FASTRAK the only series left with all GM crate engine parts?

I am often asked why won’t you let his series or that series engines run with FASTRAK? Well I wonder that sometimes too honestly, but I hate to see our guys that have supported us all these years feel like they are getting screwed by allowing crate engines that have parts other than GM.

I know I have heard people say well the GM parts are too high. Well my question would be did your builder charge you any less? How do you know? I have yet to see one actually be cheaper than if it were built back with all GM parts, have you?

It’s like a lot of things in racing and it’s unfortunate really. You’ve seen it time after time with weekly tracks. One track changes the rules just enough that their cars can’t go anywhere else and race. Series with crate engines are doing it as well now. Just enough that our guys are legal to run with them since we are all GM parts, but their guys are not legal to come run with us.

Then I hear well we are trying to help racing. Are you really? Exactly how is that helping racing by making engines illegal everywhere, but with you?

Now on the other series behalf, there was a time when the GM parts were nuts. We didn’t go after aftermarket parts, we went to GM to fix the problem and they did. They are the ones that were making them so we had to be patient as things don’t move all that fast sometimes in big corporations, but wasn’t going to them and keeping them all GM the right way to go about fixing the problem?

Now we have crates engines with all crate engine parts. We have crate engines that have basically become spec motors, not crate motors at all. Where does that lead us? What does the future hold for crate racing if this continues to be the cycle? To me and this is just my opinion. If it’s not all GM then call it what it is, a spec motor. One would think that would be pretty simple.

I don’t like turning people down and the tracks that hold our events shouldn’t have to be punished just because someone got an idea on how to keep their cars from going anywhere else. In the end I guess it’s all left up to the race teams. If they continue to support series that aren’t all GM parts, why would they ever change? If you don’t you can bet they would change back to a REAL GM CRATE ENGINE before the end of the week. In the end, like always it’s really up to the race teams themselves.

Stan Lester
FASTRAK Racing Series (The first and original crate engine series)
(678) 935-7304
sl@fastrakracing.com