Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: moonshiners

Default moonshiners

dirt track racing on moonshiners on discovery channel to night

Action with Josh racing at Cherokee. It would have been really funny if they put old Tickle in a race car!

you don't think oie BG has been tuning on josh,s car do you???? maybe he can get SCD to come down and help out some....LOL

I likes the narrator's description that would lead an unknowing person to believe Josh was driving a 850 hp car! He probably ought to stick to the water delivery truck anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by jog49 View Post
    I likes the narrator's description that would lead an unknowing person to believe Josh was driving a 850 hp car! He probably ought to stick to the water delivery truck anyway.
    I heard that too .......chuckled a bit.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    you don't think oie BG has been tuning on josh,s car do you???? maybe he can get SCD to come down and help out some....LOL
    SCD?

Is that serges car design??? An offshoot of huckytyson garage racing series??

use your imagination Bbq, By the way, that wasn't one of your ribs I seen ole billy nawing on was it ? made me hungry as he!!

moonshirners..... how much of that ''(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)e'' Is actually real.... hmm.. I guess as FAR as your eyes can see.......

Kinda like street outlaws, one would think the police would be smart enough to go, hey isn't that the pro-mod from that illegal street racing show on that trailer. Maybe we should follow it...

same deal with the moonshiners, I was under the impression the biggest illegal act they are in theory performing is tax evasion. Which if true would be well documented through the show, and one would not actually need to get caught with the actual moonshine.

That show is fake, no illegal moonshine is actually being produced, just a bunch of idiots playing make believe with water.

Street Outlaws is probably my favorite show (I know, get a life), but I laugh at how they make it out to be so "Illegal" but on race night they have top of the line auxiliary light towers and EMS on scene. Their so called "test hits" sure, but they don't even show much of that anymore. I'm not really in to Moonshiners but when I do see it, I can't get enough of Jim Tom and Tickle. Even the dog Cutie Pie. Some real "recognizable" characters on that show!

Quote Originally Posted by ptown View Post
    That show is fake, no illegal moonshine is actually being produced, just a bunch of idiots playing make believe with water.
    It is a proven fact that Tim Smiths moonshine is being produced and sold in all but 7 of the continental states now under the Climax label.

I am sure that you are correct about being fake, got to get them ratings but I can assure you that old corn liquor is made daily. hell, I know someone that makes it!!!

I was wondering though, why is moonshine so expensive? I'm a Miller Lite guy so I can't relate but isn't there alcohol available legally that is just as strong, but much cheaper?

Quote Originally Posted by TheJet-09 View Post
    Street Outlaws is probably my favorite show (I know, get a life), but I laugh at how they make it out to be so "Illegal" but on race night they have top of the line auxiliary light towers and EMS on scene. Their so called "test hits" sure, but they don't even show much of that anymore. I'm not really in to Moonshiners but when I do see it, I can't get enough of Jim Tom and Tickle. Even the dog Cutie Pie. Some real "recognizable" characters on that show!
    One of my favorites as well but they do say at the beginning of the show that the races were are conducted within a controlled environment with strict safety protocols in place. Some of those wrecks in the New Orleans season sure have been nasty.

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    It is a proven fact that Tim Smiths moonshine is being produced and sold in all but 7 of the continental states now under the Climax label.
    The key word you failed to absorb was ILLEGAL moonshine, yes Tim Smiths moonshine is legally produced, sold and taxed.

Quote Originally Posted by edavis71 View Post
    I am sure that you are correct about being fake, got to get them ratings but I can assure you that old corn liquor is made daily. hell, I know someone that makes it!!!
    I have some that was purchased from some southern friends I met at Eldora, that stuff will kick your a$$.

Any of us can make shine , it's not that hard .........any of us cannot make QUALITY shine.....it's an art.

And as somebody else has already stated......it's made every day by someone.

And has very little to do with proof as to it being good........you want it between 90 and 110( which is a little hot) , anything over that and it's barely fit to drink straight.

There are easy setups using a pressure cooker on a stovetop..........it's dangerous , don't do it unless you know what your doing.

I hear u guys talking about it.What episode is that on? I'd like to check it out.. Thanx

The key word you failed to absorb was ILLEGAL moonshine, yes Tim Smiths moonshine is legally produced, sold and taxed.
    In response to the post that stated that it is all water that they are dealing with?