Thumbs up Gateway Dirt Nationals: Entry Info POSTED. Early entry starts March 11. Pit Pass Info

Gateway Dirt Nationals
    St. Louis, Missouri

"Gateway Dirt Nationals"
    December 15th-17th 2016
    Entry Info: www.gatewaydirt.com/event-info/driverentry
    Pit Pass Info: www.gatewaydirt.com/event-info/pit-passes
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

Wow! By the time a driver registers, buys his pit pass, and puts his traler inside he is looking at around $400. That seems very steep to me with no other purse information announced as far as tow money or start money. I know a few guys who were considering going but with added hauler fuel, race fuel, crew pit passes, tires, and hotels I dont know anymore. Not trying to be negative, this just seems high to me and not right to charge guys to keep their hauler inside or jack up their entry fees. They are the ones providing the show. The only thing that will make it worthwhile is if the purses are outstanding

People better read everything before purchasing a pit pass because it does not allow for track view in the dome, you will have to watch the track monitors from the pit area. This is definitely out of my league lol. http://www.gatewaydirt.com/event-info/pit-passes/
    Last edited by smoothoperator32; 03-10-2016 at 05:26 PM.

Did I miss a pit spot fee somewhere? Sure didn't see one listed.
    If there is no fee, looks like $309 for a late model to pre enter ($175 entry/$134 pit pass) not $400.
    As far as costs involved....hauler fuel, race fuel, pit passes, tires, entry fees...aren't those expected costs of racing? Don't like entry fee's, but seems to be the norm a lot of the time nowadays.
    No track view from the pits sounds exactly like the Chili Bowl. That's just how it is. At least there is an area set aside for viewing (I'd think that crowd would come and go like at any pit bleacher). At least there is an option of buying an actual seat if you need one. Yeah, added cost but look at all the money spent on the sport anyways. 99% of teams spend far more than they bring in and you know what? They keep doing it every year.
    It's like anything else in life. If you can afford to do it great. If you can't afford it, do the right thing and don't go. There's no shame in that. Actually it shows you have done the right thing for you and/or your family.
    Will this event work? Who knows. Only time will tell. Hopefully with weeks to prepare the track and Gundakers involved the event will have a fighting chance. By the sounds of it here in central Illinois a ton of fans have already booked rooms and that's a good sign.
    Let's all get through outdoor racing first!

CMatich -

Here's the pit stall info:

http://www.gatewaydirt.com/event-info/pitstalls/

I was at the Indy Invitational event that these guys put on. Same thing there... for each car, they were given 3 pit passes. There was a section in turn 3 where you could sit. This was pit seating only. The only way you were allowed to better seating was if you also had a GA ticket.

Here is the payout. It was in the registration form.

FRIDAY A MAIN PURSE ($11,350 posted) – Prize money will be distributed as follows: 1st) $5,000; 2nd) $2,000; 3rd) $1,000; 4th) $800; 5th) $400; 6th) $300; 7th) $200; 8th) $175; 9th) $150; 10th) $125; 11th thru 22nd) $100
    SATURDAY A MAIN PURSE ($58,000 posted) – Prize money will be distributed as follows: 1st) $20,000; 2nd) $10,000; 3rd) $5,000; 4th) $2,500; 5th) $2,000; 6th) $1,500; 7th) $1,400; 8th) $1,300; 9th) $1,200; 10th) $1,100; 11th thru 22nd) $1,000

If you don't start in the first 2 rows, start and park.

Thanks BB. Was going off of HoosierDirtFan's post. That extra cost does make it $400ish.

where else in DEC are you going to race for that kind of $$$

This event will have a lot of overhead. The building of the track, rental of the massive facility, cleanup, etc. Higher ticket prices than an outdoor event should be expected. If people want to see racing in December, they will support it.

It would seem that with that much seating, they could include a guaranteed seat with a pit pass though.

Thumbs up

Here is the ticket seat info as far as seating is concerned - www.GatewayDirt.com/tickets
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

Quote Originally Posted by zach51 View Post
    If you don't start in the first 2 rows, start and park.
    Why do you say that have you ever been to Macon or Belle Claire if the track is done right which I sure I will be it will be a good night of racing