Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by CGF View Post
    Tracks surface
    Bathrooms ....enough to handle the crowd
    General cleanliness,
    Concessions
    Number of divisions on the card when the come too town .
    If they cant even have a few working toilets and empty garbage cans..Dont give them a date .It looks bad on the series. How Cherokee keeps a date is beyond me . Its like they just dont care..Rednecks keep showing up so why do anything ,,Lucas''Forrest this looks bad on your product ;Lots of tracks including the one i love does not deserve a date !!! It brings the quality of your series down ,,,Its my home track but they had garbage from last year in cans ans nasty bathrooms like years past ...LAAAAAAAAZZZZZZYYYYYYY LEEEEEENNNNNYYYYYYY AND CHANNNNNNNNN SO CALLED MANAGER ,,,, NO EXCUSE
    That's sad to hear, I've always loved going to Cherokee going back to 1990, but I've seen what your talking about and don't understand not improving things. Makes you wonder what their house is like... Maybe a little social media pressure will help.
    Left 4M and Dirt Late Model racing, 04/12/2016 @12:06AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phatdaddy View Post
    In my opinion, all I need is a good racing surface and decent view. Couldn't care less about the bathrooms or consessions. If you want amenities, go to a Nascar race.
    Well you read the replies on this subject , we are talkin about why tracks are closing.
    its not about you . its about how to get more fans , to keep tracks open . sure you can go pi$$
    in the wind but the fans dont want to see ya. yea and i hate nascar, been dirt racing all my life ,
    maybe longer than you . when the tracks all close down from a fan base lose then where you
    gonna find that smooth . and good race your lookin for.

Quote Originally Posted by ALLDIRT View Post
    Well you read the replies on this subject , we are talkin about why tracks are closing.
    its not about you . its about how to get more fans , to keep tracks open . sure you can go pi$$
    in the wind but the fans dont want to see ya. yea and i hate nascar, been dirt racing all my life ,
    maybe longer than you . when the tracks all close down from a fan base lose then where you
    gonna find that smooth . and good race your lookin for.
    Your opinion is tracks are closing because of these things. That of course isn't truth and purely an opinion. My opinion is no matter how good a track may be at amenities, if the racing sucks, people simply will not go. I'm sure you can find many tracks where amenities are good and promoters are continuously putting money into the track, yet the fan base still isn't there nor are the cars. Winchester Speedway in VA is a perfect example. People will only be fooled so many times before they quit giving chances!

It's very difficult to clean bathrooms. Takes advanced college degrees, a crew of at least 15 per bathroom, and chemicals not available to just anyone. Why would you make such an outrageous demand as a clean bathroom!! Unbelievable!

Umm.. actually Mr. off topic (All Dirt), only 4 of the replies to this thread are about "tracks closing". And two of them are by you. The actual topic was about tracks getting Lucas Oil dates in regards to their amenities, to which I replied that amenities mean little to me. (it is an opinion forum).
    In my opinion, I would rather pay the money to go to a sanctioned race with a great track, rather than a Taj Mahal with locked-down racing. There are lots of tracks out there that remain open without having great amenities, always have been. And congratulations on being in dirt racing all your life. We are all happy for you.

They have a standard set in stone. It is who can cut the check to get them there...

I've been to facilities that have hosted MUCH bigger events than a late model race that couldn't meet those standards, so I'm not sure what you'd want them to do. The first time I went to Martinsville for a Cup race back in like 1996 or so you couldn't walk into the restroom without being an inch deep in pee water.

Well its not always the tracks fault either, they try to keep them clean and for some reasons fans choose to put stuff in the toilets or just not flush them at all. Id like to know if some of these people actually flush their toilets at home. Its just as much our responsibility to help keep them clean as it is the tracks.
    Chris Madden, 5 times Southern Nationals Champion!!!!

I was a member of a crew that wen to Eldora for the World 100. My bosses also owned a race track. We had just finished a $60,000 rest room project.

We asked Earl how he can get away with ONE mens room with one urinal and a toilet and ONE women's rest room with two stalls. Earl said "people come to see a race not take a sh*t.... all the while the cornfield north of turn four had signs saying "Mens" and "Women".... I guess if you have a good racing product you can get away with a lot.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

"Standed".

That is all.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by Phatdaddy View Post
    Umm.. actually Mr. off topic (All Dirt), only 4 of the replies to this thread are about "tracks closing". And two of them are by you. The actual topic was about tracks getting Lucas Oil dates in regards to their amenities, to which I replied that amenities mean little to me. (it is an opinion forum).
    In my opinion, I would rather pay the money to go to a sanctioned race with a great track, rather than a Taj Mahal with locked-down racing. There are lots of tracks out there that remain open without having great amenities, always have been. And congratulations on being in dirt racing all your life. We are all happy for you.
    There you go again , not trying to debate this with you . this is my opinion .
    Yea a little of subject but still about racing a the tracks that are family friendly. that redneck
    attitude, and pi$$ anywhere is what i said that tracks need to improve on . and you bark in
    stating all you need is good race , surface, and a place to pi$$. well thats not going to do
    it for most of the fans that have come and gone . or future fans . so when the tracks keep
    closing and they are , that smooth surface , race and place to pi$$ on will be closed.
    and i a glad you are happy for me racing all my life. thats my statement , that i see
    the writing on the wall because more and more tracks close . good luck on you racin choices.