Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: J.D. Wins

Quote Originally Posted by old fan View Post
    what the heck were looking at that took 2 or 5 hours
    A reason.........
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by old fan View Post
    what the heck were looking at that took 2 or 5 hours
    Another gadgit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by a25rjr View Post
    Someone please explain why Lewis and co made a knee jerk decision. They visited approx 20 shops before making the changes.
    My understanding was that the shop visits were mostly fact finding about expenses incurred during the year. The only good step Lucas made came from them. The rule to run the same tires for hotlaps, qualifying and heat.

That said, Just because you visit some of the teams, doesn't mean they had much influence, or actually should have had influence, honestly. There were what, 11 teams at the closed door meeting who were trying to figure out how to beat the bogeyman? Of course those racers wanted things changed hastily. One read thru the rules tells you they were knee jerk. Honestly, they are a disaster. Poorly written and full of unintended consequences.

And now, all the rest of the racers in this country may have to deal with the fallout.
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 03-24-2016 at 04:49 AM.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

Quote Originally Posted by SFrancisFan15 View Post
    Only thing I'm going to say on this post is I would be mad and gloat if I was Davenport too,especially after being in tech for 2 hours Friday night at GI after getting third when Lucas had the Thursday makeup Race at 1030 the next Morning! They had his car from 11:30 and they got the car back to his hauler at 130! Richards and Sheppard were held for about 10 minutes each. That would grind my gears and I'd be pretty upset, almost like they're trying to have a gotcha moment, jmo.

It was my understanding that the reason they were in tech so long was because they found a part failure during the inspection process.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    My understanding was that the shop visits were mostly fact finding about expenses incurred during the year. The only good step Lucas made came from them. The rule to run the same tires for hotlaps, qualifying and heat.

That said, Just because you visit some of the teams, doesn't mean they had much influence, or actually should have had influence, honestly. There were what, 11 teams at the closed door meeting who were trying to figure out how to beat the bogeyman? Of course those racers wanted things changed hastily. One read thru the rules tells you they were knee jerk. Honestly, they are a disaster. Poorly written and full of unintended consequences.

And now, all the rest of the racers in this country may have to deal with the fallout.
    One of The unintended consequences is the large amount of rubbing of Lucas noses on a big sanding block....ouch!!!!

That and the extraordinary amount of preparation h now being sold to all the butt hurt basement racing fans in Nebraska........

Oh, and the extra wins for the 6 team this year so far because of it..............thanks Lucas, may they have another???? And another ???? And another????

Unintended consequences , INDEED!!!
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????