Question New to sprints question(non-wing)

I was looking at different sprints for sale on RJ and noticed some referencing things like 86/40, what is that? My questions are mainly about wingless. Are all sprints torsion front and rear or do some run coilovers? I saw somewhere that the cars react too quickly on coils so most run torsion. Lastly who are the best non-wing builders for dirt? I know of DRC and Maxim and Bullitt I believe. Not sure if Beast makes a non-wing dirt.
    Left 4M and Dirt Late Model racing, 04/12/2016 @12:06AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperEight View Post
    I was looking at different sprints for sale on RJ and noticed some referencing things like 86/40, what is that? My questions are mainly about wingless. Are all sprints torsion front and rear or do some run coilovers? I saw somewhere that the cars react too quickly on coils so most run torsion. Lastly who are the best non-wing builders for dirt? I know of DRC and Maxim and Bullitt I believe. Not sure if Beast makes a non-wing dirt.
    86 would be wheelbase and 40 is the distance from motor plate to rear end. As far as the suspension some people like coil overs some like torsion bars. Personally I think coil overs are more precise and technical. The torsion bars seem to be more forgiving is what many people tell me.

Opinions...I have plenty of those. As far as chassis brands, eagle, maxim, bullet, spike, xxx,drc,beast does make a sprint car, all are pretty similar the bullet being the most different of those listed, it's an offset centerline short bar/coil car. I have driven a host of different sprint cars and my personal preference is an 87/40 torsion bar car, coil cars can be a bit trickier for the fact most are offset unless you get a maxim ultramax which I'm not sure they are still building. I am partial to maxim but you can make any car work. Coil cars can be very finicky especially in rough conditions, there is a reason almost 99% of sprint cars run torsion bar, and it's not because no has tried something different

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade Cust Susp View Post
    Opinions...I have plenty of those. As far as chassis brands, eagle, maxim, bullet, spike, xxx,drc,beast does make a sprint car, all are pretty similar the bullet being the most different of those listed, it's an offset centerline short bar/coil car. I have driven a host of different sprint cars and my personal preference is an 87/40 torsion bar car, coil cars can be a bit trickier for the fact most are offset unless you get a maxim ultramax which I'm not sure they are still building. I am partial to maxim but you can make any car work. Coil cars can be very finicky especially in rough conditions, there is a reason almost 99% of sprint cars run torsion bar, and it's not because no has tried something different
    Thanks. Very informative.
    Left 4M and Dirt Late Model racing, 04/12/2016 @12:06AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperEight View Post
    88/40 is common among non-wingers. Sorry to see your gone.