Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Set it at 36

5.2 rod 34-36...5.7 or longer rod 36-38...as far as overheating, you mentioned you have twin fans, if they are on the engine side of the radiator,they should be pulling from the front and blowing towards the engine...you can test this by hand, or put a piece of paper on the radiator(front grill area) and see if the paper sticks to the radiator
    No matter how hard you try...you cant fix stupid!!!

If you build it right...it will turn left!!!

www.raceidaho.com

yes it is blowing towards the engine so that should be good. and i had my first race last saturday and had the ignition set at 36 degrees. The car was cutting out in the corners and after the hot laps and heat race i adjusted the float height and fixed the problem of cutting out, but with 3 laps to go my upper radiator hose blew off and i lost all of my water and limped it to the finish. maybe my radiator isnt doing the job? the car slowly climbed up to 190-200 degrees before it blew off.

I would get rid of the electric fan setup and go to a good fan with a shroud.
    BUCKLE UP NOW, YA HEAR?

i have another question, how big of a radiator will fit in my mustang? im looking at getting an all aluminum one. the one i have now is just a stock radiator

stock will work, make sure both hoses have springs in them so they cant collapse, also make sure you run an 11/16 restrictor in the thermostat housing
    No matter how hard you try...you cant fix stupid!!!

If you build it right...it will turn left!!!

www.raceidaho.com

I ran the fox body V8 GT radiators with the plastic tanks, and never had any cooling problems. They were free from my sponsor when I had my mustang. Im currently running those same style radiators in my camaro, temp maintains right at 190.

Be sure to use a minimum of #4 oil line to gauge. #6 is better and will more closely follow actual engine oil pressure.

190-200 is fine I always tried to be around the 215-220 mark with race gas. Not sure I would want to go that high with pump gas just out of paranoid concerns of detonation.

Going back to plugging the cam tower holes. Is this a common thing to do, or could it be a cam bearing clearance problem? I'm having the same issue & my towers are not plugged.