Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Casebolt

Default Casebolt

Just seen on racingjunk that steve has his 2016 rocket for sale....anybody know whats up or he just getting rid of it since its a blackfront.....being a 2016 youd think he would have one of those new XR1instead of a blackfront

I seen that as well And thought the same thing.

He has a xr1, it was ran in Florida, it has a blue frame. I believe he has both.

Probably getting a Longhorn, seems like the thing to do...

Just say no...

Wow i thought he was in a Club29 car??Or was that 3 cars ago??

Steve Casebolt has an XR1 car at this point. He is probably taking delivery of another XR1 car (as mentioned in a recent DoD article from right before Speedweeks I believe) and has no need for the Black front car going forward.

Thanks,
    Jeff.

Quote Originally Posted by Twist'EM Up View Post
    Wow i thought he was in a Club29 car??Or was that 3 cars ago??
    Switched to Rocket about halfway through last year.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by Kromulous View Post
    Probably getting a Longhorn, seems like the thing to do...
    I Talked to a guy that works at Rocket he said Casebolt has another XR1 coming. The guy also said they have a lot of cars to build.

Horns up !!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL, just stirring the pot. XR1 looks like a fine ride, the ones i seen run good.

Side note thou, that XR1 is pricey... why are the so exspensive? i heard 15k for frame and deck / interior.
    Last edited by Kromulous; 03-24-2016 at 01:02 PM.

Just say no...

Horns up !!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL, just stirring the pot. XR1 looks like a fine ride, the ones i seen run good.

Side note thou, that XR1 is pricey... why are the so exspensive? i heard 15k for frame and deck / interior.
    It looks like that quote would include all of the below parts.

2016 Rocket "XR-1" Frame & Body Kit Includes:
    2016 "Rocket XR1 Chassis", rear bumper, front bumper, side spiders, door bar, - ALL Powder coated, Full Driver (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)pit/ tub - installed by Rocket, Complete Deck Kit with extra bent Heavy Duty Option, Aluminum Angle Bracing Kit for the deck, Complete Rocket Aero Body - Fenders, Doors, Quarters, Hood, MD3 composite Roof and leader, Aero Windows and pillars, 2 pc rear spoiler, MD3 Front Nose Kit with lower Valance, MD3 lower rockers, Lightweight Body Brace Kit, and Spring Steel- ALL INSTALLED! Coleman Bearing Adjustable Gas Pedal, Wilwood Brake Pedal dual setup - with 2 Wilwood Mastercylinders, Wilwood Clutch Pedal with Wilwood mastercylinder with Clutch hose kit, 3 Wheel Brake shutoff with in (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)pit switch, full hard brake lines, and (4) Flexlines for calipers - ALL is Installed by Rocket!
    From................................$ 14,095.00

Horns up !!!!!!!!!!!!

Docol tubing and that is what the market will bear.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Thanx Josh, I missed that switch back to Rockets. Must B nice too switch cars like underwear haha

I guess some people have a nice market.

Still seem pricey to me. You still need a rack, front suspension, and rear end, bars, lift bar etc. Shocks, springs, wheels tires, seat etc. All said as done maybe 40k roller?

I guess thats not bad, i heard a Longhorn is 55k full roller.

Add another 40 to 45k for motor and Trans, pumps etc. Hopefully people begin to see where DLM racing is going...

Just say no...

Still seem pricey to me. You still need a rack, front suspension, and rear end, bars, lift bar etc. Shocks, springs, wheels tires, seat etc. All said as done maybe 40k roller?

Add another 40 to 45k for motor and Trans, pumps etc. Hopefully people begin to see where DLM racing is going...
    Yup, it isn't pretty.

At some point a line will be crossed and a bunch of people will get out and the prices will either need to come down or the sport of LM racing will die. I can't imagine too many more price increases can be absorbed - a lot of these drivers are winning a lot of money each year and still losing a ton.

Thanks,
    Jeff.

Switching chassis seems almost the norm in late model racing. Sprint car guys seem to be loyal to their chassis manufacturers for some reason. They may switch shocks, engine builders and almost everything else, but they stay loyal with their chassis. A lot of sprint car drivers stay with their same manufacturer their whole careers.......don't get it with late model guys switching so often......it seems only a few get any faster after switching to boot?
    Last edited by BTExpress; 03-24-2016 at 02:59 PM.

I don't disagree. Crazy what people will spend to pick up start money at the end of the night at a Saturday night show.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

I thought Casebolt looked better at Atomic than I've seen him look in a long time.
    What ever he's running it sure seems to agree with him.

Quote Originally Posted by MEE View Post
    I thought Casebolt looked better at Atomic than I've seen him look in a long time.
    What ever he's running it sure seems to agree with him.
    He ran the car that is for sale.

If the other car is better,then he will be a contender.

Kromulous and W2 are correct!! Some of these builders are over pricing these cars and making a killing!! They better make it now because they are ultimately going to kill the sport down the road in a few years! $70,000 car to maybe win a couple of $10,000 races! If their lucky!! Eventually, it's all going to come to a head and sooner than later. Some of these owners might have money to burn and just enjoy the sport! But, they are not stupid to continue losing thousands and thousands of dollars each year. Plus, some of the local tracks can't get enough late models to fill a decent feature! I wonder why?? I don't see the track owners ponying up big money on a regular basis for the win and clear thru the field to keep guys running!! So, it all rests on the builders and engine makers!! Long term, they are pricing themselves right out of the sport! make it now!! Because it won't be there later!