Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Quote Originally Posted by SuperEight View Post
    Post race interview after Bubba.
    I just re-watched the interview. I wouldn't call that concern.

He said the cars are tricky, they are good when you get them right but they are finicky. That pretty much describes DLM racing as a whole. If you don't get the car right its not going to be great. He just got done saying how they are always great in the feature, etc.

The last thing anyone should be at this point is concerned by the "Wagon they are hitched to" if that wagon is Rocket or Longhorn.

Thanks,
    Jeff.

Quote Originally Posted by W2Racing09 View Post
    I just re-watched the interview. I wouldn't call that concern.He said the cars are tricky, they are good when you get them right but they are finicky. That pretty much describes DLM racing as a whole. If you don't get the car right its not going to be great. He just got done saying how they are always great in the feature, etc. The last thing anyone should be at this point is concerned by the "Wagon they are hitched to" if that wagon is Rocket or Longhorn. Thanks,Jeff.
    Don't worry about SuperEight comments he is very much a Rocket hater because of something that happened 15 years ago. I am pretty sure the people at Rocket have sold many cars and like I just posted in previous post just because you bought a set of Tiger Woods golf clubs don't mean you can beat him at the Masters.

If all Longhorns came with the Rumley setup or if all XR1s came with the Kid Rocket setup, neither car would be worth a f*ck to the masses. The 6 and the 1 are tailored specifically for Davenport's and Richards' driving styles. They wouldn't work so well for anybody else. I don't get how seemingly nobody understands this.
    Last edited by Josh Bayko; 03-14-2016 at 11:22 AM.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

[QUOTE=Josh Bayko;1993049]If all Longhorns came with the Rumley setup or if all XR1s came with the Kid Rocket setup, neither car would be worth a f*ck to the masses. The 6 and the 1 are tailored specifically for Davenport's and Richards' driving styles. They wouldn't work so well for anybody else. I don't get how seemingly nobody understands this.[/QUOTE nail on the head!

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    If all Longhorns came with the Rumley setup or if all XR1s came with the Kid Rocket setup, neither car would be worth a f*ck to the masses. The 6 and the 1 are tailored specifically for Davenport's and Richards' driving styles. They wouldn't work so well for anybody else. I don't get how seemingly nobody understands this.
    100% agree.... A lot of people are delusional. The 6 and 1 might trade drivers but few others could be as successful in those cars as those two drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by onlyfacts View Post
    Did you buy a xr1? How do you know what options come on one and how do you know what options are on the Richards xr1? I think there is a big misconception about buying a car. When you buy a car you don't buy the team and the difference is Rumley probably is better at preparing and setting up his car than his customers he also has a 30 year old driver that is on top of his game.. Not a 50 something year old that has a crew with less than half the knowledge. Same with the Richards team. More to it than just buying a car like some one else. Just because you can by golf clubs like Tiger Woods don't mean your ready for the Masters. Even if someone was to buy the 6 car or the 1 car in victory lane after the race don't mean they could take it to a different surface track and make adjustments to it and win.
    Good post! Has anyone noticed EPJ doesn't do as well without an experienced crew chief? He/them cant seem to hit on the right set-up at crunch time. He won a lot of races with names like Stuckey, Fitzgerald, and Edwards turning the wrenches!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Did you buy a xr1? How do you know what options come on one and how do you know what options are on the Richards xr1? I think there is a big misconception about buying a car. When you buy a car you don't buy the team and the difference is Rumley probably is better at preparing and setting up his car than his customers he also has a 30 year old driver that is on top of his game.. Not a 50 something year old that has a crew with less than half the knowledge. Same with the Richards team. More to it than just buying a car like some one else. Just because you can by golf clubs like Tiger Woods don't mean your ready for the Masters. Even if someone was to buy the 6 car or the 1 car in victory lane after the race don't mean they could take it to a different surface track and make adjustments to it and win.
    Just for the record, no I haven't bought a race car chassis at all. But everyone saying these new cars are so much better, has yet to be proven to me. One guy has won races in them, according to the post I quoted, it was ensued that only the Rumley prepared longhorns win, which isnt the case at all. And so far.....only the rocket house car has done all the winning with this new design.

That was my point.....sorry you all couldn't see that. I know no one else is gonna get all the secrets.

25jr must no know of a guy named Franke Avverit. He was another one that was helping epj win all of those races back in the day. But yet he knows so much about their operation.
    Last edited by zyoung25; 03-14-2016 at 09:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    Just for the record, no I haven't bought a race car chassis at all. But everyone saying these new cars are so much better, has yet to be proven to me. One guy has won races in them, according to the post I quoted, it was ensued that only the Rumley prepared longhorns win, which isnt the case at all. And so far.....only the rocket house car has done all the winning with this new design.

That was my point.....sorry you all couldn't see that. I know no one else is gonna get all the secrets.

25jr must no know of a guy named Franke Avverit. He was another one that was helping epj win all of those races back in the day. But yet he knows so much about their operation.
    I see Frankie a lot at tracks around the Carolina's........he is still helping good racers win.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post

So tell us how many are "all"! I believe Frankie was a newbie back then, and their just weren't that many wins. Not dissin on Frankie whatsoever.

My main point was EPJ hasn't had a top of the line head wrench in many years......and it shows!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

I don't think it all falls in the lap of the recent crew chiefs he has had..............think it has a lot to do with Earl taking more time to be involved in his family and personal life outside of his own racing.

And as much as I would like to see him in victory lane every night, I'll be just as happy for him when he is standing beside his son after trey wins his first modified race.

Guy is just really good people.....and stuckey, Edwards, or fitz don't need to turn any wrenches to improve upon that.

a25rjr you are half right, since Fitz went home to do his own thing Earl hasn't looked the same. When he went back to Dunn-Benson I thought they would buck up and get a good crew again but it doesn't appear that they did or they are over paying the wrong crew. I have to add that the other half of the problem is the tire work. Earl had a great tire program back when he was winning so much and now with the sanctioning checking tires, that program isn't what it used to be if you know what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by RoundNrOUND View Post
    a25rjr you are half right, since Fitz went home to do his own thing Earl hasn't looked the same. When he went back to Dunn-Benson I thought they would buck up and get a good crew again but it doesn't appear that they did or they are over paying the wrong crew. I have to add that the other half of the problem is the tire work. Earl had a great tire program back when he was winning so much and now with the sanctioning checking tires, that program isn't what it used to be if you know what I mean.
    Gotcha....he's always had good tires...Hoosiers! lol

I think the Dunn Benson team has the cart in front of the horse! They have great owners, a great quarterback (EPJ), but NO head coach, to call the correct play!

I have a good friend, that is one of the smartest crew chiefs around, that has a infamous saying...."you can't buy experience, but you can hire it."
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

I seem to remember he had a great tire guy back then.........wonder what that old guy is doing now a days.

Can't remember his name, it's kinda foggy to me right now.

Look at any successful team and you can be assured that they have a ton of gathered experience amongst them and a very very good tire guy. You can't win without those two things, even with a special device or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    I seem to remember he had a great tire guy back then.........wonder what that old guy is doing now a days.Can't remember his name, it's kinda foggy to me right now.
    Pretty sure you are trying to bs us. You know him very well. IP address tells a lot. But that's ok I like the guy even if you are playing dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    I don't think it all falls in the lap of the recent crew chiefs he has had..............think it has a lot to do with Earl taking more time to be involved in his family and personal life outside of his own racing.

And as much as I would like to see him in victory lane every night, I'll be just as happy for him when he is standing beside his son after trey wins his first modified race.

Guy is just really good people.....and stuckey, Edwards, or fitz don't need to turn any wrenches to improve upon that.
    He better tighten up then......that new Lethal is going to take some serious cash to get race ready!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by a25rjr View Post
    He better tighten up then......that new Lethal is going to take some serious cash to get race ready!
    He will be aaaiiight.........

Pretty sure you are trying to bs us. You know him very well. IP address tells a lot. But that's ok I like the guy even if you are playing dumb.
    Who's " playing ".........and me, BS you?????

Nooooooo, never........you're the guy with all the facts.