Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Our locals here are not USMTS cars. This is UMP land. I can say first hand most of our "locals" can hang with anyone. They all come from little BFE style towns, most people have not heard of. Many of them have to get up and put a lot of hours in at work, just to be able to do this thing we love. Most of the UMP national champions form the last few years have came from this area. This is all happening in our back yard. We will try our best to keep the money here. Fancy wraps and custom wheel covers don't win races.

Quote Originally Posted by Minny Lakes View Post
    Seems odd they aren't selling tickets to the general public on Thursday. I didn't believe it so I looked on their site, and there it says they won't be selling tickets on Thursday but pit passes will be available. So does anyone have a clue why an event wouldn't sell tickets to the general public???
    I actually had asked this question on facebook and they got back to me with a very good response but i cant find it right now. But basically what i was told and also have seen them say on other posts is that they are not keeping anyone away from Thursday. If you want to see this part all you have to do is purchase a pit wrist band.

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    People are still so negative on the mods. Man, anymore, they are right there on putting on a good show.
    My favorite class.........by a pretty wide margin.

The skinny tire warriors get it done for me.......

Not saying the slm show doesn't raise a few hairs on my forearms, but I've always enjoyed the mods best.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by dirtracerl77 View Post
    Our locals here are not USMTS cars. This is UMP land. I can say first hand most of our "locals" can hang with anyone. They all come from little BFE style towns, most people have not heard of. Many of them have to get up and put a lot of hours in at work, just to be able to do this thing we love. Most of the UMP national champions form the last few years have came from this area. This is all happening in our back yard. We will try our best to keep the money here. Fancy wraps and custom wheel covers don't win races.
    I get what your saying and I hope a good local busts their a ssez........but guys that win a lot can afford the fancy wraps and custom wheel covers.........it's going to be tough sledding for the local contingent.

nope its going be tough for the traveling guys must don't run a 1/5 mile bull ring
    Last edited by old fan; 03-18-2016 at 11:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LMNED10 View Post
    I think I would be very skeptical of this right now, all these cars entered in three days and the biggest dirt late model race in the country only draws 100 cars or so now, so I will have to see some more info before I really believe it. They do not have enough time to run all this in the time they have announced and I also think that the car count will be low due to the fact that it is after PRI and also too close to Christmas. I just think are trying to hype it up early as ticket sales are not going like they thought. JMO
    look at the schedule of events plus friday and sat they start at 3 pm

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Oh, it's believable, for sure. That's what's bothersome.
    speaking from someone thats goes to a event that had how many flips this past jan

If it's straight up starts w/o an invert traveling guys will wax locals even tho it's a bullring

some travelling guys can't out there own way any more look at oneal francis lanigan for starts and if your talking mods no way in he11 I am sure 4 time national champion Mike Harrison will be there

It will all be over when the 20rt rolls in!

dream on dream on

Maybe I am missing it but where is the list of drivers entered???

I don't think it has been released yet and there are changes coming on a daily basis

Quote Originally Posted by old fan View Post
    some travelling guys can't out there own way any more look at oneal francis lanigan for starts and if your talking mods no way in he11 I am sure 4 time national champion Mike Harrison will be there
    If you had half a brain in your head you'd realize how stupid you sound. In Lanigan's case you can't base his career on one bad year and the other 2 spent too long driving for Bowyer the talent drain.

And as far as your 1/5 mile bullring comment, not many mod or super guys at all race on one. It's not that common of a distance. So your point was invalid.

exactly so the guys that do will have the advantage 2 tracks in ILL ARE 1/5 TH MILE and if you have Bowyers money backing you should be I would better than a local driver

Thumbs up

exactly so the guys that do will have the advantage 2 tracks in ILL ARE 1/5 TH MILE and if you have Bowyers money backing you should be I would better than a local driver
    MONEY and Banking don't = Talent
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

true and on a 1/5 mile you need all talent no money and by the way if racer is on the fence now they gotta wait till next year they have reached the maximum one of the 1/5 miles last night drew 22 for 1500 to win not like smokey mountain paid 15k and got 27 cars or a track tonight paid 5 k to win and got 17
    Last edited by old fan; 03-19-2016 at 09:20 PM.

true and on a 1/5 mile you need all talent no money and by the way if racer is on the fence now they gotta wait till next year they have reached the maximum one of the 1/5 miles last night drew 22 for 1500 to win not like smokey mountain paid 15k and got 27 cars or a track tonight paid 5 k to win and got 17
    Using your logic then.......I'm picking the king Edwards fried chicken car for the win in the slm.

true and on a 1/5 mile you need all talent no money
    Now we know why Owens won at Macon last year.

TRUE ON BOTH ACCOUNTS and mike looked real good last night before the rains and by the way Mike has the money he just won't spend it and now he can see again had cararacts removed
    Last edited by old fan; 03-22-2016 at 11:03 PM.