Default master cylinder for metric

i am asking what you guys use for a single master cylinder for a street stock
    i eliminated brake booster to a power brake master the pedel was a 2 foot pedal and didnt stop well on asphalt and i am going to dirt disc on front drum in rear I have heard just switch to a manual brake master cylinder and it would stop fine and dodge caravan has a .875 available
    I know stockcar told me to use a single teed from like a 60s f600 truck but i dont feel confident with one outlet and fronts and rears tied together thank you

I used to run a single reservoir off a mid 60's Impala on both asphalt and dirt, never really had issues.

I've used a couple different ones over the years. some non-power brake vehicles work good, the last one I used was from a last 60's corvette. You can also move the master cylinder rod up high on the pedal (closer to pivot point) to give you more mechanical advantage to increase stopping power. You can also get more aggressive brake pads and metric calipers with different size pistons in them. Eric

I use the same one boogity posted the pic of, 1962-66 GM cars & trucks. Part # 10-40000 at most places. Last I looked they were about $35 on eBay.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtman29 View Post
    I use the same one boogity posted the pic of, 1962-66 GM cars & trucks. Part # 10-40000 at most places. Last I looked they were about $35 on eBay.
    werent you ever afraid of losing brake if you had a leak at one end?

werent you ever afraid of losing brake if you had a leak at one end? and would those be black pads.

I never had a leak, run all new brake lines and that shouldnt ever be a problem.
    Im using that same master cyl in my camaro for 2016 and with all new lines i dont foresee any issues.
    Last edited by Dirtman29; 03-29-2016 at 06:51 AM.

I never had a leak, run all new brake lines and that shouldnt ever be a problem.
    Im using that same master cyl in my camaro for 2016 and with all new lines i dont foresee any issues.
    Any idea what size piston this master cylinder has?
    Josh K.