat out get it. I believe he will make it in NASCAR given enough time. You know how it is now a days they want results now.