Default 2.3 oil pressure dos not increase with rpm

i have a 2.3 ford motor fresh from the machine shop and literally the only thing that isnt new in the motor in the head, block, and crank. Everything in the block and in the head is brand new! I started it up for the first time and had 40 psi at cold start and 15-18 psi at warm idle. I did not like such low pressures so i pulled the motor and changed the pump to a new stock melling pump. also i switched the oil from 10w40 to 20w50. After that cold start up idle oil psi was a little over 60 psi, but as the engine got closer to warm operating temp the oil psi dropped slowly all the way to 20 psi. When i rev the engine the oil psi barely moves up at all. I can not race this engine till i fix the problem. the engine builder/machine shop is a VERY good shop and has a great reputation. i called the shop and they said all bearing clearances were perfect for the 2.3 motor. So i am completely lost and yes i have a mechanical gauge and i have tried more than one with the same low oil psi readings. Can anybody please help?

Can anyone think of anything at all?

Try the tech section, youll get some possible causes there.

I had the same issue, low PSI in a 2.3L but it ran & had plenty of power for 2 seasons. Stay with the thicker oil.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtman29 View Post
    Try the tech section, youll get some possible causes there. I had the same issue, low PSI in a 2.3L but it ran & had plenty of power for 2 seasons. Stay with the thicker oil.
    where do i look in the tech section for this? Sorry i am new to this forum