Default McDowell is Lucky Star during Southern Nationals Bonus Series Stop at Boyd’s Speedway

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

McDowell is Lucky Star during Southern Nationals Bonus Series Stop at Boyd’s Speedway

Southern Nationals Bonus Series P.R. Coordinator
    606-219-1723 | tilleyracing@gmail.com

RINGGOLD, Ga. – Mar. 19, 2016 – Dale McDowell had a flawless night at Boyd’s Speedway. The Chickamauga, Ga. driver picked up $4,000 after leading from start to finish in the Southern Nationals Bonus Series-sanctioned Lucky Star 40 event. This was McDowell’s first win on the tour. He became the 18th different series winner and second different winner this season.

Polesitter Cory Hedgec0ck and McDowell brought the field to life for the start of the 40-lap main event with McDowell jumping to the early lead. Hedgec0ck and Donald McIntosh would tuck in line for second and third. By the fifth circuit, sixth-starting Jonathan Davenport would work his way up to the fourth position and challenge Hedgec0ck for third numerous times.

By the halfway point, McDowell would continue to lead while McIntosh, Hedgec0ck, Davenport and Jared Landers held on to the remaining top-five spots. By the later stages in the race, 13th starting Randy Weaver would muscle his way to the sixth spot and challenge for fifth but settled for a spot just outside the top-five. McDowell would cross the line first ahead of McIntosh, Hedgec0ck, Davenport and Landers.

Two caution flags slowed the 40 lapper. The first yellow flag would wave on lap 13 as Tim Busha slowed on the front chute with an oil leak. The final yellow flag came on lap 36 as Jason Welshan slowed at the top of turn two.

McDowell drove the Team Dillon Racing owned, Bad Boy Buggies, Big Dog Motorsports, Cometic Gasket, Ferris Commercial Mowers, Klotz Synthetics, National Boiler Service and UNOH-sponsored, ECR-powered Warrior Race Car to the victory.

The Southern Nationals Bonus Series will be back in action on Friday Night May 20th at the Crossville (Tenn.) Speedway for a 50-lap $5,000-to-win event.

Further information on the Spring Nationals, Southern Nationals and Southern Nationals Bonus Series can be obtained by calling Promoter Ray Cook at (828) 360-5353 or Series P.R. Coordinator Chris Tilley at (606) 219-1723 or visit the official website located at www.SouthernNationalsSeries.com .

Official Summary of Results

Feature Results of “Lucky Star 40” at Boyd’s Speedway in Ringgold, Ga. on March 19, 2016:
    1. Dale McDowell-Chickamauga, Ga.
    2. Donald McIntosh-Dawsonville, Ga.
    3. Cory Hedgec0ck-Loudon, Tenn.
    4. Jonathan Davenport-Blairsville, Ga.
    5. Jared Landers-Batesville, Ark.
    6. Randy Weaver-Crossville, Tenn.
    7. Jason Croft-Woodstock, Ga.
    8. Jason Hiett-Oxford, Ala.
    9. Aaron Ridley-Chatsworth, Ga.
    10. David Payne-Murphy, N.C.
    11. Tod Hernandez-Chattanooga, Tenn.
    12. Dylan Ames-Harvest, Ala.
    13. Tyler Millwood-Kingston, Ga.
    14. Jake Knowles-Tyrone, Ga.
    15. Derek Ellis-Chatsworth, Ga.
    16. Ryan King-Seymour, Tenn.
    17. Brandon Williams-Crossville, Tenn.
    18. Jason Welshan-Maryville, Tenn.
    19. Ethan Hunter-Harrison, Tenn.
    20. John Ownbey-Cleveland, Tenn.
    21. Tim Busha-Boaz, Ala.
    22. Anthony White-Clinton, Tenn.

Time of Race: 22 minutes, 58 seconds
    Margin of Victory: 00.542 seconds
    Yellow Flags: Two (laps 13, 36)
    Red Flags: None
    Lap Leaders: McDowell (1-40)
    Entries: 34

FK Rod Ends Overall Fast Time: Dale McDowell-14.651 seconds
    Keyser Manufacturing 11th Place Award: Tod Hernandez
    Highest Finishing CT525 Engine ($200): Ryan King
    Highest Finishing Steel Head/SPEC Engine ($200): Tod Hernandez
    Provisional Starters: Anthony White, Jason Welshan

Dash Finish: Cory Hedgec0ck, Dale McDowell, Donald McIntosh, David Payne.

Heat-One Finish: Jared Landers, John Ownbey, Randy Weaver, Ethan Hunter, Allen Murray, Dusty Carver, Anthony White, Doug Smith.

Heat-Two Finish: Jason Croft, Dylan Ames, Tim Busha, Tyler Millwood, Austin Smith, Forrest Trent, T.J. Brittain.

Heat-Three Finish: Jonathan Davenport, Aaron Ridley, Derek Ellis, Jake Knowles, Jason Welshan, Jay Scott, Joey Standridge, Lucas Burns.

Heat-Four Finish: Tod Hernandez, Jason Hiett, Ryan King, Brandon Williams, Kyle Pierce, Jamie Perry, Ellery Leake.

Current Southern Nationals Bonus Series Points (after March 19, 2016)
    1. Cory Hedgec0ck-394 (Loudon, TN)
    2. Donald McIntosh-392 (Dawsonville, GA)
    3. David Payne-366 (Murphy, NC)
    4. Ryan King-348 (Seymour, TN)
    5. Jason Welshan-346 (Maryville, TN)
    6. Anthony White-344 (Clinton, TN)
    7. John Ownbey-326 (Cleveland, TN)
    8. Dale McDowell-200 (Chickamauga, GA)
    9. Jimmy Owens-194 (Newport, TN)
    10. Dustin Linville-192 (Lancaster, KY)
    10. Jonathan Davenport-192 (Blairsville, GA)

Ray Cooks Southern Nationals Bonus Race , Lucky Star 40 @ Boyds Speedway SVP only shot the Super Late Models for Dirt on Dirt , Mitchell Jenkins is the tracks videoagrapher , please contact him for your DVD purchase's.

great job on the track prep on saturday just like he practices on each week !! notice the track prep for practice friday was NOTHING like saturday !!

I noticed mcdowell wins alot on his own track. Just saying

Yeah 2 out the last 6 he has raced there and that is the same as Donald and I believe Madden and weaver where the other 2 winners man he wins all the time.👍

that's not my point track prep for practice was nothing like track prep for race day Friday was like a plowed corn field so no one could gain anything from practice Saturday it was just like he practices on weekly !!!

Then you must not have been there Friday and Saturday because times where faster Saturday on race day then on Friday and he does not on the weekly he has tested about 3 hours in the past two years it's hard to test when the car is in welcome nc and he's in Chattanooga at least know what you are talking about before u put stuff out there.

I wasn't there for the Friday practice session. I did go for the race and I personally hope they can get more moisture into the surface. It was packed hard with rubber from the practice. They seem to have a issue with that surface when they practice the night before. Now I know the drivers like a smooth racing surface. But watching a train race isn't my idea of a good race. Now this is just a fans perspective but the clay has a lot of rubber mixed in and also very small rocks. I got hit several times Saturday night by those small rocks.
    If they could get some fresh clay before the Lucas race it might make a world of difference. But that probably won't happen this close to race time.
    I just like to see racing on the entire track and after the heats everyone was running low and somewhat slow. It was jet black by the end of the evening.
    Either way I plan to be there for their big race and hope the track is moist and tacky.

I am the same way rather see it tacky it will be good for the Lucas race no practice before it so it should be fine I hope like all race fans.