Default American Racer G60 tires

I sat out all last year and I hear this years there is the tall, regular and short.
    I ran Hoosier A40's the previous years and never used the 27.5's because I didn't like how the tread was very rounded so I stuck with the 26.5 and rarly used the 27.5 for stagger.

It seems like no one around here wants to talk about the AR's. I buying 6 so which one's do I want?

For the track we run at - Devils Bowl in TX - I use a XT (tall) on the RR, short on the LR, regulars on the front. But this is track where you do all can on any given night to keep a car freed up, so I have always used the most rear stagger I could get.

XT all around. maybe a regular on LR. A Short Short and Tall XT and you could end up with 4inches of stagger. If you feel you need that then go for it. Some of the XT were about the same as the tall. The XT's are a little rounded but not like some of the chain link tires I've seen hoosier make.

Let me clarify they call them XT, Tall and Short. And the markings aren't super clear from what I had last year.

My track I will race at primarily is Central Mo Speedway in Warrensburg Mo under the USTMS/USRA sanctioning.
    The track is a 1/3 mile semi banked kinda D shaped. The last few years it's mostly slick and my car is typically too tight on entry and in the tacky I turn it with the throttle but it's not so good on the slick so I don't think a bunch of stagger is going to help me. I'm ignorant to the tires typical contact patch charectristics nor is my chassis builder helpful. I like to branch out and do my own thing anyway.
    Do the XT's like more tire pressure to keep the sidewalls from rolling over on the RR?

Anyone know what a AR G60 durometers when new?
    The only set I have used were old, like real old, and punched 65-70!
    That's harder than the tires on the truck I used to get there haha!

We have had shorts that were taller than the reg tire, so choose wisely.

That's kinda the whole problem with the spec tire deal in general dont ya think. The Hoosier A40's were the same way. I can only afford 6 and I don't have the ability to choose which 6 but if someone else can afford to buy 60 the person getting 60 has a real advantage.

I believe you are correct, they don't durometer the same either so the more you can choose from the better off you are usually. We didn't have that option either. Best of luck in your choose of tires.

45-50 in 80degree weather If I remember correctly.

Most tire dealers will let you pick thru the pile and go by the number on the sticker. we did all xt and a regular on the lr and struggled to get over an 1" of stagger. CMS is a cool track we ran there once last year in Bmods and it was super heavy.

I ended up getting 4 T's and 2 XT's on order in a couple weeks.

Thanks for the replies.

youll want xt on a modified, other wise your cross member will be in the ground, if your 4/4

Interesting. How is that?

sold my cars in 2004 , I still carry a tire tape in my pocket. that is how I bought my tires my stagger 2 .7/8

Quote Originally Posted by stock car driver View Post
    short tires equal less ground clearance
    Ride heights - you know the distance from the ground to the center of a-frame bolt?

While you guys are having a pissing match I'll say I measure mine from a tab welded on the frame above the LCA.
    I haven't had too much of an issue with the frame hitting the ground even though I am 4/4.
    I've done some of my own work to prevent that.