Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Stewart-Haas/Ford alliance

Tony will switch to Ford next year Will looks like I will not be cheering for them no more I am Chevy from the word go....
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/moto...ant/ar-BBpWad8

Quote Originally Posted by Cardirt0 View Post
    Tony will switch to Ford next year Will looks like I will not be cheering for them no more I am Chevy from the word go....
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/moto...ant/ar-BBpWad8
    Doesn't sound like you were much of a fan to begin with then.

That prolly why tony was retiring this yr. Must have had a falling out w hendrick or ford paid BIGGER BUCKS!

Quote Originally Posted by jeffreymo View Post
    Doesn't sound like you were much of a fan to begin with then.
    Don't love or hate Tony .. Like the 4 car some and the 41 hes OK .. the 10 LOL DONT like Ford been a Chevy man all my life.....

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    That prolly why tony was retiring this yr. Must have had a falling out w hendrick or ford paid BIGGER BUCKS!
    From a Friend that buys stuff (motor) from Hendrick.... Lots of motors / parts for a LOT less money.....

According to the press release, Tony was 100% on board. From the way I read it, he is as involved as any other Team owner in NASCAR. Just because he is retiring doesn't mean he is walking away form his organization. He will be an owner in Nascar for the immediate future for sure. They are just making a decision to move to a different "Brand" of engine and build their own chassis. And he also seemed to be very excited about the change too. I don't see anything at all wrong with change if it can be justified. According to what Tony said, it can be.....

Quote Originally Posted by slmcrewchief99 View Post
    According to the press release, Tony was 100% on board. From the way I read it, he is as involved as any other Team owner in NASCAR. Just because he is retiring doesn't mean he is walking away form his organization. He will be an owner in Nascar for the immediate future for sure. They are just making a decision to move to a different "Brand" of engine and build their own chassis. And he also seemed to be very excited about the change too. I don't see anything at all wrong with change if it can be justified. According to what Tony said, it can be.....
    Not having to pay for 6,000,000 for Motors may be a good reason why......

they have said many times Tony is retiring because he doesn't understand these new cars

[QUOTE=Cardirt0;1989229]Don't love or hate Tony .. Like the 4 car some and the 41 hes OK .. the 10 LOL DONT like Ford been a Chevy man all my life.....[/QUOT
    Same here......I only tolerated the 4 and 41 cuz they drove Hendrick Chevies!

I heard Danica was pi*sed. She wanted to drive Toro's next year.

Quote Originally Posted by old fan View Post
    they have said many times Tony is retiring because he doesn't understand these new cars
    I Think you are right there.. He can not drive them .. I think with the less down force he may have done better this year...They just ant fun for him too drive so hes smart too find some one to drive for him who can....Just not so shire the one he got is the right one....

I think from an Owner/Driver stand point Tony is getting out why the getting is good as he is getting no younger... Now if you stand back and take a look at raw horsepower then making the switch is a logical choice as the Roush Yates Ford's have consistently been at the top of their game... And cardirt I to am a Chevy guy but money does talk...

This can't be true - I've been told repeatedly that Tony Stewart can win in anything.
    Last edited by jeffreymo; 02-25-2016 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bullring View Post
    She wants to drive a longhorn?

Well, heck yeah.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

That's what's been reported and the way he has been running the last 2 years one would have to believe it to be true.

Quote Originally Posted by bullring View Post
    Danica said the reason Tony getting out is because she's better then him right now. She actually said there was a few other guys thinking about quitting for the same reason

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    She wants to drive a longhorn?

Well, heck yeah.
    LMFAO...... She just wants seat time on that Longhorn. Then she will blow that Rocket up. Wouldn't that be SWEET.

Quote Originally Posted by plunks7 View Post
    lmfao...... She just wants seat time on that longhorn. Then she will blow that rocket up. Wouldn't that be sweet.
    horns up!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    horns up!!!
    I guess the real question is.....does Danica want Tonys Rocket or Davenports "Horn?

Shes probly already rode....I mean drove, Tony's Rocket!

Tony does have a rocket chassis. Neither she wants something SWEET.
    Last edited by plunks7; 02-24-2016 at 09:26 PM.