For Immediate Release
March 7, 2016

Ashley Newman Flushes the Competition in Toilet Bowl Finale

Ripley, Tennessee (03/07/16) – Ashley Newman wired the UMP Pro Late Model field on Saturday night at Clarksville Speedway in his Upton Motorsports #73 Greg’s Sawmill/ Longhorn entry to claim the Tuckasee Toilet Bowl victory.

The Upton Motorsports team headed to Clarksville Speedway (Clarksville, Tennessee) on Friday night with Ashley Newman powering the #73 Crate Late Model and Jeff Wells Jr. wheeling the #1W Crate for the two-day, Tuckassee Toilet Bowl Classic. Timing in 10th quick in time trials, Newman earned a 14th place starting position for the feature after placing 5th in his heat, while Jeff was slated to start 10th after a 4th place heat finish. Advancing seven spots in the A-Main, Ashley notched a 7th place outing while Wells Jr. improved five spots recording a 5th place finish.

The following night after posting the 2nd quickest time in qualifying, Newman scored a heat race victory from the pole position. Jeff Wells Jr. landed a runner-up finish in his heat behind Charles Zimmerman. Gaining three spots in the main event, Wells Jr. captured a 3rd place finish. Starting on the front row of the feature, Ashley Newman cruised to his first victory of the 2016 season with Gavin Schmidt, Jeff Wells Sr., Ronnie Cooper, and Roben Hoffman rounding out the top five. The win was worth $1,000.

“I’ve won some memorable trophies over the year, but this one may take the cake,” Newman said as he referred to the traditional graphics-wrapped toilet that the winner receives. “All jokes aside I want to once again thank the Upton family for the opportunity to drive this hot rod, and I also want to thank my family, my crew, and my sponsors for their never-ending support.”

Complete results from the weekend can be found at www.ClarksvilleSpeedway.com .

Next on tap for Newman is a trip to Duck River Raceway Park (Wheel, Tennessee) for the opening round of the 2016 campaign for the United Crate Racing Alliance (UCRA). The $2,500-to-win, Crate Late Model event will take place on Saturday, March 12th. A year ago Ashley took the checkered flag in the inaugural event. For more information, please visit www.UCRARacing.com .

Upton Motorsports would like to thank all of their sponsors including Greg's Sawmill, 45 Race Shop, Best One Tire & Service, Gary Beard Trucking, Bob Pierce Race Cars, Rod End Supply, AR Bodies, Jeff Burns Racing Engines, Schoenfeld Headers, Real Racing Wheels, Ace Sign Company, PPM Racing Products, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For more information on Ashley Newman and Upton Motorsports, please visit www.AshleyNewman73.com and www.UptonMotorsports.com .