Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

311 Speedway (NC)
    Rolling Thunder (VA)

Latest one around here to close is Sacramento Valley Speedway, better known as Orland Speedbowl. They closed last week to build soccer fields of all things.

Quote Originally Posted by 25 Jay 53 View Post
    KY Lake is closest to me that has actually shut down, it and Clayhill in Atwood. But, as far as dirt late model racing goes, in my area it's dead. 2 small shows this season within 100 miles of me, a Comp Cams race in Camden, TN and a Southern All Stars race at Tennessee National in Hohenwald, TN. Other than that, 130 miles to a World of Outlaws race in Duck River. Otherwise gotta drive almost 200 miles to see anything decent.
    In my area ky lake, paducah (real soon),pennyrile speedway, madisonville motor speedway, central park raceway, nebo (soon),barren co, bluegrass, trenton.

Quote Originally Posted by stevensracing_6 View Post
    But there is 2 new tracks that have opened in my area in the last 6 months so I'm Pretty happy about that
    Hey Stevensracing, I was wondering which two track you were referring to? Thanks. Also, do you know if Dixieland or Smokey Harris will be running this year? Appreciate it. I missed the final race at the Wewahitchka track by one week. That still bums me out..

Per their web site... Illiana Motor Speedway, in Schererville,Ind will not open for the 2016 racing season.. How sad is this !.. Now we only have 1 race track in the Chicagoland area... Grundy County Speedway... Cant count Kankakee Speedway as no weekly late model shows.....

how close is rockford

Depends On Traffic ! :-)

Langlade County Speedway in Antigo, WI (still runs like 1 special a year)

Looks like Thunderhill Raceway in Sturgeon Bay, WI won't be running this year unless something changes

Chilton Speedway in Chilton, WI has run some specials in recent years but last year's fall special was supposed to be the last race there

Manitowoc Speedway in Manitowoc, WI is supposed to run this year and then be done since the county sold the land to Meijer to build a grocery store

Quote Originally Posted by i like racing View Post
    Langlade County Speedway in Antigo, WI (still runs like 1 special a year)

Looks like Thunderhill Raceway in Sturgeon Bay, WI won't be running this year unless something changes

Chilton Speedway in Chilton, WI has run some specials in recent years but last year's fall special was supposed to be the last race there

Manitowoc Speedway in Manitowoc, WI is supposed to run this year and then be done since the county sold the land to Meijer to build a grocery store
    I hate to hear that. I used to work a lot in central and eastern Wisconsin and it seemed like heaven for racers and race fans.
    Shawano, Seymour, Plymouth, Oshkosh, 141, and the Beaver Dam tracks still run don't they ?

In my area these are the tracks that I have frequented that have closed over the last 15 or so years .....
    Woodland Speedway in cairo, Ms.
    Pine Ridge Speedway in Baldwyn, Mississippi
    North Alabama Speedway in Tuscumbia, Alabama
    Memphis Motorsports park in Memphis, Tn
    Garnertown Speedway in Lexington, Tn
    Milan Motorsports in Milan, Tn.
    Big Boy Speedway in Dyersburg, Tn.
    Clayhill Motorsports in Atwood, Tn.
    Malden Speedway in Malden, Missouri
    Kentucky lake in western Kentucky.
    Last edited by jr29; 03-21-2016 at 08:16 PM.

Paducah is still open.

Quote Originally Posted by XRACER1993 View Post
    Per their web site... Illiana Motor Speedway, in Schererville,Ind will not open for the 2016 racing season.. How sad is this !.. Now we only have 1 race track in the Chicagoland area... Grundy County Speedway... Cant count Kankakee Speedway as no weekly late model shows.....
    Sycamore Speedway!

Quote Originally Posted by nc mudcat View Post
    311 Speedway (NC)
    Rolling Thunder (VA)
    Someone told me that rolling thunder was opening up again but cant conferm it for sure.