Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default What is up with Bloomquist??

I heard Scott in an interview say "bet on the zero to win the points title in 2016". He missed qualifying last night because he was late??....He always seems to screw himself by being late to the track....when will he learn?

He could certainly use some better time management. I've see him be late to races at least a dozen times.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

or show up inline to time trial with wrong tires

He is a bad man............don't count him out of anything, ever.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

He just left yesterday from fl speedweeks as the powdered candy ran out.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Hes gottem right where he wants em!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by a25rjr View Post
    Hes gottem right where he wants em!
    Yall got that right....its a long season

He always seems about halfway unprepared, but he sure knows how to get it done. The one night at East Bay we were standing there while all of the other cars were already in line to go out for the feature and there is Bloomquist with a heat gun attempting to apply a huge decal to the nose of of the car. Because clearly there was no other possible time do that......

Why pick on him for??? The dude has nothing left to prove. He's been there, won that.

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    Why pick on him for??? The dude has nothing left to prove. He's been there, won that.
    That's not the point. He's one of the best, if not the best. Do we see anyone else doing this? I don't remember him missing qualifying back in the 90s very much. He's always one of the last to show up, but he just shafts himself showing up like he does.

I remember seeing Mark Martin at atomic last year when he showed up late. He went out and made the most horrific qualifying lap I've ever seen him do, mainly cuz they rushed the car out there. Mark just looked at the ground and shook his head.

Maybe his crewchief should be run over more often.

He did put himself behind but he finished ok... I remember (back in the 90s) him showing up at the gap(volunteer speedway) right at the beginning of qualifying he was the last out and broke the track record

He did not finish ok....these races matter and he needs top 5's not top 10's when the point leader is winning races....remember when he missed the speed week race a few years ago ( I believe he sold his car to Eric Jacobson) he didn't win the points and that was his first point in not winning the title!

This won't be a popular answer, however I honestly believe it's because it gives him an excuse when or if he doesn't when the Lucas Oil title.

Mind games... Greatest of all time = enough said

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    Mind games... Greatest of all time = enough said
    Only person he psyched out was himself.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro23 View Post
    This won't be a popular answer, however I honestly believe it's because it gives him an excuse when or if he doesn't when the Lucas Oil title.
    That's what I've been saying also. Really like Bloomquist and there's no arguing that's he's one of the greatest, but there is always an excuse when he don't win. Last year he blamed losing the championship on two rainouts and not the other 35 or so races thru out the year..... Everyone knows what time the gates open at these tracks and how many laps the races are...

I can think of a couple others that always ran late but seem to get it done when the night was over.

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    He just left yesterday from fl speedweeks as the powdered candy ran out.
    Won at Smoky Mountain last week, so wasn't that. Still hilarious that's all you guys got, he got busted with a couple grams of blow. Fukin sue me. Been there, done that too. Only difference is I wasn't a high profile dirt driver with long wavy hair sticking it to the good ole boys in Tn.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro23 View Post
    I honestly thought of that too. Like wtf are you doing? You are trying to compete for a title, and you're 1 1/2 hrs late to the track. Just fukin stupid, 49 other drivers in your division were there on time, but you were over an hour late. Thank God I wasn't wearing any Bloomer sh!t, I'd have been embarrassed. He looked pretty good, but if he'd have gotten there on time, timed good, and started near the front, he coulda got a top 5 maybe, not 18th to freakin 9th.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.