Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chassis Wars

Default Chassis Wars

I think we would all agree that the top 4 selling DLM chassis, as we speak, are Rockert, Longhorn, Black Diamond/Club 29 and Capital surpassing Mastersbuilt, Barry Wright, Warrior and GRT, etc from years past. My question is just how many new chassis a year do the top four actually build on a yearly basis?. I heard at one time Rocket built over 100 new chassis a year or maybe more. I am sure Longhorn, BD and Capital have captured some of that business, but maybe I am just looking at the national scene and not aware of the local sales throughout the country. Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by BTExpress View Post
    I think we would all agree that the top 4 selling DLM chassis, as we speak, are Rockert, Longhorn, Black Diamond/Club 29 and Capital surpassing Mastersbuilt, Barry Wright, Warrior and GRT, etc from years past. My question is just how many new chassis a year do the top four actually build on a yearly basis?. I heard at one time Rocket built over 100 new chassis a year or maybe more. I am sure Longhorn, BD and Capital have captured some of that business, but maybe I am just looking at the national scene and not aware of the local sales throughout the country. Any thoughts?
    Rocket does far more than 100 cars every year, and most of those cars go to local/regional drivers and crate teams.

And I'm not sure on Longhorn's numbers, but I do know there's a backlog to get one and they're having a hard time keeping up, so I'd say they're building a crapload of cars these days.
    Last edited by Josh Bayko; 02-24-2016 at 05:44 PM.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Does anyone know a true number for cost of the new xr1

Pancho's in Pennsylvania has them on their website for $40,675. John 1*
    "Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back."
    — Heraclitus

Quote Originally Posted by jrkracing54 View Post
    Amazing how the cost of these things have risen!! Basically, for tubing and aluminum. I know the suspension parts and rear end are included in that price. But, still!! I don't know how most of these guys do it!!

And yet........Hundreds & hundreds of new chassis are sold each year, by not only the top 4 manufacturers, but all the others as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jrkracing54 View Post
    Is this Pancho Lawler by chance? If it is I think he will do very well on the WOO tour. Myself for a guy I know little about or heard of. I was impressed with him.

Not that you would want to buy one, but is Rocket still producing the Blue/Grey style cars or is an XR1 the only option? That is quite expensive for a Crate racer running for $500 to win most nights, maybe more palatable for an SLM driver who could possibly win that much in a few big races.

Thanks,
    Jeff.

Quote Originally Posted by W2Racing09 View Post
    Not that you would want to buy one, but is Rocket still producing the Blue/Grey style cars or is an XR1 the only option? That is quite expensive for a Crate racer running for $500 to win most nights, maybe more palatable for an SLM driver who could possibly win that much in a few big races.

Thanks,
    Jeff.
    I would almost guarantee they are. Why wouldn't you want one?
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    I would almost guarantee they are. Why wouldn't you want one?
    The XR1's are so obviously better that I can't imagine there are a ton of people wanting to buy a brand new car that is already becoming obsolete.

Thanks,
    Jeff.

The XR1's are so obviously better that I can't imagine there are a ton of people wanting to buy a brand new car that is already becoming obsolete.

Thanks,
    Jeff.
    There is a price difference. And if you are not Josh, the XR1 isn't crushing it. The car is much stiffer. It can be harder to get a hold on if you are not being told everything.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Thanks,
    Jeff.
    People are still buying new club 29s............I'm wondering why too?
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

It sounds like all of our blue gray deal is goin to go obsolete cause they are not gonna be testing with them anymore so I guess it'll be up to us

Most bigger chassis places have to build at minimum a car a day to stay in business. Some build far more than that. But if you look at the fact that Modifieds outnumber Late Models 6:1 in this country, I know what I'd be building.

There is a price difference. And if you are not Josh, the XR1 isn't crushing it. The car is much stiffer. It can be harder to get a hold on if you are not being told everything.
    10 days testing,we will find out soon if they are what they appear to be,or if it's just the testing for those tracks paying off..........either way, I bet they have sold a lot of chassis because of it.

While Rocket is pricing the XR1 in the $40k range they have built in "upgrades" in the price with better component parts and brakes etc. You can still "downgrade" to the good but not best components and reduce the price. A big part of the higher price is also the use of Docol R8 steel that comes from Europe. They still build blue/grey. Heck some guys still get new black front cars because that is what they prefer.
    Last edited by Jdawg; 02-25-2016 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by K1ngCat View Post
    10 days testing,we will find out soon if they are what they appear to be,or if it's just the testing for those tracks paying off..........either way, I bet they have sold a lot of chassis because of it.
    The 1 is what it appears to be. Guys like Casebolt ain't faster. I am sure it sold a lot of cars. Remember when Erb won that show at East Bay in a Rayburn? Rayburn took quite a few orders the next couple weeks.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

The 1 is what it appears to be. Guys like Casebolt ain't faster. I am sure it sold a lot of cars. Remember when Erb won that show at East Bay in a Rayburn? Rayburn took quite a few orders the next couple weeks.
    I thought Eddie Carrier Jr did pretty good,better than he was running at the end of last season,but he also was one of those guys that did testing.

Quote Originally Posted by HatTrick View Post
    Most bigger chassis places have to build at minimum a car a day to stay in business. Some build far more than that. But if you look at the fact that Modifieds outnumber Late Models 6:1 in this country, I know what I'd be building.
    Some build both.......
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

keep an eye on the Swartz cars this racing season.
    jackie boggs....the last true outlaw
    anyone but lanigan
    Swartz - we don't build race cars fast, we build fast race cars