Default Do Social Media Policies Help or Hurt?

Interesting thoughts from a pretty sharp chick:

http://www.dirtymouthcommunications....-help-or-hurt/

Discuss...

It seems as though she says a lot of the same things that some people on here can not handle................wait for it .................wait for it..................the truth !!!!!!!! I guess ben shelton or his sack buddy jeff (w2RACIN09) weren't there to argue their point !!!!lol!!!!lol!!!

I guess the Kenny thread got deleted, eh?

Thanks for posting the link to restart the topic, NormP, but I just can't read another article on the subject. I think this has turned into a manufactured controversy. It's the off-season once more. We have no racing to discuss/debate, so the media/bloggers picks a topic that will result in an endless debate to keep us and themselves busy so they don't lose people's attention.

This debate is like asking people if they like Hitler. Just to be a jerk, someone is always going to point out he got the trains to run on time. Someone hears that and yells out, "Have that man arrested!!!111" and the anti-fascists have started acting like fascists themselves. Good men become bad. Bad men become good. Dogs sleeping with cats. Weeks pass by until suddenly someone posts a thread asking who is going to the race tonight.

I know a non-story when I read one. I've avoided some of these threads because I'm just too bored not to say something if I read them. The only way we can wipe out this retarded non-topic is to band together and stop talking about it. DLM racing fans! Together we are strong! Let us join together and vow to ignore this stupid a$$ subject for all eternity! LOL

Nothing wrong with constructive criticism. It's good for the sport and the fans.

Biased and non factual accusations are what's wrong with social media. Too many temperamental hotheads with a chip on their shoulder. It's too easy for someone to jump on the internet and spread bold untruths without having to be held accountable.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Nothing wrong with constructive criticism. It's good for the sport and the fans.

Biased and non factual accusations are what's wrong with social media. Too many temperamental hotheads with a chip on their shoulder. It's too easy for someone to jump on the internet and spread bold untruths without having to be held accountable.

Spot on Highside Hustler, I agree 100%

Not your average looking dirt track girl either.

Truth is relative, thats the problem. Everyone wants to stand behind their opinions, and spout the truth but its not the truth, its your opinion, truth is not in the equation.

You think a track sucks, next guy loves it, where is the truth? Does your opinion matter more than another persons? now we're getting somewhere. The base problem, most people think their better than the next guy, and he knows whats best for that dumbass that likes that track...

The real problem is, people want to throw around their opinions, and use them as weapons, and it all goes back to the base problem, ego.

Just say no...

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    Not your average looking dirt track girl either.
    Excellent point haha. She appears to have all her teeth and weigh less than 374 pounds.

What I found interesting was the idea that some people get banned from a track's website or facebook page or whatever if they say anything that could possibly be considered negative, even if it's the truth. I didn't realize that happens. I knew promoters would get into pissing contests with someone who criticizes them, but not to the point of some type of ban.

It reminds me of a saying I heard once, and I 'll change the key word to "jerk" so it is more family-friendly: "If you meet someone in the morning and think 'wow that guy is a jerk', then he's probably a jerk. If you think that about everyone you meet that day, then you're probably the jerk."
    Last edited by NormP; 02-25-2016 at 03:41 PM.

The second I let anyone from a ranting Internet blog determine whether or not I visit a track will be the day I quit going to tracks all together..........
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Exactly right. We control when and where we go to see racing. Some idiots think that they can spout off all the time and they do more harm than good. Be a race fan not a facebook jockey.

Thumbs down Have no Problem going elsewhere, even if I have to pay a little more or go further

If a track, sanction or message board has policies prohibiting criticism they probably don't have a good business to begin with. They may for a time appear successful because they have captive audience, but competition will eventually crush them with minimal effort. So, the bad ones or the ones with restrictive policies have the same mindset as you see on these business, "help shows". They have this enterprise that is struggling, failing and they've exhausted every line of finance they have access to so they reach out to industry professionals for help. Sadly most egotistically think there is nothing wrong with the business model or how they run it, they just need more money... The pro comes in, offers suggestions, points out problems and offers help in the form of cash and assistance in return for a percentage of ownership and to be allowed to make the necessary changes. The smart one accepts and learns from the opportunity to work alongside the, "SUCCESSFUL" Pro. The hard headed egomaniac(read; tracks, sanctions, message boards) with negative social comment policies, refuses and just wants more money because they know what they are doing and that everyone else should just, "Shut up".

Quote Originally Posted by Kromulous View Post
    Truth is relative, thats the problem.
    Truth is NOT relative, it either is or isn't true, period. Now opinions can vary, some people will say something positive no matter what, just because they want to be polite or that its politically correct to. However if you go to a race and the track is dry, dusty and the feature has no lead changes these are facts or the truth. If you ask the winner if it was a good race, his opinion will be that of good as are his fans feelings. On the flip side, the people sitting off turn 4 wearing welding shields and goggles every week may have a different perspective on the conditions. Anyone with half a brain can look and see if the track conditions were poor. If you have to change clothes before getting in your car to go home and you were in the stands, it was probably too dry... If you look at the stats for the night and there were no position changes in EVERY class, the conditions probably suck. If the restrooms smell like urine and feces from 20 feet away, you may have an issue. To really get to the honest answer of how things are, ask yourself would you be proud to bring a first date to the track and send her into the restroom in white clothes? If you cant answer yes, then your track has issues that need attention. This isn't 1978, people can spend there money in lots of places, doing lots of different things. Racing is expensive to watch and compete in, why should they come more than once?
    Last edited by SuperEight; 02-28-2016 at 10:13 AM.
    Left 4M and Dirt Late Model racing, 04/12/2016 @12:06AM.

That poor dead horse is getting beat again!