Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by RW57 View Post
    Anybody give any thought Ogle might be hard to work with I have never met the man but this is the second time in the last couple of years he has left a pretty good ride I am referring to his previous departure from the ride that Donald McIntosh now has . I think it also was one that nobody saw coming as he was quite successful in that ride too.
    That could very well be. I agree, both times he has left a ride it has been a surprise. Does he have the funding to field his own equipment? Based on his past performance I think he is one that could at least be profitable at it, and there are plenty of regional specials out there paying $5k to win plus to keep someone going financially.

Thanks,
    Jeff.

There is zero way for anyone to be profitable without Sponsorship. Those days are gone...

Somebody should have some say in what stacy does because he sure isn't doing anything

Quote Originally Posted by mud duck View Post
    There's no feedback coming from the house car Jeff and that's why guys left. Just ask, Chub, Broom, TMac and probably even Lanigan before he started his own deal.
    So then why'd Stacy leave the only chassis that everyone should run?

And Rocket does offer support, or no one would run them. Chub and Boom are still not very good. TMac I think can do better, but I dunno. I wish he would, he just has flashes of the old Timmy and then back to the mediocre Tim. And leaving now, when they came out with the new car doesn't make much sense. He was going to be one of the first to get one. But hopefully this turns him around.

And all the people you mentioned, they competed with for points. So obviously you're not giving them everything. Just as the Rumley Longhorn isn't identical to a regular Longhorn. Same deal.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by W2Racing09 View Post
    What does Capital do? When you buy one they unload the cars right out of Clanton's Toter into your shop?

I doubt many of the House Cars are giving out all of their information -- but they (Rocket) have enough cars out there performing well so they must be doing something right.

It does not bother me so much that they are running Capitals, or Longhorns, etc. In fact I think it is stupid to switch from Longhorn to Capital. Longhorn cars are CLEARLY very fast all over the country, and what switching to Capital is going to turn Boles into Bloomquist? Stick with your ride and make it work for you. Its working for Roberts, Davenport, T-Mac, and all the other guys running them.

Thanks,
    Jeff.
    Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post

And Rocket does offer support, or no one would run them. Chub and Boom are still not very good. TMac I think can do better, but I dunno. I wish he would, he just has flashes of the old Timmy and then back to the mediocre Tim. And leaving now, when they came out with the new car doesn't make much sense. He was going to be one of the first to get one. But hopefully this turns him around.

And all the people you mentioned, they competed with for points. So obviously you're not giving them everything. Just as the Rumley Longhorn isn't identical to a regular Longhorn. Same deal.
    From my understanding getting into a Capital is like being a part of old "GRTeam" days of the 90s. I remember an interview from Mike Marlar from a few months ago eluding to that. If I remember correctly he said Marshall Green tried a setup on one of the cars down at Dixie with one of the weekly regulars. They then feed that up to Marler at the Pittsburgher. Now Marler didn't win but it gives you an idea what being in Capital is like.

A driver from my area is switching to Captial in 2016. This team was in Longhorns and Black Diamonds in 2015. The reason they are switching is the fact they really didn't get any help from those two once they got rolling in those chassis. This isn't the first time I've heard this regarding those two chassis.

I guess if you want help trying to get faster.... That'll cost extra.
    Last edited by huskerdirt; 03-02-2016 at 05:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by huskerdirt View Post
    From my understanding getting into a Capital is like being a part of old "GRTeam" days of the 90s. I remember an interview from Mike Marlar from a few months ago eluding to that. If I remember correctly he said Marshall Green tried a setup on one of the cars down at Dixie with one of the weekly regulars. They then feed that up to Marler at the Pittsburgher. Now Marler didn't win but it gives you an idea what being in Capital is like.

A driver from my area is switching to Captial in 2016. This team was in Longhorns and Black Diamonds in 2015. The reason they are switching is the fact they really didn't get any help from those two once they got rolling in those chassis. This isn't the first time I've heard this regarding those two chassis.

I guess if you want help trying to get faster.... That'll cost extra.
    Get your a$$ over on the other board and finish him off.

Quote Originally Posted by plunks7 View Post
    get your a$$ over on the other board and finish him off.
    bwhahhaahaa!!!

Roberts made the switch because of having a link to longhorn. A crew member also works at longhorn. As for why he switched all the other times, couldn't tell ya.

Chub improved quite a bit last year. But yeah, isn't tearing it up.

Builders with cars on tour are realizing as long as the house car wins, the phone rings. So, it is good business to keep yourself above the rest.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by SuperEight View Post
    I agree that Longhorn is competitive all over, but on the same token Clanton was nearly as impressive in his 2015 WoO campaign in the Capital, so tit for tat. I think a guy could be successful in either, but some drivers are just switch happy for one reason or another. You mentioned Casey Roberts being quick in his Longhorn, which he is, but before that he was in a Capital, before that a Victory Circle M1 by Moyer, before that a Barry Wright, before that a GRT and before that a Walter Newman. He won titles and races in every one of them, so why keep switching? When I was with Carrera Racing Shocks Donnie Moran was on a deal with us and he came and went so many times Mr Anderson finally told him no more, you have to pay retail. He was switching cars a lot at this time too, as was Davey Johnson to name another.

I think some racers have a good feel for the car and whats doing what underneath them and how to fix it if it isn't working(Clanton, Bloomquist, Moyer & Davenport). Others though I think don't know, its either working or they need something new, I think its a mental confidence thing and until the errant piece of the mental puzzle is replaced they can't run well, ie motor, chassis, shocks, some odd adjustment, ad naseum. Drivers can be difficult, curious and superstitious to say the least. Barry Wright told me a story about Buck Simmons one time, that sometimes Buck would be just sure the car needed something or they were in trouble, even though it was running flawless. So Barry would climb under the car with a couple of wrenches, bang around for a bit, tell Buck he found something and fixed it and send him out. Buck would proceed to decimate the field after doing nothing but settling his nerves. He also told me Ronnie Johnson insisted on 5" of roll out no matter where they were running or he'd falter. Buck also won a lot of races using the mental game on other drivers, he taught me a lot about perception and intimidation.
    Absolutely fantastic post........thanks for sharing.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

That's my point!! If you read my posts, I do not say anything about Rocket on the regional or local racers! Mark has the market cornered! and will never have to worry! I'm sure they pass on enough tid bits to keep the guys buying them happy. Plus, considering the area most of the fields are Rockets. But, on the top tours, there is a reason it's not like it used to be! Nobody was more loyal than Chub? and Tim knew with the new car he wasn't going to get anything from Mark. The only one that "might" get all the information is Sheppard and I doubt once the Lucas series shakes out he won't be any better than last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    It could be something as simple as Stacy thinking that the Capital cars will fit his driving style better than the Longhorns. I mean, it's not like Stacy himself was lighting the world on fire in his Longhorn.
    I have much respect for Stacy. I met him a few times when I was working for a touring series. But this made me literally lol. Good luck to him in the new chassis though. Nice guy to me always.

Quote Originally Posted by Itsinmyblood View Post
    I have much respect for Stacy. I met him a few times when I was working for a touring series. But this made me literally lol. Good luck to him in the new chassis though. Nice guy to me always.
    Capital is a quality piece , plus maybe his new driver can help him out with the Capital.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Chub improved quite a bit last year. But yeah, isn't tearing it up.

Builders with cars on tour are realizing as long as the house car wins, the phone rings. So, it is good business to keep yourself above the rest.
    Yep, Chub did improve. He is one of my favorites, and I hope he can get some wins again, because I've watched him since the suburban open trailer days.

Oh yeah, I'm just simply stating this isn't something only Rocket does. It is if you have a boner for Rocket, but otherwise, you'd know they all do it. Wether they are testing new stuff to see if it'll work consistently, or just have stuff they aren't giving up, it's nothing new.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by mud duck View Post
    That's my point!! If you read my posts, I do not say anything about Rocket on the regional or local racers! Mark has the market cornered! and will never have to worry! I'm sure they pass on enough tid bits to keep the guys buying them happy. Plus, considering the area most of the fields are Rockets. But, on the top tours, there is a reason it's not like it used to be! Nobody was more loyal than Chub? and Tim knew with the new car he wasn't going to get anything from Mark. The only one that "might" get all the information is Sheppard and I doubt once the Lucas series shakes out he won't be any better than last year.
    I dunno though, that may be true on Timmy. But if he's Lucas, and Josh is WoO, I'd be all about getting him to the top. Tim just hadn't been consistent, hopefully with no Grecco and different cars,he can be consistently good. I don't see Sheppard being in the top 5 either. I'd say 7th if I had to pick.

Quote Originally Posted by 70satomic View Post
    Somebody should have some say in what stacy does because he sure isn't doing anything
    Stacy pays for his racing so i guess he can do what he wants to do

If he wants to finish 10th or worse more power to him because a capital car isn't gonna turn him into bloomquist
    Last edited by 70satomic; 03-07-2016 at 04:09 PM.