For Immediate Release
March 2, 2016

Chris Brown Returns to Modified Roots with Strong USMTS Finishes

Spring, Texas (03/02/16) – For the first time in almost a year, Chris Brown returned to the driver’s seat of a Modified as he took part in the 5th Annual Cajun Clash at Ark-La-Tex Speedway (Vivian, Louisiana).

Piloting Tommy Fain’s #21 LG21 Modified, Brown went into battle in a tripleheader against almost 80 of the nation’s best United States Modified Touring Series (USMTS) drivers. While Brown did qualify for Thursday night’s $2,000-to-win feature, the team battled adversity to a 21st-place finish.

Returning for the second night of action at the 1/3-mile oval, Chris captured a heat race victory, setting him up a 4th place starting spot for Friday’s feature. Competing for a $3,000 payday, Brown raced in the top five throughout the feature before recording a 4th-place finish behind race winner, Ryan Gustin, Jason Hughes, and Rodney Sanders with Kyle Strickler rounding out the top five.

Wrapping up the three-day stint with the USMTS contingent, Brown scored a heat race win from the 2nd place starting position on Saturday evening. Paying $4,000 to the winner of the finale, Chris Brown notched a 5th-place finish behind winner, Jake Gallardo, Stormy Scott, Johnny Scott, and Rodney Sanders in the 50-lap affair.

“With this being my first Modified event in almost a year against this caliber of competition, I couldn’t have asked for much better,” said Brown with a smile. “I can’t thank Tommy Fain enough for giving me the opportunity to drive his car. He really provided me with a great piece, and to be able to drive it with my family and friends here just meant a lot. The entire weekend was truly a blast.”

For complete standings and full results please visit www.USMTS.com .

Chris Brown now turns his attention back to the Super Late Model ranks. He and teammate, Gavin Landers, will travel to Ark-La-Tex Speedway (Vivian, Louisiana) on March 11-12 to compete in the 6th Annual Pelican 100. For more information on the $10,000-to-win event, please visit www.ArkLaTexSpeedway.com .

The team is currently seeking marketing partners. Any interested parties are encouraged to please contact Gavin Landers at 870-251-6866.

For the latest information on Chris Brown please visit www.ChrisBrownRacing.com .