Default Scaling software or app

I'm looking for an app that will allow me to input total weight and desired percentages which will give me wheel weights. I've looked at some but all assume 50% cross or do not match when checked with a calculator. Anyone have something that works.

I can do this for you. I have the R&D program that will tell me. I just need to know what you want for weight and percentages.

sure.
    2550 total weight
    54% left
    53% rear
    62% cross

I calculated it in an spreadsheet, but not sure it can work in reality. From a math standpoint, can there be more than 1 answer? LF=498, RF=701.75, LR=880.25, RR=470. I'm interested in seeing what 3dracer comes back with.

I tried as many ways as i could think of but couldn't get to come out. Was hoping someone had an app that worked at least to mess around with. Sometimes can't wrap my mind around a concept until I look at it several ways. more a mental exercise than practical.

Just now remembered to look back at this thread. I apologize. I will try to get it done this evening.

Well. My program got the same numbers as above. But with that said, there are a lot of variables that go with that. Kudos to Verdoorn.

Why would you want 62% cross? Is this a dirt car??
    Gator Engineering

dave
    this is mainly a mental exercise to see where weight goes. how it affects or is affected by spring rates.
    Karting guys see up to 64% cross so it is workable.

That being said, I found this on 4cycle.com

How do I state this more clearly.

If cross weight is higher than left side weight:
    Add the difference between them to the front weight and divide by 2 to get RF weight

If cross weight is less than left side weight:
    Subtract the difference from the front weight and divide by 2 to get RF weight.

If cross and left side weight are equal:
    Just divide front weight by 2 to get RF (both fronts equal)

Subtract RF from front to get LF.
    Subtract RF from cross to get LR.
    Subtract RF LF and LR from total weight to get RR.

entire thread can be seen at

http://karting.4cycle.com/showthread...ng+application

Really seems pretty simple and works.

Now if one of the phone/computer gurus could take that info and make it into a phone app, along with scaling app similar to garage buddy, I would pay $10 for it. Just for the convenience.

I have an Excel spreadsheet that calculates all four corner weights based on values the user enters for their desired "Total Weight", "Left Side %, "Rear %" and "Cross %".

A 7th grader with the help of his algebra teacher figured out the equation I needed to make Excel work automatically. If you would like a copy, email your name and class of car it will be used on to jeff@verdoornracing.com. I think he'd be interested in knowing how many people would use it.