Thread: Rocker Arm

Default Rocker Arm

What brand is the best stock looking 1.5 ratio rocker arm. I have heard that some are only 1.38 to 1.44 instead of 1.5. Who makes a jig to measure them.

The only rocker arms that I have ever measured to be a perfect ratio are Mid-Lift rockers. Back when I was using some of them in the late 90's and early 2000's their pin in the roller tip seemed to have a tendancy to want to work out. I quit using them due to that.

http://www.mid-lift.com/What-is-ML.htm

Stick with high end name brand stuff and they are typically pretty good. Comp Cams, Crane, Crower, Jessel, T&D, etc.

Do not use these rockers nothing but trouble. The ones i had galled the rocker balls.

Quote Originally Posted by SLM98 View Post
    Do not use these rockers nothing but trouble. The ones i had galled the rocker balls.
    I had the same results years ago and there roller rockers fell apart all that stuff is junk.

When I was running stock rockers.I put every rocker on no.1 cylinder and checked it with a degree wheel and dial indicator.It was not uncommon the find rockers with lower ratios.

I want to clarify that I'm not a fan of those rockers either due to durability issues. They are the only ones I've found to be perfect on the ratio however.

For stock type stamped rockers the Manley's seemed pretty good. At least they were back in the early 2000's. I haven't built an engine with stamped rockers for quite some time so I don't know if they are still good quality or not.
    Last edited by mod71m; 03-23-2016 at 10:49 AM.

Stamp steel rockers from Elgin seem to work pretty good they have a double nitrated rocker. They seem to be reliable for a stamp steel rocker.