Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dirt capital ?

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    Longhorns are pricey also.
    That was my point. The top chassis are within a few grand of each other. But if you don't like the one, then that fact goes out the window to some.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by W2Racing09 View Post
    I typed an entire paragraph explaining how many wins the XR1 has since Florida. At the end I mentioned (in just one sentence) Josh's run in Florida. Why is it that you chose to completely overlook everything else and zero in on that one sentence? I can assure Josh didn't win those races solely because he tested at those tracks. They tested down South last year as well and didn't win nearly as much. I know it must bother you that Rocket has a new chassis and it is winning races but sometimes we all have to come to grips with reality.

Thanks,
    Jeff.
    But it's Rocket, so it's different, it's boner time.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Default Who??

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    Several cars who generally run Hagerstown went to Port Royal for the UFO race instead.
    Who came from Hagerstown to race at Ports UFO race?? I don't think a single car.. I saw Deese was at Winchester.. Whats up with that??

Quote Originally Posted by 06Tireman View Post
    Who came from Hagerstown to race at Ports UFO race?? I don't think a single car.. I saw Deese was at Winchester.. Whats up with that??
    I was thinking the same thing -- I didn't see many.

Possibly Hardy, Covert, Friese and Myers would have been there if the uFO hadn't been at Port but none of them (aside from Myers, that is a surprise) are Hagerstown locks even when there are no specials in the area.

I was surprised to see both Deese and Fitzgerald at the Winchester opener rather than Hagerstown.
    Last edited by W2Racing09; 03-28-2016 at 02:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperEight View Post
    I'll second that and I used to live in Georgia.

What did you move to Fairbury lol

I realize that Black Diamond and Club29 are the same frame but with different components, it just seems like the BD(combination) might be more consistent. CBR seems to be kinda like Hendricks 3rd and 4th teams cup teams. One car runs good, the other seems to be searching... Has NASA completed a feature since Fla? Casebolt looked like he was lost in the parking lot, at least on video.
    I really don't want to steer the discussion off topic out of respect for whoever started the thread, but I'm always interested in talking about CBR because it seems like the one team that should always be in contention and never is (outside of one good year with O'neal). Doesn't seem to matter who the drivers are or which chassis they are in. I don't understand what the problem is.

Quote Originally Posted by NormP View Post
    I really don't want to steer the discussion off topic out of respect for whoever started the thread, but I'm always interested in talking about CBR because it seems like the one team that should always be in contention and never is (outside of one good year with O'neal). Doesn't seem to matter who the drivers are or which chassis they are in. I don't understand what the problem is.
    Absentee celebrity owner 90% of time probably the biggest problem. Want to know how to spent big dollars to get a win? Here is the formula.

Quote Originally Posted by onlyfacts View Post
    Absentee celebrity owner 90% of time probably the biggest problem. Want to know how to spent big dollars to get a win? Here is the formula.
    points dont start at hagerstown until april 2 i would assume roy will go for his tenth title.

I don't put much weight on Fla, when you test for 10 days at the same tracks ahead of everyone else. At this point I'd rather have the pre-XR1 design.
    Don't matter how you want to spin the hate ball what they did in Florida was big for any chassis company. They built a new car and needed to test. So What? No different than any other chassis builder testing with a car that is a 10 year old design. And all of them do. Club 29 made a special trip in December for a week to test in Florida and Georgia. So far there hasn't been many xr1 cars even raced yet because they didn't run the first one until October last year. So if you want to base on the results on what the xr1 has done so far you would have to say it has been more than successful for the little amout of time and the number of new xr1 that have been built. Reading your your posts it is obvious you are a hater. But I don't think Shinnston has a problem.
    Last edited by onlyfacts; 03-29-2016 at 06:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by m_stagev View Post
    points dont start at hagerstown until april 2 i would assume roy will go for his tenth title.
    What does this have to do with CBR?

Quote Originally Posted by w2racing09 View Post
    i was thinking the same thing -- i didn't see many.

Possibly hardy, covert, friese and myers would have been there if the ufo hadn't been at port but none of them (aside from myers, that is a surprise) are hagerstown locks even when there are no specials in the area.

I was surprised to see both deese and fitzgerald at the winchester opener rather than hagerstown.
    didn't myers win at hagerstown ?

Quote Originally Posted by dirtMAN007 View Post
    didn't myers win at hagerstown ?
    Oh sorry, just realized there are two Myers'.

I was talking about Chad Myers, he was an LLM regular at Hagerstown until he had a bad wreck last season. Then he came back toward the end of the season and was running SLM at Hagerstown.

Thanks,
    Jeff.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Toledo, OH View Post
    Ohio has the DTWC, the Dream, The World 100, the Kings Royal, the last two nights of the Hell Tour at Oakshade, the 50k race at Atomic. It's not even a contest. Iowa has a better claim than Illinois. Not arguing just saying.
    It looks like the drivers think Illinois is the dirt capital. I found that interesting.

Let me apologize up front for not commenting on your writing in its entirety. I really don't care how many cars they build or if they offer several new designs. I do think it may prove a premature investment by the guys who jumped into a new one so soon, but that's their money. I don't wish anyone misfortune and I don't relish anyone stumbling. I'm sure building cars for a living and trying to make all those different customers fast, with different budgets, knowledge and skill levels feel impossible. I do wish some of there devoted followers showed a little more respect to some of the other builders who may be past their prime, but still deserve respect.
    I wasn't even commenting on how many cars they have or have not built. All I said was that the cars have been very successful into the regular season outside of Florida.

The cars are taking drivers (like Matt Cosner) to the next level. Matt Cosner was always a good driver but prior to this season he had one career win. I've seen him race three times so far this season and he has finished 3rd, 1st and 2nd against fields that included Gregg Satterlee, Mason Ziegler, Kyle Hardy, Andy Anderson and many other big time regional SLM drivers.

You keep harping on Florida but there is plenty of evidence that these cars are winning outside of Florida. In fact many races take place in the GA/TN/SC/NC area and Josh Richards won two out of three features at Golden Isles too in front of huge fields of LOLMDS cars.

As far as not respecting other builders past their prime, I don't think I'm guilty of that.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    It looks like the drivers think Illinois is the dirt capital. I found that interesting.
    D@mn right Kidrock. 100 of the top dirt late model drivers can't be wrong.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Toledo, OH View Post
    Ohio has the DTWC, the Dream, The World 100, the Kings Royal, the last two nights of the Hell Tour at Oakshade, the 50k race at Atomic. It's not even a contest. Iowa has a better claim than Illinois. Not arguing just saying.
    Don't waste your time arguing. You must have sleep boogers in your eyes.
    I'll give you the World and Dream. You boast your argument on the last 2 nights of the Hell Tour? Illinois basically has the whole series. Theirs more big racing in Illinois in a week than you have in a month.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    You got that right highside Hustler25

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    I wasn't aware that an argument could even be made that IL is not the capital of Dirt racing.

I'm not sure why Hagerstown calls itself the Dirt Capitol. It is a storied track for sure with a lot of prestige associated with it (although they could certainly benefit from offering a crown jewel type event). It probably does have a lot to do with how close it is to Washington D.C, I doubt they are trying to make the claim that a track in Maryland (home to just 2 active tracks) could be considered the capital of dirt racing.

I'm a born and raised Ohio boy. I'll have to give the nod to Illinois for the dirt capital crown, nd I've never even attended a race out there. Normally when they do the "what state are you from" deal at Eldora, Illinois makes about as much noise, if not more noise than the home state crowd does. That says a lot about the fans out that way.

I'll make it out there someday soon.....

Quote Originally Posted by W2Racing09 View Post
    I wasn't aware that an argument could even be made that IL is not the capital of Dirt racing.

I'm not sure why Hagerstown calls itself the Dirt Capitol. It is a storied track for sure with a lot of prestige associated with it (although they could certainly benefit from offering a crown jewel type event). It probably does have a lot to do with how close it is to Washington D.C, I doubt they are trying to make the claim that a track in Maryland (home to just 2 active tracks) could be considered the capital of dirt racing.
    Hagerstown Speedway's nickname or slogan since the mid 1980's has been "The Capitol of Dirt Racing". Back then, Frank Plessinger always had traveling series come a few times per season, and paid better money to win those races than other tracks. He had the $50,000 to win Free State 100 in 1983, won by Jeff Purvis. Hagerstown was THE place to see the best in Dirt Late Model racing.

Ernie Davis is leasing and promoting the track under his own Dirt Capitol, LLC name. That's why it is called what it is. And, it really isn't far from our nation's capital of Washington, DC either.

Since then, it has lost a lot of its luster. Hagerstown is still a decent facility, but the weekly racing is suffering. The track has been, and is still in dire need of clay. It's still smooth, but it's packed hard, blows dust, gets slick, and turns black within two or three laps during the Late Model hot lap session.

Crown Jewel races - I miss the Johnny Roberts Memorial, the Conococheague 100, and the Hub City 150. The Lucas Oil race is about as big as they get nowadays. Everything else is pretty much bland and ordinary. They might pay decent weekly money, but it isn't drawing cars.

Handicapping instead of wheel spinning at intermission would make for better racing too.