Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    If I remember correctly, the WoO has said no rule changes for this year. If there are any rule changes coming out of the meetings of the committee, it wouldn't go into effect until next season.
    You see that in print somewhere? Because from what I gathered, they are clarifying wording before they are finalized. When I asked the director of another series when they would have their rules out (they said they were forthcoming, shortly - IE said that 2 months ago) I got the reply they are waiting on WoO to decide on the wording and should be along shortly.

I have yet to see any actual official comment on if or when, but every one else seems to think its still coming and for this year. Maybe I missed it and I have talked to guys that went to the meeting in Florida and all seems to think it was still coming for this year or least they never said anything about not until next year.
    Last edited by billetbirdcage; 03-17-2016 at 08:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    But, I have to throw away stuff I have owned for 20 years.
    Like what ?

Quote Originally Posted by RacerX10 View Post
    Like what ?
    Per Lucas wording you can't run: (Off the top of my head without going back an looking again.)

Brake floater, LR spring in front birdcage, LR spring in front on clamp bracket, Swivel shock mounts, bearing chain limiter, spring rod 4-link, 2 RR springs, 2 axle dampeners like a Rayburn.

Now I doubt you will get D/Q'ed for it, but by the letter of the rules you can't run any of that now. Maybe they will update or add to the rules, but I doubt it and will just not tech it or let it pass.
    Last edited by billetbirdcage; 03-17-2016 at 08:38 PM.

The bearing chain holder has been approved in Lucas Oil Races after Kid Rocket was almost DQed for it during speedweeks.

Quote Originally Posted by stock car driver View Post
    He doesn't even race anymore been a few years, he is helping some guy he said on here.

Not sure what you would have from 20 years ago to throw away. But should be a interesting reply. Maybe he was 20 years ahead of the game?
    Billet already answered for me. Brake floaters, 2 RR springs, reverse mount axle damper, spring rod, etc
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

WoO released the rules.I 'M the lowest buck racer you will ever meet.The have made something I have been working on for 2 years illegal.So much for thing outside the box.

Quote Originally Posted by RCJ View Post
    WoO released the rules.I 'M the lowest buck racer you will ever meet.The have made something I have been working on for 2 years illegal.So much for thing outside the box.
    Guys like us ain't wanted.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by RacerX10 View Post
    What are they trying to do with these new rules ?
    Slow down the the Rumley/Davenport juggernaut. They need to just let go and simplify.

1) Shocks can't be directly connected to each other, by wire or hydraulic line.
    2) 1-shock per wheel

Simpler is always the easier cheapest course. Outlawing spring rods and brake floaters only puts companies out of business and cripples ingenuity that took decades to perfect. I think these 'NEW" rules pushes more teams away from attempting to comply with Lucas. Obviously there attempt at slowing down Rumley/Davenport with "NEW" rules had little or no effect. Next they'll outlaw having a degree or above average intelligence. We don't need a NASCRAP of dirt.
    Left 4M and Dirt Late Model racing, 04/12/2016 @12:06AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperEight View Post
    Slow down the the Rumley/Davenport juggernaut. They need to just let go and simplify.

2) 1-shock per wheel

Simpler is always the easier cheapest course. Outlawing spring rods and brake floaters only puts companies out of business and cripples ingenuity that took decades to perfect. I think these 'NEW" rules pushes more teams away from attempting to comply with Lucas. Obviously there attempt at slowing down Rumley/Davenport with "NEW" rules had little or no effect. Next they'll outlaw having a degree or above average intelligence. We don't need a NASCRAP of dirt.
    At the 2020 World 100, you will sign in, get your allotment of tires from Dirt Car, and rent your shocks. 25 teams will enter.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by SuperEight View Post

2) 1-shock per wheel

Why was it aimed at them? They maybe race 6 or so times with WOO! Obviously, that isn't the case!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by a25rjr View Post
    Why was it aimed at them? They maybe race 6 or so times with WOO! Obviously, that isn't the case!
    If you notice, their rules say "unified rules package" or something similar. They felt they had to go along with what was already started.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

If you notice, their rules say "unified rules package" or something similar. They felt they had to go along with what was already started.
    Not really buying your argument there. I believe WOO/UMP are more professional than that, to make rules against one team, that's not even a "threat" to their series!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Not really buying your argument there. I believe WOO/UMP are more professional than that, to make rules against one team, that's not even a "threat" to their series!
    I didn't say WoO made rules against the 6. I said they made their rules match what was happening from Lucas down.

Lucas are the ones who made rules against a single team. The dominoes started falling in an effort to keep all the cars on the same rules. It is quite simple.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

if you would read the lastest from woo its uniform rules for rear suspension

Quote Originally Posted by old fan View Post
    if you would read the lastest from woo its uniform rules for rear suspension
    Exactly what I said.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

I didn't say WoO made rules against the 6. I said they made their rules match what was happening from Lucas down.

Lucas are the ones who made rules against a single team. The dominoes started falling in an effort to keep all the cars on the same rules. It is quite simple.
    That's not entirely true. Several teams were experimenting with spring rods.
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

the rules were set back in feb, John Darby from NASCAR help write the rules

i was wondering if that was the same John Darby.What does a nascar guy know about late models?

That's not entirely true. Several teams were experimenting with spring rods.
    I ran spring rods in 1997. That is not new technology! Any suspension with a solid rear axle has always been legal until 2016. It isn't now because people are scared of a guy named Kevin Rumley. End of story

Everything that got outlawed was simply collateral damage in an attempt to slow the 6 car and rid it of a device the rules guys didn't understand.
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 04-06-2016 at 09:09 PM.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by old fan View Post
    the rules were set back in feb, John Darby from NASCAR help write the rules
    That is too perfect. And makes too much sense.

What a joke!
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1