Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Angry Lucas should set a standerd for tracks to get a date ,

Tracks surface
    Bathrooms ....enough to handle the crowd
    General cleanliness,
    Concessions
    Number of divisions on the card when the come too town .
    If they cant even have a few working toilets and empty garbage cans..Dont give them a date .It looks bad on the series. How Cherokee keeps a date is beyond me . Its like they just dont care..Rednecks keep showing up so why do anything ,,Lucas''Forrest this looks bad on your product ;Lots of tracks including the one i love does not deserve a date !!! It brings the quality of your series down ,,,Its my home track but they had garbage from last year in cans ans nasty bathrooms like years past
    Last edited by CGF; 03-02-2016 at 06:54 PM.

Theres no codes in sc. Ive been there a ton of times and thats how it is.

Cgf.. You hit it exactly right .. Ump is the worst they'll run wherever n whoever ponies up the bucks.

Any one remember at florence when the race was over the whole (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) parking lot was full of urine n (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word). Took em years to fix it. And probably only because they were made too.

How about being concession friendly enough where you don't have to miss 3 heat races while standing in a barely moving line? Or sufficient parking for the fans. There was at one in N.Y. state that people were parking in the weeds a mile away and had to be shuttled to the track in an old bus. And have a P.A. system that one can actually hear. How about opening more than 1 ticket stand so that the lines of fans don't extend way out along a busy road. etc.

Quote Originally Posted by CGF View Post
    Tracks surface
    Bathrooms ....enough to handle the crowd
    General cleanliness,
    Concessions
    Number of divisions on the card when the come too town .
    If they cant even have a few working toilets and empty garbage cans..Dont give them a date .It looks bad on the series. How Cherokee keeps a date is beyond me . Its like they just dont care..Rednecks keep showing up so why do anything ,,Lucas''Forrest this looks bad on your product ;Lots of tracks including the one i love does not deserve a date !!! It brings the quality of your series down ,,,Its my home track but they had garbage from last year in cans ans nasty bathrooms like years past ...LAAAAAAAAZZZZZZYYYYYYY LEEEEEENNNNNYYYYYYY AND CHANNNNNNNNN SO CALLED MANAGER ,,,, NO EXCUSE

The comment on all the tracks that have closed post, this is one of the biggest
    reasons that they have closed . I have taken many of friends and family over the years
    to the races , to most that never went back . It seems it is a red neck setting .
    I mean when you see most of these places there right out of 1800 hundreds. and the
    promoters all they care about is the cash they are taking home that night , no improvements
    what so ever , and more times than not are rude as he11 , dont seem to care if you come back.
    Dont get me wrong there are a few track that week after week improve so you want to come
    back. today there are a lot of other things they can spend their money on . So why wast it on
    a filthy dirty and like i said redneck place. I watch it and say to myself your kidding me .
    A racer will go anywhere , But the average family , no way .

Personally I go for the on-track value. If the racing is worth it, the rest is a bonus. I can put up with anything as long as the racing is good. If the racing sucks, then again, I could care less about the rest of the stuff because I simply won't go!

But that's just me.

I agree for sure , the racers will be there , but as we try and understand why tracks
    are closing , its that old redneck style and seems like there is no reason to improve the place.
    I dont get it why would you not improve your place to increase profit , more fans , means
    bigger purses , better racing . And all in all you have a more respected place and better business .
    As far as i can see racers alone are not going to keep the tracks open . this is why they fail.
    would you pull into a Texas roadhouse to eat a steak, if it looked like some of the race tracks
    that we go to . good racing will not do it alone .

Oh I got ripped for posting worst n best tracks. I posted as I saw them. I didn't rip any track that I'd of never been too. My thought is if it's a piece of crap, IMO people shold at least be aware, not saying they shouldn't go. They can for their own opinion. I'd just say told you so.

good racing and a halfway clean restroom is all I need.
    jackie boggs....the last true outlaw
    anyone but lanigan
    Swartz - we don't build race cars fast, we build fast race cars

I have been very fortunate on my home tracks. Lawrenceburg just has a state of the art facility and Florence has got alot better over the last 10 years. A bad facility wont stop me from going, but its nice when a track has a good faciltiy. But you got to remember alot of these tracks dont have a bunch of money behind them, but they do the best they can do to give you the best racing.

Joe W

Quote Originally Posted by ALLDIRT View Post
    The comment on all the tracks that have closed post, this is one of the biggest
    reasons that they have closed . I have taken many of friends and family over the years
    to the races , to most that never went back . It seems it is a red neck setting .
    I mean when you see most of these places there right out of 1800 hundreds. and the
    promoters all they care about is the cash they are taking home that night , no improvements
    what so ever , and more times than not are rude as he11 , dont seem to care if you come back.
    Dont get me wrong there are a few track that week after week improve so you want to come
    back. today there are a lot of other things they can spend their money on . So why wast it on
    a filthy dirty and like i said redneck place. I watch it and say to myself your kidding me .
    A racer will go anywhere , But the average family , no way .
    Hello Mr. Member on here that has "Support your local track" as his signature!!!! lololol

Not that my opinion matters...I say if the track surface is somewhat in good shape and the racing is worth the money at the pit gate, then I'll probably be back! I'll eat before I get to the track or pack a cooler / bag of food and cold beverages (if the track allows) and call it good. As long as the women have a decent place to go to the restroom (so I don't have to hear about that all the way home) then none of the other stuff should matter. I'd be thankful I have a place to go watch some good racing. Too many tracks closing up to worry about all the nonsense. Again, JMO!

Want to know how to "put it to em" those tracks that have crappy(pun intended) facilities? Don't go. They have to put up the purse for a big show. The back gate isn't enough to cover it, and if the fans don't show up, it will break them. Bad tracks don't deserve to be in business..................

In my opinion, all I need is a good racing surface and decent view. Couldn't care less about the bathrooms or consessions. If you want amenities, go to a Nascar race.

Quote Originally Posted by pink floyd View Post
    good racing and a halfway clean restroom is all I need.
    bingo to that

I guess you could say do you go to the track to poop or to watch a race.as I say that my kids will have to poop at the track and I will have a mess on my hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Phatdaddy View Post
    In my opinion, all I need is a good racing surface and decent view. Couldn't care less about the bathrooms or consessions. If you want amenities, go to a Nascar race.
    Do you wear Depends or use a bladder bag?

Quote Originally Posted by Umpdirt1 View Post
    Oh I got ripped for posting worst n best tracks. I posted as I saw them. I didn't rip any track that I'd of never been too. My thought is if it's a piece of crap, IMO people shold at least be aware, not saying they shouldn't go. They can for their own opinion. I'd just say told you so.
    I liked that post you started Umpdirt1. Its to bad that it was deleted. I thought it was very informative. Just goes to show that some can't handle the truth!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Phatdaddy View Post
    Right there with ya. I can't remember the last time I even went near a restroom at a dirt track. But then again, I don't drink a case of beer at the track either.
    I know of a couple tracks here in the Midwest that get slammed because of their restrooms and they still pack em in.
    Now I'm speaking for myself as I have no kids and the lil woman wouldn't go if they had 5 star powder rooms available.

I go to a dirt track for racing. Not the perks.
    8/13/16