Default How much extra oil for a cooler?

Cooler is around 15"x4"x4", engine holds 8 qts with filter

If you know the inner diameter of the lines, the length of the lines, the inner diameter of the cooler tubes, and the type of adaptor your using I can calculate it for you. If you don't and I assume the average line size of AN 6 at 3 feet long it would be a little less than a quart.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizardracing View Post
    If you know the inner diameter of the lines, the length of the lines, the inner diameter of the cooler tubes, and the type of adaptor your using I can calculate it for you. If you don't and I assume the average line size of AN 6 at 3 feet long it would be a little less than a quart.
    I sure hope he isn't using AN6 for oil cooler lines. But just as a reference if it was AN12 like most would it be double?

Yea it's 12an fittings with braided line. They are approximately 3 feet long

i would say an extra 1.5 quarts, depending on the tank size of the oil cooler.
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

Quote Originally Posted by MM90 View Post
    I sure hope he isn't using AN6 for oil cooler lines. But just as a reference if it was AN12 like most would it be double?

Is -12 typical for just your standard deck mounted cooler?
    I was guessing 3/8 ID would be enough.

Most dry sump stuff is AN-12 or even some -16 lines sometimes. Since most oil coolers are from dry sump applications I am not surprised.

You can get deck mount oil coolers in -10 and -12. My engine builder liked -12, and that's what I ran on my wet sump engine with an external oil pump.

I filled it with mineral spirits with the hoses turned up, holds just over a quart.