Default Baldwin oil filters

The company I work for gets baldwin filters super cheap. Has anyone ran them on there race motors? I normally run wix but thinking about switching to baldwin if anyone has any experience running them

Look up the oil flow specs on the filter it will need to flow 10 gpm on a wet sump and at the very least 15 gpm on a dry sump.

Quote Originally Posted by SLM98 View Post
    Look up the oil flow specs on the filter it will need to flow 10 gpm on a wet sump and at the very least 15 gpm on a dry sump.
    I'm curious where you come up with the difference between a wet sump flow requirements and a dry sump requirment. Clearances the same it should flow the same amount no?

OP Baldwin is a great filter some of the best in the industry. The 3 i would trust Baldwin, donaldson, and wix.

Ok thanks, that's all we use on the trucks so I figured they were good. Just wondered about them on a race motor.

The wet sumps i have dynoed have flowed 8 gpm which are usually iron blocks. The dry sump engines i dynoed usually have oiler valve covers which adds about 4 gpm to the flow rates and are generally aluminum block which also add some.

I use to have baldwin filter specs but you can email them and they will send you all the information you could ever dream necessary on their filters.

They are a top notch filter and flow more and filter more than (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) near any other filter.
    BUCKLE UP NOW, YA HEAR?