Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
    Have you heard anything about the future of Tony's WoO and dirt teams? Are they going Ford too? Does Ford have a competitive dirt motor?
    If they make that switch on the Sprint Car side, it won't be a big deal. The Donny Schatz #15 uses Shaver Speciality Engines out of CA. Back when Casey Luna owned a WoO team, (Vivarin #10 driven by Dave Blaney, Bobby Davis, Jr. and a few others) he built their Ford Engines and they won a lot of races and a Championship.

Have you heard anything about the future of Tony's WoO and dirt teams? Are they going Ford too? Does Ford have a competitive dirt motor?
    Does it really make a difference? Those Chevy and Ford engines don't know what's stamped on them. It's a aftermarket block, aftermarket pistons, rods, cam lifters. Everything is aftermarket. Nothing Was ever born in Detroit. Someone could put one together and call it a YUGO. LOL

Unhappy This has nothing to do with DLM's...

Quote Originally Posted by Cardirt0 View Post
    Tony will switch to Ford next year Will looks like I will not be cheering for them no more I am Chevy from the word go....
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/moto...ant/ar-BBpWad8
    It must have been some insane money to lure Tony because I remember how much he disliked JGR switching to toyota. I can see why Ford went looking, Rousch has wandered off into the bushes, running in the back with the start n' park dudes, behind Danica... The Petty group doesnt seem much better, only Penske has any speed in Ford and he builds his own chassis. I know it was a money deal when Penske left Dodge, but both he and Petty ran better before hooking up with Rousch. I wonder who will supply the chassis and engines? Will any of it be done in house at SHR? I won't have to worry as I wont be watching any cup once Tony retires. Heck, I only watched 4 laps of Daytona and got bored. Good luck to SHR I guess. Lastly, this isnt in anyway related to DLM, so how about moving it to the other section, please.
    Left 4M and Dirt Late Model racing, 04/12/2016 @12:06AM.

Money talks,but wow. Just wow....
    Formerly 66#1

Quote Originally Posted by SuperEight View Post
    It must have been some insane money to lure Tony because I remember how much he disliked JGR switching to toyota. I can see why Ford went looking, Rousch has wandered off into the bushes, running in the back with the start n' park dudes, behind Danica... The Petty group doesnt seem much better, only Penske has any speed in Ford and he builds his own chassis. I know it was a money deal when Penske left Dodge, but both he and Petty ran better before hooking up with Rousch. I wonder who will supply the chassis and engines? Will any of it be done in house at SHR? I won't have to worry as I wont be watching any cup once Tony retires. Heck, I only watched 4 laps of Daytona and got bored. Good luck to SHR I guess. Lastly, this isnt in anyway related to DLM, so how about moving it to the other section, please.
    This has everthing too do with DLMs .. owns a track that runs DLMs .. He drives DLMs...Tire of being PC and so here it is ... Thank you for your Opinion ......

Yes, Ford has a very competitive dirt engine. Bloomquist and Richards both use Andy Durham Ford engines, with parts from RYR.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardirt0 View Post
    This has everthing too do with DLMs .. owns a track that runs DLMs .. He drives DLMs...Tire of being PC and so here it is ... Thank you for your Opinion ......
    Everything to do with DLM's?? Surely you jest.....
    Please feel free to ask Smoke where his short track dirt roots and heart is.
    Even though he will drive a DLM and owns a track that races DLM's his passion is sprint cars.
    Pretty evident seeing that he owns the multi-championship winning WoO sprint car team and the All Star Circuit of Champions sprint car series.

Stewart's passion may well be sprint cars but no more than the midgets. He won his first national touring series race driving a midget in a USAC National Midget race back in 1991 at the old Indianapolis Spreedrome.

Also, in a January 2016 interview with Robin Miller at The Chili Bowl he said he dearly wants to win the Belleville Midget Nationals. Belleville being the last crown jewel presently missing from his final resume'.

If you check his stats midgets appear to be as much a part of Stewart's legacy as sprint cars.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Stewart's passion may well be sprint cars but no more than the midgets. He won his first national touring series race driving a midget in a USAC National Midget race back in 1991 at the old Indianapolis Spreedrome.

Also, in a January 2016 interview with Robin Miller at The Chili Bowl he said he dearly wants to win the Belleville Midget Nationals. Belleville being the last crown jewel presently missing from his final resume'.

If you check his stats midgets appear to be as much a part of Stewart's legacy as sprint cars.
    My bad......
    Should have said "open" wheel cars.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post

Here's some insight on what Stewart's plans are sans NASCAR......

By Dustin Long Mar 3, 2016, 8:41 PM EST

Tony Stewart told SiriusXM NASCAR Radio on Thursday night that he would like to race at Daytona International Speedway again after this season, but it won’t be in a Sprint Cup car.

Stewart has said this will be his final season competing in NASCAR’s premier series — but not his final season of racing.

“When Homestead is over, I’m in full car owner mode on the Cup side, and I actually just talked to Jimmy Carr, who’s my sprint car crew chief, today and said, ‘You better get stuff ready for next year. We’re going back sprint car racing again,’’ ’ Stewart told Claire B. Lang on “Dialed In.’’

Stewart, who missed this year’s Daytona 500 after suffering a burst fracture of his L1 vertebra in a Jan. 31 sand dunes accident, explained what he wants to do at Daytona after this season.

“I still want to go back to Daytona and try to win the 24 Hours,’’ Stewart told Lang.

Stewart was leading with about 17 minutes left in the 2004 race when a suspension piece broke, preventing him from winning. He was a teammate to Dale Earnhardt Jr. in that race.

Stewart also wants to return to New Hampshire Motor Speedway to race — a modified car that is. Stewart said he also would like to run a Camping World Truck at his Eldora Speedway.

“It’s almost a shame to not go back there and at least run that race one time to say I did it,’’ Stewart said on SiriusXM NASCAR Radio.

As for a return to the Indianapolis 500?

“That is not going to happen,’’ Stewart said.

will the midget be powered by Honda.

More likely Toyota.