Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Suspension rules get locked down ....

See http://www.compdirt.com/results/2016/news031516.html

I guess pretty much everybody will be adopting these rules.

Quote Originally Posted by RacerX10 View Post

They are all going to look similiar to this. I would like to see brake floater allowed. We just need the Rocket house car to show up with one at a Lucas event.

Then it can be determined to be legal like the bearing mount for the limiter chain that isn't legal by the letter of the rules.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

They combined some of the lucus stuff and USMTS Stuff as well as others, Read both and tell me who actually has someone that knows something about the race cars and can actually write them better?

I can tell you it ain't Lucas, lol USMTS actually did a pretty good job of wording their rules and knew exactly what they were trying to say and confine and did a good job of doing that in their rules.

By Lucas rules: Bearing chain limiters, swivel shock mounts and numerous other things are illegal by Lucas rules, thus you have the Cluster F##K that happened with Josh/Lucas Tech at Florida.

That all being said: There is more new rules coming, mark my words.

They need to just go ahead and write in what Pistons we can use in the shocks like NASCAR does with LMSC. All the things they are having to do now to get the cars to act like they were acting they are doing with Pistons. They did do a good job with the wording I just looked at the FUEL series we run under this year and don't see where I can't run a spring rod, don't remember if I can run split cages

Quote Originally Posted by billetbirdcage View Post
    They combined some of the lucus stuff and USMTS Stuff as well as others, Read both and tell me who actually has someone that knows something about the race cars and can actually write them better?

I can tell you it ain't Lucas, lol USMTS actually did a pretty good job of wording their rules and knew exactly what they were trying to say and confine and did a good job of doing that in their rules.

By Lucas rules: Bearing chain limiters, swivel shock mounts and numerous other things are illegal by Lucas rules, thus you have the Cluster F##K that happened with Josh/Lucas Tech at Florida.

That all being said: There is more new rules coming, mark my words.

Tracks have a prayer of teching when they can measure wheelbase and roll the car over a set of scales. We are quickly reaching the point where there isn't adequate time or expertise to tech these rules.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

What are they trying to do with these new rules ?

The average tech man does good to check tires, spoiler, and a few pieces on the body. No way they can enforce all of this. If you arent going to actively search for this stuff then its really not a rule! Its just words out of the rule book.

What are they trying to do with these new rules ?
    Depends on who you ask! It is supposed to save you money. But, I have to throw away stuff I have owned for 20 years. As 7up eluded to, it will just get people working on things you can't see where you will have to be a wizard in fluid mechanics or know the right people and have a huge wallet. They got rid of some things that honestly made the cars easier to drive. Easier to drive cars should actually level the playing field a bit.

It is an attempt to keep the ghost of Rumley future from winning all the races.
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 03-16-2016 at 04:47 PM.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by FlatTire View Post
    The average tech man does good to check tires, spoiler, and a few pieces on the body. No way they can enforce all of this. If you arent going to actively search for this stuff then its really not a rule! Its just words out of the rule book.
    It's generally not the tech guy you worry about finding anything, it's the other racers that see something and complain to the tech guy to do something about it. FACT!

FREE KEVIN

The minute a track throws me out for a bearing chain limiter or a brake floater, I'm going to throw a fit. That will include everything up to pointing out illegal bodies on EVERY late model at the track. When was the last time you saw a late model body that tapered evenly on both sides from 76" at the back of the doors to 72" at the spoiler? They have failed to tech that to the point that EVERYBODY builds their cars with a flat right side and sometimes even flaring OUT. I could spend all day listing the things I see not legal on bodies and my car has most of those features also. I've considered running an 8-1/2" spoiler just to see how long I could get away with it. Nobody is checking it and even most competitors wouldn't notice the extra 1/2".
    They CAN'T enforce the rules they already have so they come up with new rules. Sanctioning bodies are about like government in that way. I digress...

I love the body rules that state you must run an American mfg's body or a Toyota Camry... maybe if street cars looked like refrigerators...

And that no left spring in front of the axle is gonna kill my chance to run my ancient MB on the circuit... d*mn it!
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Matt49 View Post
    The minute a track throws me out for a bearing chain limiter or a brake floater, I'm going to throw a fit. That will include everything up to pointing out illegal bodies on EVERY late model at the track. When was the last time you saw a late model body that tapered evenly on both sides from 76" at the back of the doors to 72" at the spoiler? They have failed to tech that to the point that EVERYBODY builds their cars with a flat right side and sometimes even flaring OUT. I could spend all day listing the things I see not legal on bodies and my car has most of those features also. I've considered running an 8-1/2" spoiler just to see how long I could get away with it. Nobody is checking it and even most competitors wouldn't notice the extra 1/2".
    They CAN'T enforce the rules they already have so they come up with new rules. Sanctioning bodies are about like government in that way. I digress...
    An 8 3/8" spoiler took them about 3/4 of a season to finally catch after they measured it around 7 or 8 times, IIRC.

I noticed the tech guy hooked the tape measure on the spoiler material and measured up the spoiler, but did lay the flexible tape on the lip to measure total length (he did that part right). Since this is how he measured, I moved the spoiler up .375" up on the hinge and basically made the spoiler .375" longer but he wasn't measuring from the deck, just the material of the spoiler. A fill in tech guy finally caught it and made me fix it, lol.

😂😂 I like your style billet!

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher88 View Post
     I like your style billet!
    What's funny is I'm not sure I ever seen or remember anyone measuring width? The extra height I had was only 4.5% more area, hardly enough to get disqualified for but fun to mess with them anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by stock car driver View Post
    Usmts good at rules. I just spit up all over my computer. You should go read their rules.

oem roof, window opening etc. Last time I looked. By the written rules they should be running pinto vega roof etc.
    I have never read their entire rule book, I only read the new "RED" additions to the suspension part they added a week or so ago. That is what I commented about.

The only people that are gonna ever truly get teched on all this garbage are the Rumleys and the Rocket house car. Everybody else can pretty much get away with just about anything they want. I feel bad for the racers that spend/have spent all sorts of money to get legal when nobody's ever gonna check them anyways.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Has MARS adopted these style of rules.Their web site still has the same rules as always,but you know how websites dont always get up dated.

Quote Originally Posted by RCJ View Post
    Has MARS adopted these style of rules.Their web site still has the same rules as always,but you know how websites dont always get up dated.
    Not yet, they are under "Dirt car" which is UMP, WoO, and Mars. As soon as the WoO group defines/decides on the wording they want they will release their version of the rules, now when that happens could be 1 week, 3 months, 2017, or never. There is also a few other series waiting on the WoO group so they can copy what they do.

Quote Originally Posted by billetbirdcage View Post
    Not yet, they are under "Dirt car" which is UMP, WoO, and Mars. As soon as the WoO group defines/decides on the wording they want they will release their version of the rules, now when that happens could be 1 week, 3 months, 2017, or never. There is also a few other series waiting on the WoO group so they can copy what they do.
    If I remember correctly, the WoO has said no rule changes for this year. If there are any rule changes coming out of the meetings of the committee, it wouldn't go into effect until next season.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

WoO is about the worst at tech. They come by and make the local guys change stuff that the WoO guy one pit stall over has his worse than ours.