Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dirt capital ?

Default Dirt capital ?

Hagerstown with 11 supers to open the season ? Better change now or it will be gone !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dirtMAN007 View Post
    Hagerstown with 11 supers to open the season ? Better change now or it will be gone !!!!
    What's going on at Hagerstown?

Area racer cannot afford xr1. Buys bass boat.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by bighalfmile View Post
    What's going on at Hagerstown?
    No track surface maintenance and promoter sponsored cars getting preferential treatment to name a few problems !!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Area racer cannot afford xr1. Buys bass boat.
    Should just buy a Longhorn. I'm sure they are way cheaper, and everything is a Longhorn anyway according to 4m.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperEight View Post
    From what I'm seeing now that we've left Fla, the XR1 may go the way of Disco... Several failures to launch and a couple of missions to mars.
    I wouldn't be too quick to count a chassis out just because it's started slow. People are still running strong and winning in the Black Diamond cars. I'd say it's a matter of time till Lanigan gets it figured out. He's no dummy.

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    Should just buy a Longhorn. I'm sure they are way cheaper, and everything is a Longhorn anyway according to 4m.
    Longhorns are pricey also.

Easter weekend might have something to with it

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by old fan View Post
    Easter weekend might have something to with it
    The stands were packed at the nearby Fabulous Lincoln Speedway...The reality is, in this market, the only front gate division left is the winged 410 Sprint car...
    Opinions may vary...

I would be curious to see would kind of crowd and car count Hagerstown will get in a few weeks when the LOLMS comes to town?

Who says Hagerstown is the dirt capital? Never heard that before. The dirt capital is Ohio and it's not close.
    Go Buckeyes!!!

Everyone knows the dirt capital is Illinois lol

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    Everyone knows the dirt capital is Illinois lol
    Ohio has the DTWC, the Dream, The World 100, the Kings Royal, the last two nights of the Hell Tour at Oakshade, the 50k race at Atomic. It's not even a contest. Iowa has a better claim than Illinois. Not arguing just saying.
    Go Buckeyes!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Toledo, OH View Post
    Ohio has the DTWC, the Dream, The World 100, the Kings Royal, the last two nights of the Hell Tour at Oakshade, the 50k race at Atomic. It's not even a contest. Iowa has a better claim than Illinois. Not arguing just saying.
    Just messin with yeah lol

From what I'm seeing now that we've left Fla, the XR1 may go the way of Disco... Several failures to launch and a couple of missions to mars.

So the tracks arent prepping especially for the XR1? How do other teams compensate? I'd think with the resources NASA has they'd be ready for any situation or surface. What kinda surface has Hagerstown been having?
    I'm not sure exactly, at least in my neck of the woods. XR1 was 1, 2 and (I believe) 3 last week at the Grove. Then they are 1, 2 at the Grove this week. XR1 was 1, 2 in the uFO show at Port Royal this week (Rocket also won at Port the last two weeks but not sure if it was an XR1). XR1 also won at Potomac and second at Hagerstown. At least at the Grove and Hagerstown (shows I went to) the field was not majority Rockets, and there are very few XR1 cars out yet anyway. That is a pretty good track record so far. Thats not to mention the 7 SLM wins Richards had in GA/FL.

Don't live anywhere close to Hagerstown but I thought the whole Capitol thing was because it was close to the actual Capitol of the United States
    Last edited by KAOS; 03-28-2016 at 12:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Donnit View Post
    The stands were packed at the nearby Fabulous Lincoln Speedway...The reality is, in this market, the only front gate division left is the winged 410 Sprint car...
    you can have the stands packed with 2 cars also and maybe in your rea the 410s are the only front gate division here you go http://www.hagerstownspeedway.com/
    Last edited by old fan; 03-28-2016 at 06:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Toledo, OH View Post
    If I remember correctly from a list of states with the most dirt tracks I saw a couple years ago, based on that, Iowa would be "the capital of dirt racing". New York would actually be second.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Several cars who generally run Hagerstown went to Port Royal for the UFO race instead.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

I don't put much weight on Fla, when you test for 10 days at the same tracks ahead of everyone else. At this point I'd rather have the pre-XR1 design.
    I typed an entire paragraph explaining how many wins the XR1 has since Florida. At the end I mentioned (in just one sentence) Josh's run in Florida. Why is it that you chose to completely overlook everything else and zero in on that one sentence? I can assure Josh didn't win those races solely because he tested at those tracks. They tested down South last year as well and didn't win nearly as much. I know it must bother you that Rocket has a new chassis and it is winning races but sometimes we all have to come to grips with reality.

Thanks,
    Jeff.