Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default $40,000 to win Amods and $20,000 Bmod special

"Here it is Race Fans! The largest Modified Race in the country will take place at MTS in 2016!This years USRA Nationals will be expanded to bring back the A Mod Class and will not only feature a $20,000-To-Win B Mod race, it will also include a $40,000-To-Win A Mod race as well! Thats right...$40,000-To-Win A mods!This race will be open for pre-registration only, and for the first 120 B Mods and first 120 A Mods.The race will also include one $2,000-To-Win Non-Qualifier feature for each class."Go to http://www.mississippithunder.com for more details

had me all excited ready to hit this Mississippi event and then got all shot down finding this is in Wisconsinn bit Mississippi. Too far to tow from Daytona Beach, Florida for me. Darn

Quote Originally Posted by daytonagary View Post
    had me all excited ready to hit this Mississippi event and then got all shot down finding this is in Wisconsinn bit Mississippi. Too far to tow from Daytona Beach, Florida for me. Darn
    and the same week as the IMCA supernationals... I'll keep and eye on it.

Quote Originally Posted by daytonagary View Post
    Is $10,000 to win on no entry fee and 3 & 1/2 hours west of the Mississippi line good enough & close enough for you?

If so,

COMP Cams Doug Murphrey Memorial Modified race at Ark-La-Tex Speedway on June 3rd & 4th.

Quote Originally Posted by GavinHunyady187 View Post
    and the same week as the IMCA supernationals... I'll keep and eye on it.
    Mississippi Thunder is a great track. They've been running big B-Mod shows against Boone for several seasons now. It doesn't phase them at all to do so.

Looks like all they want is 120 entries in each. They'll make a great show with that. Boone can have their 250 crates mods and do their thing too.

sorry what is the point of having a high dollar b mod race I don't see the logic

I don't know but sometimes they work. We had a $10,000 to win Factory Stocks (Pure Stock, Hobby Stock, Cruiser, etc.) race at Boothill Speedway last summer. 120 entries and the biggest crowd in a decade.

the point is to put some money into the small budget guys pockets and put on a great show for the fans. Our local track runs a $10,000 to win hobby stock race every year and it is great to watch. Some of the late model and mod racers put a car together just for this event so the David VS Goliath factor adds to the excitement for the fans.

maybe I am just to old school we couldn't find 120 street stocks anymore but b mods we have had 60 or so for 700 to win

exactly stock car driver

Dam, forgot the cheese

Quote Originally Posted by old fan View Post
    sorry what is the point of having a high dollar b mod race I don't see the logic
    Why does it matter to you. You don't have a mod. The logic is if someone wants to put up the money for these guys I say kudos to them.

its a support class you want that kinda money run with big boys

its a support class you want that kinda money run with big boys
    Who are you to tell anyone they can't put up that kind of money for a class no matter what class that is. It's not the guys that race in that class that are putting up the money it's the promoter. the a-mods are a support class and they are running for 40,000 more power to them all no matter what class you are in.

its just wrong it gives the teams no incentive to move up but plenty of incentive to move down hence lower car counts on your headline class

Quote Originally Posted by stock car driver View Post
    A mods are the premier class at many many tracks. Late models are few and far between at imca sanctioned tracks and usra doesn't have late models at all.
    That might be true but not at all tracks. Besides it doesn't matter if a promoter wants to put up 20,000 for b- mods more power to them.

its just wrong it gives the teams no incentive to move up but plenty of incentive to move down hence lower car counts on your headline class
    How about the 40,000 to win the a-mods that's not a incentive. Sorry the cost to run a mod is why people are moving down to lower classes.

that's way to much also in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    That might be true but not at all tracks. Besides it doesn't matter if a promoter wants to put up 20,000 for b- mods more power to them.
    if A mods are not the top class egads what is the top class

if A mods are not the top class egads what is the top class
    How long have you been around racing? LATE MODELS.

Back to the topic. I commend the promoters for paying this kind of money. Kudos to you!!!